“Amazing property, ranks up there with Conrad Maldives”

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #24 of 6,474 Hotels in Beijing
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Amazing property, ranks up there with Conrad Maldives”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was our first time to China and we were debating between Marriott and Hilton. Based on other positive reviews, we choose Hilton Wangfujing. As Gold members staying on points, we were upgraded to Club Level room with free breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The room was humongous with seperate bath and shower. Amazingly plush bed, attentive staff. Breakfast buffet was huge with mix of Chines and American dishes including fresh vegetable juice machine.

Cocktail hour in the lounge consisted of lots of different alcohol (we don't drink), hors d' oeuvres, and other desserts.

Location was right by a mall where we had dinner two nights.

Overall an amazing experience, thanks again Hilton for making our trip so special.

Room Tip: Try to get status prior to coming.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear cardigans1,
Thank you for having chosen Hilton Beijing Wangfujing on your first visit to Beijing! I am delighted to know you did not regret your choice and that you rank us up there with Conrad Maldives (our new Chef is joining us next month from Conrad Maldives!). I appreciate your recommendation. Best regards, Marc de Beer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norway
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very nice hotel close to the shopping street Wangfujing! Great service! When we came back to the hotel in the evenings the room smelled of scented candles and chill out music was on the stereo! The pool and the gym was very nice and clean. I can strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Karianne S,
Thank you for recommending our hotel. I am glad you had a satisfying experience. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
Chicago
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I do a lot of traveling. I'm a Hilton Diamond member so I stay at a lot of Hiltons. But the level of service and friendliness I found during my recent stay at the Hilton Wangfujing was the best experience I have ever had at a Hilton - or really almost any other hotel. I will preface the rest of this review by saying this was a family vacation. Three of my grandsons ages 10, 13, and 16 along with my son-in-law and myself stayed at the hotel for about 8 total days (a bit on and off due to tours). Also, we booked rooms with access to the Executive Floor. I would highly recommend this option if you can, especially with families. Having breakfast provided each morning as well as having a nice place to gather in the morning and recuperate in the afternoon is invaluable.

So back to the review... First, about two weeks prior to arriving, I received an email from Morrison Wang the Executive Floor Manager at the hotel. He introduced himself, reviewed my reservation, and invited me to contact him prior to my arrival if there was anything I needed. I have to say, this is the first time I have been contacted by a hotel prior to my arrival to be sure everything would be as expected. I thought this was a great touch. I was able to contact Morrison and ask questions about transportation access and other logistics of the visit prior to even arriving.

We arrived very early in the morning (1AM). The desk staff was expecting us and after only a few moments at the front desk, ushered us up to the rooms. The rooms were beautiful. Very large and clean. The next morning we went up to the Executive Floor for breakfast and Morrison was there. He remembered the details of our prior email exchange and made sure that everything was going well with our stay both inside and outside of the hotel. The breakfast buffet was very nice including custom omelets (a bit small but tasty and you can always go back for seconds) and a selection of western and Chinese foods.

The hotel itself is located right off Wangfujing Street which is a major shopping area in Beijing. Yes, the area is a bit touristy but it is very close to the Forbidden City and other major attractions. One of the best surprises is the mall -- yes, the mall. As you exit the hotel and turn right, about 100 yards away is the entrance to a very large mall. Normally, I avoid malls like the plague. But as it turns out, this one has a few particularly good restaurants. There is an excellent hot pot restaurant as well as a couple of very nice dumpling restaurants. All very conveniently located. Also, for what it's worth, the Apple Store is right around the corner as well. This turned out to be a convenience as I had left a cable at home. There is also a movie theater that shows English language movies.

While we were there, Wangfujing Street was closed off to car traffic and turned into a large pedestrian mall. It was a lot of fun walking around. There were mostly a lot of Chinese tourists there but a few non-Chinese as well. English communication was generally not a problem. One of the cool quirky places to go is the Wangfujing snack street. It's on the way to the subway station to your right. It's a small, narrow hutong where every kind of food you can imagine is available from the traditional dumplings all the way to scorpions, centipedes, snakes, and whole roasted baby ducks. It was quite the experience.

The Wangfujing subway stop is about a 10-12 minute walk from the hotel. Getting around by subway in Beijing is cheap (30 cents) and easy. Ticket machines all have English instructions and there are English signs at all the subway stops. You can easily walk to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City from the hotel (about 20-25 minutes), but it was so hot when we were in Beijing, it was just as easy to grab the subway which has nice, cool air-conditioned cars.

Every day when we returned from our outings, either Morrison or one of his staff was there to help up recuperate. It was also good sitting in the lounge and talking to other folks about their adventures. It was during one of these conversations that we learned about the Back Lakes which was another cool place to go in Beijing.

We checked out of the hotel for a couple of days to stay at a small bed and breakfast type place (the Liuhe Courtyard -- also fabulous) and when we returned, the hotel front desk staff immediately recognized us and welcomed us back. It was just like coming home. Oh, by the way, the hotel restaurant has a buffet that is out of this world. Highly recommended.

All in all our stay at the Wangfujing Hilton was fabulous. The rooms were spacious and beautiful and Morrison and his staff went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. I can't imagine a better hotel to stay in while visiting Beijing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank scott1588
Dear Scott1588,
Thank you for posting your extensive review of your recent Beijing experience. I am pleased that you and your family had a great time and were comfortable in our hotel. The title of your review humbles us and motivates us to continue doing what we love, serving our guests. Wangfujing Street is a permanent pedestrian zone where lots of activities are organized each month. We hope your review will motivate many others to come and experience it. Best regards, Marc de Beer
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I recently stayed in this excellent hotel with my kid (8 years old). The location is fantastic, just right next to a supermarket (picked up milk and supply), and Starbucks, shopping street (Wangfujing) and excellent food. The hotel is comfortably furnished and very clean. The rooms are spacious (20 paces from one end to the next) and quiet, with lots of privacy. Beds are big and comfortable, we had wonderful sleep throughout our stay. We stayed in their normal rooms and there is a separate walk in wardrobe, a separate bath, separate shower and WC. The entire is well lit and has an open concept. All the major TV stations in China CCTVs and provincial TV station are available. All the major cable network of America and Asia are there too. A full range of DVD selection is also available for free. Staff are courteous and responsive to your needs. Even before we checked in, they started communicating with us on email to check if we require any further assistance (albeit it is business), but that adds a personal touch.

Dear Dong Haur P,
Thank you for having chosen Hilton Beijing Wangfujing for your recent visit to Beijing. I was thrilled to know you liked our spacious (50 square meters) Deluxe Room. I'm also happy that you appreciated the contact pre arrival. We try to do this with all guests who leave their email address on their booking. I hope we may have the privilige of serving you again soon. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Staff service was excellent, price was justified, bed was comfortable with decent choice of pillow menu, housekeeping was attentive, room was extremely spacious (50sqm) with modern touch and location just 1 min walk behind busy Wangfujin area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Melvin S,
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. I am glad you liked our pillow menu. We look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Marc de Beer.
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I went with my mother.This hotel should be called Waldorf or Conrad.Superb location right at Wangfujing.I had standard room ut it was really nice and so big.I have satyed at many Hilton as former Diamond member but this hotel was the best as Hilton anywhere in the world.Front desk manager Astrid was very helpful as well.Also the bakery was really good and it helped saving some money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Jimmy S,
I was thrilled to read that you rate us as the best Hilton ever! I notice you visited us a while ago, so I hope we may welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The room my family stayed in for 5-days was large & clean. Bed was large and very comfortable. Room was isolated from sound of closing doors and outside traffic. We regretted for not spending more time in the room to enjoy the nice ambient, as we travelled everyday and were not in the hotel room till after 9pm. Street mall, shops & food street are within 5 mins walking distance from this hotel. Excellent hotel for family holidaymakers and also honeymooners.

Dear Kee Tat N,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel here on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed the hotel. As to spending not enough time in the room, do come back.... Best regards, Marc de Beer