WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #24 of 6,158 Hotels in Beijing
Perth, Australia
“Hilton Beijing Wangfujing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Here on Government and other business, got a deluxe room, best i have seen in China, well laid out with plenty of space, has a large store room and walk in robe, definitely recommend. Good location as well but concierge average

Room Tip: Try the deluxe room with old fashioned bath
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Robert W,

Thank you for your brief review of our hotel. I am glad you liked the facilities but would like to learn more about your average rating of our Concierge services. While we're blessed with great facilities, we like to think that it is our service that makes the difference between good and great, and if that was not the case during your stay I'd like to know about it. Thanks again and looking forward to hearing from you and/or welcoming you back. Best regards, Marc de Beer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed at this exceptional hotel as part of a "private" tour of China for six people. The check in experience was one of the best with the staff escorting us to our suites. The rooms were huge with lavish furnishings.
The breakfast buffet was fantastic with fresh ingredients and huge selections. The bathroom was well designed with exclusive toiletries.
Now let us talk about the location.....right next door to Wangfujing with shops, restaurants, market stalls...you can eat as cheap or as expensive as you wish...you shop in upmarket shops or simply pick a bargain from the market stalls.
I wish I could stay longer in this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Just stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear ewsuccess,

I was delighted to read your review of your recent stay with us. We share your feelings and would have liked you to stay longer! Of course, you could always come back, or send friends, colleagues and relatives our way. You know we'll look after them well! All the best, Marc de Beer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I was there last week for a night on biz. I was upgraded to a suite since I'm a diamond member. The room is huge and have everything that you need, including a burner for aromatherapy oil which helped me to sleep well. We spoke to the guest relations officer Miss Olga at the lobby before we left and she was very friendly and helpful.overall this Hilton never let me down ever since I patronised them in 2009.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Moomeow,

Thank you for your loyalty to our property since 2009. I am pleased to know we continue to live up to your expectations. This is always our aim and we do it with sincere joy. Thank you for sharing and looking forward to your next visit. Marc de Beer
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just a great Hilton experience in an awesome location in Beijing. I cannot list one negative from my time here. The executive lounge was perfect with an incredible selection of options. The rooms were beautifully designed with the typical awesome beds and showers and the staff was as good as I have experienced at the best of the best hiltons. If you like Hilton hotels, you will not be disappointed with this beautiful, well managed hotel in a perfect Beijing location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel at the end of an 18 tour of China. On arrival, the room I had booked was not available, so I was upgraded to a suite for the 2 nights. The staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. The room was gorgeous, the bathtub had a view of the Forbidden Palace. The location is great, within walking distance to great shopping and night market. The restaurant, Chynna does great food with lovely friendly service, has some really nice wines by the glass. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SissyH16
USA & UK Mainly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a high quality hotel in a great location for downtown Beijing.
Very close to Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City, 10 mins walk..

The main restaurant is Vascos and it is very good. The Buffet is always fresh and appetising with a big selection.

The swimming pool is nice and pretty quiet when I used it.

The Executive Lounge on the 16th floor is OK but not much more. The staff are great - friendly, helpful and willing to do whatever is necessary, immediately. The selection of food for the Afternoon tea is very poor. The drinks and service during the Happy Hour is good but the food choices are poor, all when compared to the Hilton at the Beijing Airport and downtown Shanghai Hilton.

I couldn't ever get the room temperature comfortable for the bed. The quilt is too thick so unless the room is freezing I was much too hot in bed. Then in the morning it took a good while to warm up the room so I could work comfortably. Not a huge problem but it has happened in every room I have stayed in at this Hotel and it is a 5 Star Hotel with price to suit.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. All seem to have problems with air conditioning going off at night and the room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank QuienSabe1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel was a major disappointment. I am surprised at all the good reviews it has gotten but I guess to each his own. I found this hotel dark from the moment I entered the lobby. You feel like your eyes are half closed, there is mood lighting and then there is darkness. I was told the rooms were spacious and I guess you could say that but the partitioning of the rooms and the clutter of furniture makes it feel less so. The rooms were dark as well I could barely see what colour clothes I was putting on. I stayed there for one night only and checked out the next morning. This is a four star hotel at best. There were no views to since all I could see was a small building band in front of me and nothing else. Also the banging of the other guests' doors kept me up all night and so did the noise of the car horns on the streets since there is no double glazing on the windows. All in all I do not recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Beijing since there are many beautiful hotels at the same price range that offer more than a cold and dark room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ash T,

Thank you for having tried the Hilton Beijing Wangfujing during your recent visit to Beijing. I am sorry your stay did not live up to your expectation. Interior design is certainly very personal and I am disappointed you decided not to experience our services because of it. I am disturbed that neighbouring rooms and outside noise interfered with your rest. This is quite unusual. All our windowns have double glazing, I wonder if they perhaps weren't closed properly. All in all, I regret the poor impression we left you with, but do hope you were able to enjoy the wonderfully exciting city of Beijing. Kind regards, Marc de Beer