“Amazing service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 6,442 Hotels in Beijing
Houston, TX
“Amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stay at a Hilton over once a week and I don't think I've ever seen this level of service from one of their properties. Two days before I arrived I got an email from Morrison, the head of the Executive Floor to give me all the relevant information I needed before my stay. Boy was that helpful. Once I arrived, Morrison was there to greet me and make me feel like a king. The executive lounge is nice and has a good spread of food and free cocktails in the afternoons. I got upgraded to a suite and the room was absolutely phenomenal. Probably the memory I will have from staying here is the girls at the desk in the Executive lounge leaping from their chairs to greet me everytime I walked in. These people could teach a course on service and class!!

The location was outstanding, only a 10 minute walk to Tieneman Square and the Forbidden City. 1 minute walk to a huge shopping area with plenty of restaurants. Couldn't have asked to be in a better part of Beijing.

Also worth noting the tour desk did a great job setting me up with a private tour of the Great Wall. Ask for Joe with Gray Line if you use this service. Great guy with outstanding English.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear davewfaa,
Thank you for your glowing review of your recent stay with us. I believe we briefly met when you were on your way to Flames Grill for dinner. Thank you for the mention of Morrison. I'll be sure to recognize him and his team for the service provided. I will also share your review with Joe of Gray Line tours, I am sure he will appreciate it! Thanks again and best regards, Marc de Beer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We arrived in the lobby of the Hilton at 4PM, after trying to reach the hotel since 8AM that day from the the port of Tianjin. The hotel was a very welcomed oasis for two very weary travellers. After 2 long taxi rides, where we and the drivers could not understand each other, a ride on the Bullet Train, and a 40 minute walk, we arrived in a clean, beautiful, and quiet lobby. Quite a contrast from the smog, crowds, and continual spitting of the taxi drivers and pedestrians. BEWARE, WEAR COVERED SHOES WHEN WALKING IN CHINA, THE SPITTING IS NON-STOP. Our room was luxorius, very well appointed, and immaculately clean. The bed was dreamy- we had the best night of sleep for our whole vacation. The hotel is located a couple blocks from the Fobidden City and Tia en Amin Square. Outside the back entrance of the hotel is a good street for shopping. In particular there is a silk store that had much better prices than the stores in Shanghai. The hotel has a lovely little indoor pool and a great restaurant where we had Peking Duck. The meal was excellent and the service very attentive. I highly recommend this Hilton.

Room Tip: The hotel staff are very helpful and arranged a private tour guide to take us to the Great Wall. He...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marla001
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Marla001,
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased that you had the best night sleep of your holiday and recommend our hotel to others. Best regards, Marc de Beer.
orlando, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was greeted and cared for during the whole time of my stay (6 nights), and the staff really made me feel special every day, for any request I had. The GM, Marc De Beer is very nice and made a point to meet me, which was very special. Elvis, the Head Concierge made sure I was taken care of and accommodated excursions for me. The Hotel location is very practical, especially for someone not speaking Mandarin, location matters! And the room or suite really was magnificent. I specially loved the welcoming treats & fresh fruit in the room. Great stay and experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Axelle,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience here on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your time in Beijing and appreciate you recommending our hotel to others. Best regards, Marc de Beer
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was there in March 2013 and was impressed with the hotel. The only hiccup was at the reception where the front desk staff could not understand us and vice versa. Room is very clean and spacious. Tastefully decorated. No issue with hot water. Nice spread of breakfast buffet. Hotel staff are generally courteous and helpful particularly at the coffee house.

Free wi-fi is readily available at the coffee house and lobby area. View from the room is largely depending on which side is your room. The view from my room was not that great but we were hardly in the room, so no problem.

Location wise, this is the perfect place if you want to visit Beijing. Everything is nearby. It takes about 5 minutes driving to Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. To Summer Palace, the drive is about 30 minutes, depending on the traffic. Only the Great Wall is slightly far but the journey is still scenic nonetheless.

Wangfujing pedestrian street is less than a minute walk from the hotel. If you are into designer items, the hotel is annexed to Macau Center and you may just find what you are looking for. Shopping malls around Wangfujing is very impressive in size, decoration and collections -demonstrating the people's purchasing power. Nightlife is however quite tame around this area.

As a whole, I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone wishes to visit Beijing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear arb_ok,
Thank you for your recommendation and sorry for the hiccup at reception. I take it that all was resolved satisfactorily? Hope you will continue to recommend us and return soon. Thank you and regards, Marc de Beer
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family always looks forward to staying at Hilton Wangfujing whenever we go to Beijing. Each time we agree that we will definitely come back. The rooms are spacious and clean, location is superb, and service is the best! Mr. Morris Wang of the executive lounge took great care of us and helped my elderly parents get last minute taxi transportation to Tianjin.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear bwanash,
Thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, and for having posten another review.
I was delighted to read that you and your family still love the hotel, and I have shared your compliments with Morrison. We hope to see you back again soon!
Best regards, Marc de Beer
Avon, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Beijing Wangfujing in June after booking a last minute trip to Beijing on a business turned vacation trip. This hotel was absolutely wonderful! The breakfast was incredible, the staff very accomodating and helpful and the room was incredible. It's a great location if you want to walk to the Forbidden City. The pedestrian street (Wangfujing) is right around the corner (thru the mall!), making this a great location for a leisurely stroll and central to some good tourist attracts. I highly recommend this property!

Dear jb8583,
Thank you for having chosen Hilton Beijing Wangfujing during your recent trip to Beijing, and for having taken the time to post a review here on Trip advisor.
I was pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay and I hope you will continue to recommend us and make us your hotel of choice again if future travels bring you back to Beijing.
Kind regards, Marc de Beer
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Bejing Wangfujing in my first trip to China in November and the hotel was outstanding. The pool was excellent, the breakfast was amazing and the servers at breakfast were the best ever. I checked out and left my Ipod in the hotel room which I did not realize until back in the United States. I was able to work with the hotel staff to ultimately retrieve and ship my lost Ipod back to me in the US. The room, staff, and location were all outstanding, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ondrey L
Dear Ondrey L,
Thank you so much for your glowing review of your stay at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing. I was pleased to see we were able to reunite you with your ipod. We look forward to your return! Kind regards, Marc de Beer..