“Excellent”

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #24 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The reviews are right, this is an outstanding hotel. From check-in, to the room, to the breakfast until you check-out almost everything is perfect. The rooms on the executive floor are huge, modern and serve every need of a pleasure and business traveler. The breakfast buffet was outstanding with lots of western and Asian choices. The only thing I found odd was the strict executive lounge policy. I was traveling together with a colleague from work, who had a room on a regular floor and I have never experienced an issue taking 1 guest with me into the executive lounge. In this hotel I experienced for the first time that they refused entry and/or demanded additional payment. I understand all the lounge overcrowding issues and you can't bring your extended family, but bringing 1 guest? If my wife would have stayed with me in the room she would have surely gotten access. Anyway, I don't want to belabor this, it was just very odd.
The executive lounge itself was very nice, but I actually prefer self-service over the continuous 'we'll serve you'. When it takes me 2 minutes to explain how I want my coffee it is simply easier to hot the button myself (for which I got weird looks from the staff). Due to business dinners I have only been at the lounge once during evening hours and they appeared to have a nice spread of little food items, cheese and wine/beer.
The location of the hotel is right in downtown Beijing and there is no question this is one of the premier hotels in town. This hotel caters to western and Asian travelers and I can certainly recommend it without any hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cfischer

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed 10 nights for a business trip. Not where I usually stay in Beijing, but thought I'd give it a try. The lobby and rooms are very nicely designed. The open-plan rooms are large and airy with a nice feel and plenty of hangers and storage space in the walk in closet. The bathrooms are also good and the shower was amazing!

For me a location close to my office is most important, but it's also a brilliant location for exploring Beijing and close to good restaurants and bars.

Food in the hotel was just OK and the restaurants and bars being on the 6th floor next to the conference rooms made them seem a bit remote. There is a lobby area which is nice and does drinks and snacks. I stayed in an executive room and used the executive lounge. Don't think this was a good choice as the catering in there is very limited. Breakfast was only good if you got there relatively early. Not great if you're late up... stale pastries and not much to choose from. Staff in the lounge were very friendly though.

The pool is nice and was always empty and the gym is fine. No sauna, steam, jacuzzi in the spa which is a shame for a hotel like this.

One annoying thing was the ridiculously slow internet in the rooms (both wireless and wired) which really got frustrating. I've never experienced this in Beijing before and they should sort it out.

Apart from the internet, the hotel is as you expect for a international chain hotel like this with some nice design features and friendly staff. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan_ES1
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel and enjoyed it very much. It was a wonderful retreat from the Beijing Crowds. We were upgraded to a suite upon check in, which was beautiful. The hotel is decorated in a very swanky modern style. Our room was beautiful. Service and staff were excellent. The location was perfect. 2 min walk thru Mall next door to Wangfuging Road, which is full of stores and restaurants. About 15 to 20 min walk to The Forbidden City. Also minutes to subway system.I would highly recommend staying here if you visit Beijing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sylvi97
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The Hilton Wangfujing is located in a good spot close to the main shopping area of Beijing with many of the tourist sites within easy reach either on foot (once you have your orientation!) or by the two subway stations about 5 minutes walk away on different lines. We stayed in an Executive Room on a higher floor. It was an impressively large and luxurious room - huge bed!, and almost like a mini suite. The room and bathroom areas are quite open plan but can be customised with movable partitions. The rooms were very clean with attentive houskeeping staff.

The top floor executive lounge is a perk worth having for the free drinks and snacks/cakes throughout the day in a relaxed atmosphere (and alcoholic drinks during the happy hour of 6-8.30pm). This area was never that busy and had plenty of attentive staff. Breakfast in the Executive Lounge was quiet and had a good selection of what the main breakfast area had to offer, although the main area had a really vast range of foods on offer. The pool area was also very quiet and a good size.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thub
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The service in the hotel is very attentive, it seems nothing was a problem for the staff, except when it comes to getting you a taxi. (expect a long wait)
Ideal location, close to restaurants, shops and two food markets. It is about 15 minutes walk to Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City. I stayed at the Hilton Beijing Wangfujing twice in June and July and was quite happy with it. Chynna, the hotel’s Chinese restaurant, serves very good Chinese food. ... highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights in August. I'm a Hilton Diamond and this was one of the best hotel stays of my life. The other reviews have covered it well. If you want an amazing experience (and a real value), stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DanHouk
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Got an upgrade when I arrived given my HH Platinum status...got good service during check-in...room was very good too...clean, comfortable and well set up. The gym was pretty good too...even had a concept 2 rower which was a nice surprise. I had a meeting to call into that evening so ended up ordering room service instead of going out to eat as I might have done otherwise. Tandoori chicken with basmati rice was a menu item so I ordered that. What I got was nothing close to a Tandoori. It wasn't even a grilled chicken and they passed jasmine rice for basmati rice! If you don't know how to make Tandoori, I ask you change the menu! and not deceive your guests. When I brought this to the attention of the room service personnel, she pretended she didn't understand what I was talking about. I simply gave up too tired. I mentioned it again upon checkout and the guy says, I'll let the chef know and hopefully next time you come here, we'll know how to make this dish properly. Hmmm...

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business