Best Western Grandsky Hotel Beijing
          Great 4.5/5
            Average 3/5
              Ningbo Hotel(Beijing)
                • Restaurant
                See what travelers are saying:
                FilterAll languages
                Reviewed March 22, 2011

Just 10 minutes from the airport, this is a great place to catch a comfy night's sleep before continuing on to other Asian locales. We arrived at 11:30 p.m. and left the next afternoon for Saigon. We enjoyed a bit of downtime at a nearby shopping mall--more western than we'd have liked but nice for a cup of coffee and some walking time before leaving for Vietnam. We will stay here again on a return flight and then leave in the early a..m. for the U.S.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
                Reviewed March 13, 2011

A business trip to Beijing was my first trip out of the US. Knowing the major differences in cultures, I was a bit apprehensive to say the least. The Best Western Grand Sky was a great comfort to me. It was every bit a "western" style hotel and helped me feel a little less homesick. My room was on the small side, but very nice and new feeling. The carpet looked a bit stained, but since they provided nifty little slippers, it was no problem. For the most part, the hallways were quiet and the bed was comfortable, so I slept very well.
                The staff was all extremely friendly and spoke enough english (and me enough mandarin) to be able to take care of any necessary business.
                The restaurant was fantastic. I had my first and last meals there and it was the best food of my time in China.
                While it's closeness to the airport and the expedition center would seemingly be convenient, it actually turned out to make getting around a bit more challenging than it should be. the taxi drivers at the airport did not want to bring us somewhere so close,a nd it took quite a bit of negotiating by our host to get a ride. although we did get a shuttle back to the airport form the Best Western when we left. Setting that up both directions would definitely be the best bet. And even though we could see the Crown Plaza and the Exhibition center from the hotel it was pretty much impossible to walk to either due to a large cement wall. Taxis were procured, but would have been almost impossible without our native speaking hosts.
                the breakfast (included with room) was excellent!! I loved having the option of eating western or local foods. and it was very tasty as well.
                i would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Beijing for the Exhibition center. it was a bit far form the city, and nothing to do at night, but that was not the point of my trip, so not a problem.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
                Reviewed November 19, 2010

We picked this hotel because we were looking for a reasonably priced place to catch an early morning flight, and were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was for the price. Our room was large and comfortable, with very soft beds, good lights, and a nice bathroom. I was surprised by some of the other reviewers mentioning cramped dark rooms, so I should qualify that what we stayed in was a "deluxe queen" for RMB 628 (including taxes).

The hotel has an excellent and reasonably priced Shanghai-style restaurant which was a refreshing change from the NE regional cuisine we were tiring of. There's also a western cuisine restaurant which we didn't try. Both the reception and restaurant staff spoke fluent English. We got our early wake-up call on time, and the hotel's shuttle bus took us there for our flight.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
                Thank whyhere?
                Reviewed September 24, 2010

A great aiport hotel for budget travelers. The free airport pick-up and the free internet were big pluses. The room was pretty small but I didn't mind since all I wanted was a clean, comfortable and safe room for one night near the airport. The only down side was the poor English preficiency of the staff members. My advice is don't count on telephone conversations with them..go down to the reception desk and double check if they understood you. In my case, they almost messed up the wake up time ( I asked them to prepone it over phone, but it was not updated in their records)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
                Reviewed July 26, 2010

I used to stay at this hotel four times on my way from Europe to Australia via Chine, The time between the flight were 8 hours and I used this possibility to relax before the next flight. It is only 15 minutes away from the Int terminal 3. The hotel used to privide me with a free transfers to/from the airport.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends