“A great place to stay for pleasure and business”

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #26 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

During a business trip to Asia wie stayed for two nights at the Hilton Wangfujing. Already the Check-In was easy and the reception was warm. We immediately received our room, even it was quite early. I was very surprised by the size of the room, it was more the size of an apartment :-). We also went for a short lunch to the restaurant and there is nothing to add, besides very good. Breakfast buffet is very rich and it offers everything from American, Chinese and Japanese Style. Facilities are great, shopping mile and mall behind the hotel and the whole stay was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,568)

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I Have been more tha 18 times in Beijing in different 5 star hotels, and I want to say that this is the best. Rooms are very wide and warm, location is fantastic: Staff are extremely warm and helpfull, specially Olga at the reception. At the Vascos restaurant I had lunch they have a complete buffet chinese and western and waiters are so warm and professionals.

I will come back when visiting Beijing for business or holiday

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear RobertoChile,

I am thrilled that you have been able to experience our award winning hospitality during your recent trip to Beijing. I will certainly recognize Olga for having made a great impression. We look forward to your return in the near future. Best regards, Marc de Beer

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The stay started out perfectly: we arrived at 10 am, and the registration person said, "there is always a room available for Diamond members." Ah, if this were only true at every Hilton property.

Room well-appointed and service highly attentive for the first two days - it was almost as if they knew we were leaving the room so they could spiff up, bring in a flower or cookie platter, etc. Startlingly hard to get cabs from this hotel - we waited for 10 minutes on a cold Sunday night while the doorman frantically tried valiantly to flag down a cab for us - we ended up taking the subway instead.

Steps from the pedestrian mall on Wangfujing, easy walk to Gugong and Qianmen.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 1kMileageRunner,

Thank you for having chosen Hilton Beijing Wangfujing for your recent stay in Beijing and for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor. I was happy to learb our service impressed you. I regret the difficulty you experienced getting a taxi. The availability of taxis in Beijing remains a challenge, especially during rush hour or when the weather turns bad. I find that avoiding peak travelling times (8 - 9 AM and 5 - 7 PM) helps, although I realize this is not always an option. We continue to finetune our taxi driver loyalty program to encourage drivers to queu with us. I hope your experience on the Beijing subway was an enjoyable one. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back with us. Regards, Marc de Beer

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I’ve been @ Hilton Beijing Wangfujing several times and it never fail to impress.
It simply the best Hilton around and it’s outstanding.
Put it in this way, it’ s the best choice at given price in Beijing, full stop!
Lovely room, careful staff, nice restaurants, prompt and attentive service.

Room Tip: haven’t tried the spa, far too busy to enjoy what’s Beijing has to offer ;-)
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Love the hotel room. We had a luxury ensuite and its basically like a superb richie apartment and has almost the best of everything. From toilets to walk in wardrobes to business desk area. It's best in its class. That's why, if you have a few dollars to spare ... No 2nd thoughts!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I actually didn't stay due to plan change, but I did get a lot of help from the hotel right after my reservation. As a gold member, I was offered executive floor in advance and I also got extra breakfast vouchers since I mentioned it will be my parents' special ceremony. Some other requests were replied promptly by email. I will definitely stay here in the future, and I believe it will be a wonderful experience as others described here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel is very nice, concierge is excellent. They will print you out maps in Chinese (I recommend this) for a taxi as well as lend you an umbrella for the day, answer general questions, put you in a cab & make sure the driver knows where you are going. You can also book tours through the hotel at the concierge if you have a day off.
-This hotel is in a very modern/western area of the city (by a big mall w a Starbucks, Gap, etc.), BUT on the plus side, also only a 15/20 min walk from The Forbidden City/Tiananmen Sq & the pedestrian mall attached to the mall is quite nice.
-I did book a GrayLine tour to The Great Wall through the hotel. There was a blizzard, but the tour guide still got us to a different section of The Wall. Since this was the only day I could go, I was grateful to see any section! But beware, as with all tour groups, you are taken to a tea shop & jade shop to try to get you to buy things. You cannot get out of this, but they are not too pushy, so it is okay.
-I also suggest you arrange for a car to the hotel. It seems extravagant, but most taxi drivers in China where I was, speak NO English.
-AND, it is quite cold in early November. Bring a winter coat, hat, scarves, gloves!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AlysonMarian
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear AlysonMarian,

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay at our property. You highlight a few very useful tips, notably to always have adresses printed in Chinese for taxi drivers. The Gray Line bus tours that can be booked through the hotel do include visits to tea and jade shops / museums, whereas the private Gray Line tours do not. Yes, winter arrives from early November, although the blizzard was quite unexpected! I thank you for sharing your tips and experience and look forward to the opportunity of being of service sometime in the future. Best regards, Marc de Beer