I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express Temple of Heaven for two nights before I joined my tour group. I chose this hotel as the price was very reasonable (US$60/night), and I wanted to be close to the Temple of Heaven as this tourist attraction was not on our tour itinerary. Firstly, the hotel is very close to the standard that one might expect of a Holiday Inn Express in the West. This is important as Chinese beds tend to be extremely hard, and their bathrooms a bit grungy. I stayed in about 7 different hotels in China (mainly 3 and 4-star) and this was the nicest. Bonuses included free and decent buffet (hot and cold) breakfast and free wireless Internet. The staff at reception are very friendly and helpful, although there are some language barriers still. There are a number of small restaurants leading from the subway station to the hotel, and many cater to locals, so you may need to be careful with your choices.
The main drawback (for me anyway) for the hotel is its proximity to the subway station. I caught the subway, and tried to follow their instructions (but since I did not know east from west, and it was dark), it is not evident which way to go. I flagged down 4 taxi before one of then knew where the hotel was. In the daytime, and once you get your bearings, it is easier to find, but still a good 10-15 minute walk from the subway station.
You get a lot of hotel for your money and it was much better than the hotelI wound up staying at with our tour group but the location would make me think twice about going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome to Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple of Heaven. The hotel is strategically located in Beijing historic downtown, in the neighborhood of the Temple of Heaven Park and 10 minutes drive to the Tiannenmen Square, Forbidden City, National Grand Theater,WangfuJing Pedestrian and Qianmen Ancient Shopping Street. The hotel features 316 well appointed guest rooms functionally equipped with a 32 inch LCD television set, satellite and 35 cable channels including CNN, HBO, Phoenix and in-room safe.Guests are entitled free to wireless high-speed internet connection in-room or at any public area within the hotel and complimentary use of computers in the business center. More so, free breakfast is included. Other hotel facilities include a meeting room, unique concept Great Room F&B outlet, self-service laundry and ticketing vending machine. Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple of Heaven is a wise choice for business and leisure travelers alike who desire a new level of comfort at prices that make them smile from ear to ear.Hotel Address and Direction:--No.36 Nanwei Road, Xuanwu District, 100050 Beijing, P.R.C--Located at the Nanwei Road, on the opposite site of Tiantan Park West gate and 700m s drive West from the Tianqiao Department Store.From Beijng Capital Airport to HotelTake the airport transfer bus to Xi Dan or Fang Zhuang stop and get a cab to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple Of Heaven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple Of Heaven Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn Express