Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
$228
$267
$212
Agoda.com
2,602 results
All reviewsthe executive loungelifestyle suiteforbidden citywalk in closetwangfujing streetdiamond memberwalking distancehilton beijingconcierge deskexcellent hotelupgraded to a suitelounge accessnight food marketrain showershopping mallthe location is perfectpeking duck
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Spent 5 nights here, one of the easiest hotel stays I've ever had. Nothing was a problem, housekeeping and room service were always of a high standard. The bellmen/ concierge (the guys out the front) were fantastic- always welcoming and helpful, even when we spoke different languages we got there in the end- really great asset to the hotel. Room was large and quiet and the pool was a nice escape from the grind of Beijing! Excellent location. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank cover_version
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Hilton Wangfujing a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. From the moment we arrived and received a small upgrade, to the moment we left when the hotel had arranged a lovely Audi to drive us to the airport (a small luxury we treated ourselves to after 10 days of taxi's in China) - our stay at the Hilton was almost flawless.

As noted by others, the location is great. Walking distance to the Forbidden City and Tianamen Square, but also in very close proximity to Wangfujing Street and the night markets. However it was the service at the hotel that we really appreciated.

On arrival (at around lunchtime) I found out that one of my DSLR lenses was broken, and I'd hoped to be able to find a Sony store to purchase a new one. On asking at the Concierge, I was surprised to find that there was a store no more than 10 minutes walk away. Rather than leaving it at that - the concierge (I'm sorry I forget his name) called, made sure that they had what I wanted, and then printed out a map and ran me through the directions how to walk there. WIthin 30 minutes of arriving at the Hilton I had my problem solved already to tackle the Great Wall the next morning!

We ate at Chynna one night and the food was great. We had breakfast each morning in the coffee shop and the food and service was better than other hotels we'd stayed in during our trip, however hysterically after my wife had her place 'cleared' while getting a juice one morning when we we in a bit of a hurry, the next morning, we were recognised and they made such a fuss about getting her a juice, and some toast, and some butter, and some tea, etc...... The only food/beverage hiccup we encountered was the offering in the Executive Lounge which we found a little disappointing (compared to say the Hilton Sydney or even the Hilton Xi'An we'd stayed in the few nights before) - however when getting an upgrade you can't complain too much.

The room was amazing, with a cheeky view over the neighbourhood next door, with a comfy bed, the most amazing shower and even a walk in robe! I think also it should be called a 'maxi' (not mini) bar! My only comment was that the A/C system seemed a little 'weak'. I'd heard similar comments on TripAdvisor - but we really did struggle to get comfortable at night (we like it on the chillier side).

However, I must say that the highlight, and mostly likely most memorable moment of the stay, was when talking with one of the concierge team (Desmond Wang) he instantly remembered me from our earlier email correspondence some 2 months earlier, and quickly came around the counter to shake my hand and give me his card. I didn't have to call on him - but I'm sure if I did he would have solved any problem I might have had.

There's hundreds of options of places to stay in Beijing - but you certainly couldn't do much better than the Hilton Beijing Wangfujing.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdelaideArchitect
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Location is walking distance from Forbidden City. Hotel is modern and give the impression of being high quality and intimate as if it is a small hotel. We we upgraded to a de luxe room which was very spacious and high quality. Excellent bed and bathroom and large walk in closet. A little search for the temperature control which was located next to the drinks cabinet. Near the lobby is the library which is a nice place for a coffee or a drink. Breakfast in the restaurant is good. Large swimming pool (indoor). Almost next to an excellent shopping mall with a wide choice of good and cheap restaurants on the 5th and z6th floor. Walk out of the hotel and turn right and you see the entrance in front of you.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
BillFisherDirectorOP, Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Dutch 1505,
Warm greetings from Beijing and thank you kindly for your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you found the location so convenient; indeed we are so close to the APM Shopping mall where you can find lots of dining options. I would recommend the Belagio restaurant for Taiwanese-style food, and Saboten--famous for tonkatsu--has also just opened a branch. Also Waldorf-Astoria has just opened an amazing location across the street from us so now we can enjoy afternoon tea at Peacock Alley, too. There is so much choice in the neighborhood; lots of competition for our own hotel restaurants!
I am very glad you were able to enjoy your trip to Beijing and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. In the mean time, I wish you safe travels.
Kind regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We checked in 11 April at around 3pm, we were received by a young lady at the Front Desk, we precised that we have requested a no smoking room, verified with her again if our room was indeed a no smoking room. As we entered the room, there was an incense burning in the bathroom that filled the room with this smell. But during the night, we smelled cigarettes. On the second night was worst, and we went down to complain and was told that the 10th floor was a smoking floor! The Concierge on duty (Mr. Andy), listened to our concern about the room, and he immediately took action to move us to a higher floor. We were very annoyed, and wanted to report the name of the lady who checked us in, but obviously none of the staff at the Front Desk was willing to give her name. Anyway we moved, and also was given free wifi in the room. I find paying for wifi $20 a day, is a bit exaggerated , when most of the time, tourists are out of the room for 10 hours at least! I must say, the Concierge service was "impeccable" we wanted to send our three suitcases to Beijing and they did the necessary to assist us. The Concierge service made a lot of difference, they were very helpful, everyone more or less spoke english, took you to the taxi and explained to driver directions..The breakfast was very generous, room was comfortable and big, except for the first two nights when we were in a smoking room! Location is perfect!

Room Tip: always get the name of the person checking you in, and double check the room you requested!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adelaida Gigi P

Dear Adelaida Gigi P,

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel, and I'm glad to read that the concierge service was so helpful.
I apologize for the miscommunication at check-in; this was our fault. Your reservation was made requesting a non-smoking room, and you were originally allocated a non-smoking room. I have spoken to our reception agent and she has genuinely misunderstood and re-allocated a different--and unfortunately smoking--room. Incidentally, the incense you note on arrival is a light, naturally-derived lemongrass scent that our Executive Housekeeper has specially selected for turn-down service to freshen our rooms, and is placed in every accommodation. I hope you have enjoyed it, but we will gladly remove the scents upon request.
Despite our misunderstanding, I thank you for kindly accepting our offer of complimentary in-room wireless internet.
If your travels will again bring you back to Beijing I hope we may have the honor of your business once again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in centre of wangfujing, walking distance to malls and sights. A little pricey, but you get in exchange really beautiful massive rooms and the breakfast buffet in the morning is well worth it too. We would definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Angsty,
Thank you for your complimentary review! I'm glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast buffet. We are quite fortunate to offer some of the largest rooms in the neighborhood--something that everyone enjoys after a long day of sightseeing or meetings.
I hope we may have the honor of welcoming you back to Beijing on your next visit.
My best regards,