“A fabulous hotel at a great location”

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #26 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
NYC
“A fabulous hotel at a great location”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

From the moment we were picked up at the airport we felt like VIPS.We told them it was our Wedding Anniversary and was given a fantastic suite.Since we are Diamond Members we used the executive lounge and it was great.The staff could not be nicer and could not do enough for us.If you go to Beijing this is the hotel to stay.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Meatman102

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is well situated in a nice area. The rooms are spacious and well laid out. Shopping mall is right down the same block, where you can find necessities. Service in this hotel is top notch. Breakfast for Gold and diamond members interesting combination of east/west choices. Overall, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
roma
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hotel is a central location, not far from Tienanmen square. The room is definitively nice, but to find the switch for the lights it has been a nightmare....the front desk has been not so friendly, and also the concierge. The restaurant with waitresses speaking just Chinese, and the waiter finally speaking English told me that a long waiting to be served was expected...(sic). At 10 pm everything was closed, no music, no bar, nothing.....there are for sure best facilities in Beijing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank musicmanRoma
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear musicmanRoma,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing recently and for sharing your experience here. I was disappointed to learn you did not experience the level of service we are known for. I am unaware of light switches placed in awkward positions. Perhaps you could let me know the specific room you stayed in for me to review?
While our restaurants do close at 10 PM, our Flames Bar is open until 1 AM and offers a food menu too. I am at a loss as to why you did not receive this information. I apologize for leaving you with such a poor impression. I hope you will allow us on your next visit to Beijing to properly show you our facilities, including the location of the light switches. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
Frankfurt
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed two nights in this excellent hotel and I must admit that I would possibly book again provided the rates would be somewhere around RMB 1600-2000/night. The rooms are big and nicely renovated.

Only a Sauna is missing which is actually not understandable considering the size and the class of the hotel. They even have a nice swimming pool but nobody is using it as the water is a bit cold.

I have stayed in many 5 star properties in Beijing but would possibly go into this hotel again because of the good service, nice room and especially the perfect location. Forbidden city is in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank logman1000
Dear logman1000,

Thank you for having chosen our property for your recent visit to Beijing. I was pleased to read you would choose us again for a future visit. We have reviewed the temperature of the swimming pool and are ensuring it is kept at a comfortable 29 degrees Celsius.
Best regards, Marc de Beer
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Hilton Beijing Wangfujing is a great hotel which does not dissappoint. From the moment of arrival until departure, the hotel staff made us feel welcome and were very helpful. We were upgraded to the lifestyle suite with a view of the shopping district. Within walking distance from the hotel, there is plenty of shopping, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, restaurants and easy access to the transport system. The concierge was very helpful in assisting us with booking tours and finding various places around the city. The Executive Lounge was one of the best I have seen in all the Hilton hotels I have stayed in over time. I definitely recommend this hotel if you plan to visit Beijing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jay380
Emory, TX
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times, it is the best, From the desk clerks, to the Executive Lounge to Elvis at Concierge Desk to Jason and Rick at the Restaurant gives all their service with a smile and made my stay very welcome every time. I will return to this hotel again and again in a heart's beat.

Room Tip: This hotel is located in the center of all attractions, it is a couple of blocks from the Forbidden...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 30, 2012

As with most hotels in China, I was disappointed overall. The basic rooms are not ones I would stay in. The hotel does seem to treat Diamonds well upgrading us to Lifestyle suite although I would ask for a better upgrade if I stayed there again as the room layout is very strange although a very nice room. The disappointment started at arrival when there was no one out front to greet us or deal with our luggage and the front desk seemed very unconcerned with no one being out front when I brought it to their attention. Fortunantly, I skipped the front desk and went to the lounge for check in where the staff seemed far superior. Certainly, management in the lounge were excellent. Some staff, even in the lounge, spoke very little English and frustrated many guests trying to obtain assistance on a number things only to have to wait for a manager to be available to help. The food offerings were excellent by U.S. standards, but very poor compared with other Asian hotel lounges. Also, the lounge closes at 9 and only offers drinks from 6-8 or some very limited period like that. There is also no steam room or pool at the hotel. although this is rated #1 on tripadvisor for some reason, I would only choose it if it is less than the various 5 star hotels in the area that are better. I say that as when I stayed the Hilton was pricey and seemed to at the level of top 5 star hotels, except the Ritz which was still twice the price. As the hotel touts, you can walk to Forbidden City and you right next to the pedestrian zone which has its own small market and night food stalls, which are worth a look to see grilled scorpians, starfish and all sorts of insects on a stick.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hotlanta2
Dear hotlanta2,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Hilton Beijing Wangfujing. I apologize that no one was available out front to assist with your bags. I have addressed this with the concerned department.
Thank you for your compliments on the lounge, however, we do serve drinks all day long, from 6 AM until 11 PM, with a cocktail hour food buffet added from 6 - 8 PM.
The Lifestyle Suite you occupied are one of our more popular room types because of the large windows and long bathroom that stretched the entire length of the room, behind the bed. It is certainly not your usual hotelroom lay-out. I regret it was not to your liking.
While we indeed do not have a steam room, I am surprised you missed our swimming pool on the 6th floor. It is located behind the Spa and Fitness room. I hope you will allow us an opportunity to show it to you on a next visit. Kind regards, Marc de Beer