“Nice Hotel in a Great Area”

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #23 of 6,517 Hotels in Beijing
Columbia, Maryland
“Nice Hotel in a Great Area”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The hotel appears to be newer and is in a great walkable location. There is an interesting street market nearby and some more souvenir-type shops as well as a mall. It is not too far to some of the major tourist attractions such as the Forbidden City and the Pearl Market. The hotel has several restaurants. Their breakfast buffet, while not included in the price, is very good. Their wifi access is a bit pricey but they do offer free wifi in the lobby. The rooms are very nice and they have excellent walk-in style closets for your luggage.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank swtravelbug
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear swtravelbug,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. We are indeed ideally situated close to many attractions and conveniences. We do offer breakfast inclusive rates and our current Great Getaway promotion on the Hilton website offers great value! Thank you for recommending us. Kind regards, Marc de Beer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Golden Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel in a great location in Beijing. The rooms are phenomenal, and I could not have asked for better service. The executive lounge is great - probably one of the better I have seen, and the hotel is located near lots of great shopping and restaurants. I was traveling in China on business during my birthday and the staff made me feel at home with happy birthday wishes and even a gourmet birthday cake! I highly recommend this hotel if you're in the area.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Collin S,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to learn you felt the service provided was top notch. I am happy we were able to make your birthday away from home a little special. We hope to welcome you back with us soon. Best regards, Marc de Beer
Beijing, China
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Excellent hotel in the center of Beijing. The service is good. The staff was polite and helpful. The hotel should have free internet on the rooms. Only 20 minutes walk to the forbidden city and 10 minutes walk to the closest metro station.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Odd Henning H
Dear Odd Henning H,
Thank you for having chosen Hilton Beijing Wangfujing for your recent trip to Beijing. I was pleased to read you liked the hotel, its location and service. Thank you for recommending us. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
London
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a 2 night stay with my wife and the hotel is wonderful. They upgraded me to a suite and delivered lovely amenities. The Krug Champagne was particularly nice and went down well. Highly recommended and great location.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Oceanexpress,
Thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor. I was thrilled to read your wife and you loved the hotel. I trust you will make us your hotel of choice again when travels bring you back to beautiful Beijing. Best regards, Marc de Beer
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Service is top notch at this hotel near the shopping area and night market. Not far from forbidden city. So location is great. Room was spectacular. Roomy with a shower to die for. Staff is very friendly and helpful. One of the best hotels I have ever visited and if I ever return to Beijing I would consider no other place.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear StevenPeter,
I was thrilled to read how great you felt our service and facilities were. We get many great feedback on the rainshower feature in our oversized walk in shower rooms. I realize it may be a while before you visit Beijing again, but do recommend us to your friends. We will do our utmost to repeat the experience you had. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Hilton property last year using reward points and had an incredible stay. Staff were very friendly, we were upgraded to a gorgeous, large room, and the exec lounge was great! Convenient location, near shops, the night food market, and walking distance to a few tourist attractions. If I ever returned to Beijing, I would stay here.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear wehearttravellin,
Thank you for having chosen Hilton Beijing Wangfujing during your recent trip to Beijing, and for having taken the time to share your experience. You were upgraded to a Lifestyle Suite. With its 75 square meters this is one of our most popular rooms. I was pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay and I hope you will make us your hotel of choice again if future travels bring you back to Beijing. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stay at the Hilton virtually every week on business but this is by far the best one I have stayed in.

Being a HH Diamond member we were upgraded to the Executive Room which is very spacious and airy and I cannot fault anything. Probably one of the better executive rooms I have stayed in.

Part of the reason why I chose this was because of the excellent location, short walk to the Forbidden City, local amenities and the subway.

The executive lounge was very spacious and endless amenities with the staff being super friendly.

We didn't try the SPA or the swimming pool as we did not have time.

We were there for four nights, however after our first night our room had a power loss due to someone fixing the wrong circuit board. For some reason we had problems with the shower as well.

The Executive Lounge Manager Mr Stone Du was most helpful and very apologetic and offered to upgrade us to a suite which was very kind of him.

Mr Stone Du was one of the most helpful staff I ever encountered at the Hilton.

There was an occasion where we tried to book a very popular hot pot restaurant without success. The locals told us that normally you need to book a couple of weeks in advanced.

However Mr Stone Du personally called up the Restaurant Manager and successfully made the booking for us. Afterwards we were told that the Restaurant Manager will personally greet us when we arrive and we will be assigned an English speaking Waiter. How’s that for service!!

I forgot to mention that we were on our Honeymoon and China was one of our many destinations. Mr Stone Du made our experience the most unforgettable.

Thank you Mr Stone Du.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chung H,
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel during your recent honeymoon. I apologize for the electrical malfunction in your room, but I am pleased to see you were happy with the way this was resolved. I have passed your gratitude to Stone Du, he sends his best regards. I look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit, where I hope you will have time to use the Spa and Pool facilities. Kind regards, Marc de Beer