“Very Nice Beijing Airport Hotel”

BEST WESTERN Grandsky Hotel Beijing
Ranked #566 of 6,450 Hotels in Beijing
Marietta, GA
“Very Nice Beijing Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a 6:40 am flight back to the US from Beijing so we transferred from our downtown hotel to this airport property the night before we were leaving so as to be very close to the airport. The location is in an industrial area next to the airport (there are many other airport hotels in the area). It is very modern and clean. The staff was delightful, and wanted to make sure that we not only had the 3:15 wake-up call, but also made sure that we had a 4 am shuttle bus ride to our terminal (complimentary).

The room was very clean and modern, with plenty of outlets for charging items, and wired internet was available. The only drawback we saw, was that the room lights were not very bright, and there were not any traditional bedside lamps for reading. We loved the shower/bath combo room.

The hotel has two placed to eat, one a very high end Beijing Duck place which we did not eat in, the other was a normal hotel place. If you are craving western food, then this will not disappoint. My wife order the Toasted Cheese bread ( a grilled cheese sandwich), which came with a very nice house salad. I had the Garden salad. Both were very good.

We received our wake up call on time and they had a bellmen help us get into the shuttle. The ride to the airport is about 5 minutes.

Again, we made the hotel switch because we were not confident we would get to the airport on time from downtown at the early morning hour we needed. We are very happy that we did this, since Beijing had one of its worst smog days, and the roads were hard to use due to not being able to see very far ahead.

The price was very good well under what we paid in town,

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking floor and room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EastCobbFamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have read some of the negative reviews here.

Personally I didnt see any issue with this hostel. It is exactly what it is meant to be - a simple and quiet transit hotel. I checked in at 5 pm and stayed till next morning 430 am to catch a 6 am flight.
The room was average size but quiet with a good bed and a pretty decent shower area. For 12 hours what more can you ask for. The staff at the reception was more than helpful. They arranged the free shuttle for me at 4 in the morning and also helped me book a taxi for a dinner reservation in the city that I had made them make for me. Their english wasnt the best but managable. I am not one of those people who goes into someone else's country and expects them to speak my language with a great degree of proficiency.

Anyway - for a 12 hour stay I paid 350 yaun which I thought was a great deal. 10 mins to the airport. Good shower - good bed. Quiet sleep. Couldnt ask for more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank suhritk
Walcourt, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Accomodation is quite convenient ... but talking in English with the personnel is a bit tough ! The taxi expected to be at the airport never showed up ... I was told it was some error in their records and that I would be reimbursed of the taxi I had to pay to join the hotel. But afterwards the reimbursement was refused, because the fare I paid was too high, indicating it was not an "official" taxi ... That vehicle was in the due taxi slot at the airport, and the driver gave a ticket according to my payment ... On the first time you go to China, how can you know there are quite a lot of "unofficial" taxis !? A complaint is running ...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just what you expect from a best western. staff speak simple English. rooms very clean for china standards. not far from the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

I was a bit leary of the low price but the room was better than I expected. Still it was very small with some mildew around the bathtub. On the positive side it was fairly clean.

The staff there is terrible. I was suppose to get picked up by the hotel at the airport. They were a no show and also did not pick up colleagues who arrived 30 minutes later. Checking in and out seemed to take forever. When I checked in, they actually charged my credit card for the deposit. I have never had that done before and I travel extensively. Normally they just swipen your card in case of damage.

Turns out when I checked in I was suppose to get an envelope with information for the conference I attended, but they failed to give it to me when I checked in.

Breakfast the next day was the WORST BREAKFAST I have ever had at any hotels. When we showed up for breakfast we were told we needed to get vouchers from the front desk....another thing they should have given us at checkin? You have to sit at communal tables that were filthy. I had cereal and the milk was actually hot. They were out of orange juice the entire breakfast and ran out of coffee cups.

This place is not well run! Best Western, you are not doing your brand any good by having your name on this hotel

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank WOR_Nh
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is my second and last trip, the Crown Plaza is just across the road and HAS to be better. The worst thing about this hotel is that it is independantly owned and very badly run, very bad attitude from staff. Rooms are ok, soft beds, small and smell of smoke but they are ok and reasnably clean although there was another persons urine in my toilet when I lifted up the lid. No room amenities except a tea bag, communication quite difficult. No one helped with luggage, checking in was ok but when I wanted to leave a message for another guest, forget it! Would not recommend staying at this hotel when there are plenty others, I just had to be close to the airport but there are more choices for this part of town.

Room Tip: Search tripadvisor for alternatives, Crown Plaza should be ok. For dinner try The Orchard or Let...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Teresa L
Flat Rock, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

Nothing spectacular. The service was good. It was mostly clean but a little dated. It was what I would expect in Beijing for the price I paid. My only complaint would be the walls bing very thin. ThankfullyI was very tired so the snoring from the guy next door did not keep me up.

Room Tip: Barter, Barter, BArter. When in China dont take the first price they give you, even on a hotel.. You...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business