“Good location, Friendly environment, convenient prices”

Beijing Jianguo Hotel
Ranked #86 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I cannot go to Beijing and accommodate in different hotel. It is a pleasure to spend good time in convenient prices, good location, very close to the famous Silk Market. Clean rooms and well equipped, renovated properly, but what you see from outside is totally different from what you see from inside. I strongly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ANG L, Director of Sales at Beijing Jianguo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Jianguo Hotel Beijing and sharing you experiences on trip advisor.
I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed for 8 days in this hotel, my first experience of Beijing. Overall the hotel is pretty much like any western hotel with all the expected 4* facilities. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are a good size, well equipped and clean. Extensive breakfast (Western). On the downside it is feeling a bit tired (I think it was one of the first western business hotels) and could do with a bit of an update in terms of style and decor in places. The location is great (in the CBD area) with a Starbucks and McDonalds nearby or many local (and cheap!) restaurants a short walk away. Underground station about 1 minute walk and the Silk Market about 5 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HullSteve

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed the room and the different facilities of the hotel. We also updated one side of the hotel and we hope that you can enjoy those in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our room at the Jianguo hotel was a major disappointment. It was small and smelly, and a small dirty outside area without any view. Despite this I will still recommend this hotel to visitors to Beijing. The location is great, the excersise room and pool is very nice and the breakfast is great. Food and drinks at the hotel is terribly overpriced, but there are some really nice restaurants in the street just behind the hotel. Also the Silk Market and other stores are within walking distance. Next time I will Ask for a room that is not on the ground floor, I think IT will be better.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Svein S

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed the facilities in the hotel and we apology for the room you got. We hope that we can learn form your feedback and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was most fortunate to be offered the opportunity to join my husband working in Beijing for a short 10 day holiday. Needless to say I was booked into the same Hotel my husband has been living for the last 12 weeks, but not at all disappointed. The staff were very friendly, attentive and did their best to make my stay comfortable and happy. The foyer was immaculate and beautifully decorated with bright red flowers, and a sparkling fountain. I was a little sad we did not have a ground floor room overlooking the charming Chinese styled stream including a large population of koi fish, but our 9th floor room was adequate with a Queen bed, writing area and an especially large walk- in shower. My only complaint was the rock hard mattress - perfect if you have back problems but I have just taken delivery of new Sleep Country cushion top mattress to replace the very same "brick hard" mattress my husband bought without any consultation with me. The buffet breakfast that was included in the cost was good - lots of selections and everything freshly made. There were always staff available to refill glasses and remove dirty plates. We tried both restaurants and bars in the hotel at different times and found them all most satisfactory, but there were also many excellent restaurants within walking distance including a supurb Indian Restaurant hidden in the lower floor of "The Place" - about 15 minutes walk away. The Underground Train was less than 1 minute away and was cheap, easy to use and very safe for a woman getting around. There were many shopping areas close by - the cheaper Silk Market to the right and a very up market designer Shopping Centre to the left.

Room Tip: Perfect for first time visitors to Beijing
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you enjoyed our facilities. We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

good location, very nice western breakfast, friendly staff but they are a bit shy, very efficeient room cleaning staff - room is cleaned very well while I am eating breakfast. Property is very well maintained for something build in the late 50's. Really like the bedside controls for all the lights in the room. The use of the room card to activate the electricity and elevator something i didn't expect but its learnable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 23, 2013

An older hotel (than expected) but clean and with an amazing location - 3 minutes away from the Silk Market. The business floor is very comfortable due to their happy hour and soft drinks availability. The furniture would need an upgrade, as would the bathroom facilities.
The breakfast was not spectacular, I would have expected a bit more variation.
All in all an OK stay.

Room Tip: Business floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope we can learn from your feedback, regarding the rooms and the breakfast. We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Nice Hotel for a stay but i have been to better hotels in China. Breakfast is really exclusive, the hotel provides a wide range of dishes. I really loved dinning there specially that there is a nice water stream near the food court.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Jianguo hotel Beijing and sharing your experiences on tripadivisor. We are very glad to read you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope to see you in the future.