“I had a great stay in Beijing”

Beijing Jianguo Hotel
Ranked #82 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I travelled to Beijing alone to visit the city. It was my first time china. The hotel is right by a Starbucks and the shopping center Silk Road, which is must see/must negotiate in Beijing. The metro station is only 10meters away and some restaurants are around. An English girl was doing her internship in this hotel, which made the communication much easier and the stay much easier. i found this was an excellent idea of the hotel. The hotel isn't that far from the airport or the city center. I understood from my guide that if people stay in city center the commute to the airport becomes very difficult. By the same token I was far from most of night life and tourist sights. The hotel was clean but a bit expensive for what it was. I still liked the staff and the service and enjoyed my Starbucks coffee in china every morning. I recommend this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
ANG L, Director of Sales at Beijing Jianguo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Jianguo hotel Beijing and sharing your experiences on Tripadivisor. We are very glad to read you had a great stay at our hotel and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed here in a svit 2013 05.
Great service whit private check in when you stay in svit or exec. rooms.
Free happy our on your floor ( 4 ) between 18-20.
Clean rooms and good breakfast.
But the AC in the rooms smells like hell !!!
I slept whit open window and turned the AC off.

I did not complain about the AC because i only slept here for 3 nights but next time...
We where a party of 4 whit 4 rooms, all smelled bad.
But that's the only bad to say about the hotel !
Everything else was excellent !!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Jianguo hotel Beijing and sharing your experiences on tripadivisor.
We apology for the smell the air-conditioning made and we hope this does not occur any more in the future. We are very glad to read you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It is a nice hotel with McDonalds, KFC, and Indian restaurant at a walk able distance.
Executive room is best with unlimited breakfast, unlimited snacks in the evening.
6am to 10pm unlimited fruits,soft drinks.
So u just need to pay the room rent. then you can survive with this free food facilities.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Jianguo hotel Beijing and sharing your experiences on Tripadivisor. We are very glad to read you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Jianguo Hotel on many occasions and have to say it is one of the more pleasurable hotels I visit for business. The staff could not be more helpful, the rooms are fantastic. I have stayed in the Executive Suite rooms on most occasions which are like small apartments, very well equipped with amazing bathrooms and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The lounge and bars are very good, breakfast offers cuisine from around the world and is excellent. Location is excellent, close to some good restaurants and just a few minutes walk from the Silk Market. There is an underground station next to the hotel, which is cheap and easy to use.
I would stay again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Jianguo Hotel Beijing and sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor. We are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here for a week. The only other hotel I have stayed at in Beijing is the Zhaolong, so I will compare with that.

It is a decent hotel, in a good central location.

Rooms were clean, especially noted the carpet was quite clean in my room. Average sort of size and decent facilities provided. There is a hairdryer, iron and ironing board, robes and slippers etc.

Walls are a bit thin, you could easily hear noises but lucky none was too intrusive or annoying.

There is tea and coffee facilities, but no milk. Two small complimentary bottles of water provided per day. (Suggest you buy water outside of hotel, MUCH cheaper).

Hotel managers- it would be REALLY nice if visitors were supplied with a decent quantity of safe water. Beijing tap water is undrinkable, and I would not totally trust it even after boiling. It may be safe to drink bacteria wise, but I worry about heavy metals etc.

Internet was really good! Strong WiFi in room due to repeater presence and a cable option, although the cable latch was broken it stayed in my laptop as long as I was careful. (Being a network admin I ended up replacing it with cable I had with me).

Internet was very fast for China and impressed me.

The heater in the room either didn't work, or was very very slow to warm the room. Didn't try A/C as it was end of winter.

All in all, the room was decent.

Dining, I did not use the fancier restaurants, instead occasionally eating at the dining area where breakfast is served.

Breakfast was OK, acceptable but the dining area itself is a little depressing, there are too many dark colours and it makes the area feel dingy.

Dinner - Menu is fairly limited and quite pricey if you go the steak options. I had the curry, hamburger, fried rice and chop suey over my stay, the chop suey and fried rice was very good. The burger also very decent. The curry was quite average.

There is a buffet option, but the price is very high. I suggest to the managers, move the seafood buffet away from the entrance, it smells like a wet market and many find the smell disagreeable.

I think one of the main letdowns of the dining area was the colour and lighting, it was a little too dark and 'cavey'. More whites would be nice.

Service was very good. Staff were attentive and very friendly, always offering a greeting and smile which was nice.

The 'indoor' fountain garden area is nice, the water could be a little cleaner though, suggest some filtering / algae removal would improve.

Checkin and checkout was fast and efficient. Very good.

I was tempted to give the hotel 4 stars but cannot quite give it that good a score. Its more like a 3.5

Perfectly adequate hotel with decent service, be nicer if the place was brightened up a bit.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, ask to be put in a room as far from smoking rooms as possible as the smell...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

We apologies for the broken heater in your room. We are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope than we can learn from you feedback.
We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you were a regular business traveler to Beijing from the mid eighties, this hotel may hold fond memories for expat visitors i.e. Charlie’s bar, beers in the lobby, a steak in the French restaurant, Justine’s. Although this hotel is now fully under Chinese management (originally a JV) and does not have all the flash amenities of a more modern hotel now in Beijing, we found a warm and homely atmosphere still exists. The hotel underwent a renovation before the Olympics and thankfully, they kept it the same, all the above outlets remain. For the business traveler, rooms are abit dated in the sense that there is a lack of sockets within the desk area, somewhat small, nevertheless, they are still more than comfortable and priced accordingly.

If you are looking for a location on Jianguomenwei, close to China World, Silk Market and even the Forbidden City then this is as good as any. Yes, I will be back; however, I wonder how long more this hotel will exist since it is a low rise located in a prime area, which is now surrounded by new high-rise developments.

Room Tip: Garden Room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Jianguo Hotel Beijing and sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor. We are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to stay in business as long as possible and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've stayed at the Garden room for a few days for business last month. This is the third time at this hotel as I particularly enjoyed the cozy atmosphere there and the great location. Unlike other international chain hotel, it gives you a feeling of getting home. The balcony of my room is overlooking the nice water garden but it's a too cold sitting outside. It will be great for Spring or Summer time though. The room is nicely decorated and spacious enough. The front desk staff is friendly and attentive. They are efficient for both checking in and out.
The buffet breakfast is great with wide selection of choices and some cook to order items. I'll definitely come and stay again.