“Stayed at Hilton Wangfujing, Beijing again”

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #25 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Lobby is a bit plain. Food in the Executive Lounge has improved a lot since my last stay. Better variety at Teatime and evening snacks are much improved. Could still be better. Internet is expensive, already a 5 Star Hotel. Other cheaper hotels provide it free. Flames Restaurant was open again and I tried it. Excellent steak, wine and dinner. Top notch service. Vascos Restaurant has gone downhill quite a bit. Less selection, not so good atmosphere, service not as sharp. Room on 15th Floor was really good. These make the stay VERY comfortable. It was my 10th stay and won't be my last.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank QuienSabe1

Reviewed July 15, 2013

In Beijing on business, am a fan of Hilton Hotels, and this one did not disappoint.
Great service, well appointed rooms, and their restaurants did not disappoint.
Highly recommend this hotel,and it is in a great location.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I did not originally plan to stay at this hotel; the reservation was made about 15 minutes before my arrival, from my cell phone while in the back of a cab. None-the-less, the Marriott about a half-mile away has last minute rates for about 65% of the Hilton. I should mention however that the receptionist kindly upgraded me to the executive floor.

Price aside, the hotel is fantastic, especially for a Hilton (which I tend to think of in the 4* rather than 5* category). It is in a great neighborhood both for shopping, and is close to the metro for sightseeing. The rooms are everything standard Hilton, but with the difference that there are no flaws; everything seems like it is 1 day old (rather than 5 years old, which it actually is). The housekeeping does a great job.

The service was great, and the lobby bar prices are reasonable for a hotel. I enjoyed the lobby bar (called "The Library") so much that I kept coming back for drinks, even once I had checked into another place. Great hotel overall.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2013

One of the best hotel stays and accmomondations for a 5 star hotel. I checked in fairly quickly. Daniel set me up with an anniversary spread with a cake and champagne on our check in. I was not told that there was a charge until I checked out. I was upgraded to a Deluxe Plus room with my Hilton status. i was happy with the room and the bathtub with roses. The bathroom lay-out was nice, but I would have liked more lights. At times I had to go into the walk-in closet to use the lighting and and the nice wall mirrrors. The room was large and clean. I loved the view from my room on the 8th floor overlooking the patio area below. There was ample walk-in closet space to hang all of our clothes for the week long stay. I was exceptionally happy with the concierge service. they were so helpful with planning visits to nearby attrations and directions. They even helped me re-schedule my flight. The rate is a little pricey. wish te rate was lower or more discount for Hilton Honors members . The location next to the mall, Wangfujing shopping, subway and attraction was perfect. Just have plan your time during rush hour if you plan to take the taxi or bus routes. The beds were so plush and comfortable. They came around in the evening and asked to turn down your bed and offer more bottled water. The balckout drapes were controlled by your bedside along with the master light contolls. The room was cleaned every morning perfectly. The best I've ever seen. It was so convenient and safe. I had trouble with my phone retrieving a voicemail and the repair guys didn't speak English, but he was very nice and and everything was taken car eof through the front desk. Other than that everyone spoke English and was greeted everyday from the front desk to the person getting your taxi. It was very reasonable just getting a taxi to the airport. Th ehotel does offer their transportation service for a little more money. I hope to come back next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed for several nights on business traveling with a small party. What a fantastic stay.
Check-in was smooth. I had a package waiting for me at reception which was great to see hotel staff were on the ball

Room was a nice size well laid out with partitioned storage dressing area, bathroom, bedroom and desk-alcove.

Light controls and aircon easy to find. Lighting good. Desk setup ergonomic with good charging points. Separate shower "room" and bath (note the bath and vanity are in an alcove which is open plan with partial views to the bedroom).

No wifi in room (cable only) but good Wifi in hotel lobby and other public areas

Breakfast buffet was excellent and we also sampled the lunch buffet which was tasty also. Full range of asian and western choices (try the chocolate fountain for desert yum!).

We had a seminar at the hotel which was well catered for. There is a good selection of seminar/function rooms from small to large and the IT and catering support were excellent.

The hotel is very well located in the shopping district of Wangfujing and close to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden city.

Overall, very hard to beat!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2013

- Transfer Airport - Hotel

Totally worth it. If it's your first time to Beijing, and you don't speak chinese, I would say it's the best option. You write to the hotel, and they will pick you up. Around 600 chinese yuan. A little expensive though.

- Check-in

When I said my name at the check-in desk, the gentleman said they were waiting for me (ok, they probably say this to everyone, but it's still nice to hear that) and that they already upgraded me to a suite because I'm a Hilton HHonors Gold Member. Great! Also told me about all the benefits I had because of this, like free Breakfest, free internet, exclusive concierge, and the executive lounge during the whole day, with snacks, drinks, etc.

- Room

When you get into the room, you can already see that you are in high-class Hilton Hotel. Everything impecable. There was a letter for me together with a wheel with lots of biscuits.

The minibar is a show itself. Huge, packed with all types of drinks, coffee machine, snacks, etc.

Something I really liked was the blackout curtains. With a press of a button, everything gets totally dark, it doesn't matter what time of the day is.

The bathroom is huge, beautiful. The tub overlooks the city. You have everything you need there. Luxury amenities everywhere.

- Executive Lounge

As soon as you walk into the lounge, they greet you with a "Welcome Back", even If it's your first time there. They ask If you need any help in the city, If you want drinks, snacks, food, whatever! I said I needed a chinese sim card for my Iphone. In 5 minutes there was a guy walking with me through the city for the next 30 minutes, trying to find the sim card. Man, this is rare and amazing at the same time!

- Room Service

Great options. They bring the food and set up the whole table in your room. High quality food.

- Breakfast

The buffet is huge! Lots of options! Breads, chinese food, western food, juices, noodles, etc etc... Definitely high quality items!

- Communication in English

If you consider that it's really hard to find someone who speaks english in Beijing, they do a good job. But don't try to have any type of talk out of what they expect. Then it's not gonna work.

- Location

Perfect. Right next to a huge shopping mall, and one block from the main avenue (Wangfujing St.). With the "Street Market" (yes, that one with scorpions to eat).

- Conclusion

Definitely recommend it. The best Hilton Hotel I stayed at. Luxury everywhere. The service is amazing. They knock on your room early in the evening just to give you a bottle of water and set up your bed ready for your sleep. Those types of things really make the difference. The location is perfect If you want to stay in the heart of Beijing. I will definitely stay there again If I have to come back to Beijing.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view to the right of the hotel. You might get to see the "Forbidden City&q...