We checked in to the hotel as arranged by the travel agent. The hotel does live up to its internationally known brand name - Holiday Inn. Express denotes a lower scale accommodation. However, we did not feel any significant difference with the standard Holiday Inn.
The hotel is located near Temple of Heaven but it is quite inconvenient unless you are willing to take taxis to your destinations. The nearest subway - Taoranting Station is about 20 minutes away on foot. If you do reach the station, then you can reach many destinations in Beijing by cheap rail. Unlike many previous comments by others on the difficulty to get taxis to and from the hotel, I found it very easy to get one. Just stand by the main Nanwei Road side and wave to taxis passing by (Plenty of them). If they are empty, they will stop by. Tell him the destination and confirm that he is willing to use meter. Then get in and you are on your way to your destinations. My trip from Beijing airport to the hotel costed around RMB130 due to heavy traffic upon arrival. Trip to Happy Valley costed RMB38. You can also get the cab to send you to Taoranting station for RM10 (Minimum charge as you get on the cab).
There are set lunch and dinner available at the first floor restaurant costing RMB35 each with rice, meat, soup and fruits. Breakfast is very simple with western and oriental choice. There are some free internet terminals available at the restaurant for guests. However, guests enjoy free internet in the room via wifi or wired broadband. That's a plus point for the hotel apart from its cleanliness and very helpful and cheerful staff. However, they do not help to call for taxis.
There is a convenient store next to the hotel and you can get almost everything basic there except fresh fruits. There are ample food shops near the hotel. No worries about food!
There is a slot-machine laundry on level 3 for the guests.
Overall, it is a good choice if you do not mind about location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome to Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple of Heaven. The hotel is strategically located in Beijing historic downtown, in the neighborhood of the Temple of Heaven Park and 10 minutes drive to the Tiannenmen Square, Forbidden City, National Grand Theater,WangfuJing Pedestrian and Qianmen Ancient Shopping Street. The hotel features 316 well appointed guest rooms functionally equipped with a 32 inch LCD television set, satellite and 35 cable channels including CNN, HBO, Phoenix and in-room safe.Guests are entitled free to wireless high-speed internet connection in-room or at any public area within the hotel and complimentary use of computers in the business center. More so, free breakfast is included. Other hotel facilities include a meeting room, unique concept Great Room F&B outlet, self-service laundry and ticketing vending machine. Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple of Heaven is a wise choice for business and leisure travelers alike who desire a new level of comfort at prices that make them smile from ear to ear.Hotel Address and Direction:--No.36 Nanwei Road, Xuanwu District, 100050 Beijing, P.R.C--Located at the Nanwei Road, on the opposite site of Tiantan Park West gate and 700m s drive West from the Tianqiao Department Store.From Beijng Capital Airport to HotelTake the airport transfer bus to Xi Dan or Fang Zhuang stop and get a cab to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple Of Heaven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Beijing Temple Of Heaven Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn Express