“Good hotel for business travellers”

Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun
Ranked #99 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed for a week. Well appointed hotel and spacious. Good service. Close to metro and good restaurants - both western and Chinese. Breakfast was very good.
Front desk was helpful and the support staff were equally good. With the formal décor style, hotel felt a little dark and old styled, but nothing to complain about.
The one negative: In Room dining food was not as good. For some reason the breakfast was good but cant say the same for in room dining.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
zhongguancun, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your kind feedback and thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun. We are delighted to learn that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us, and be ensured we continuously strive to improve our services and quality.

As for in room dining, feedback like yours is very valuable to us and enables us to monitor our standards, which on this occasion regretfully has failed to meet your expectations. We would like to respond to you personally, could you please send us your email address to info@cp-zhongguancun.com, together with details, which would be highly appreciated?

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Thank you.

Damir Raab

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The staff was extremely friendly and the room was very spacious and quiet. Hard to believe at first that the bountiful breakfast buffet was complimentary but I quickly grew to look forward to it every morning and was greeted with welcoming smiles. It's the perfect proximity to the Microsoft BJW offices so I enjoyed walking to and from the office every day. I loved everything about this hotel (except that the towels were never exchanged) and am recommending it to all of my colleagues traveling to work with our Bing Ads China team in Beijing. Truly appreciated the friendly staff, service and classiness.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
zhongguancun, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Cherished Guest,

A sincere thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun as your preferred accommodation in Beijing. We very much appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We are extremely thrilled to learn that our team was able to meet your expectations during your stay with us. On your note regarding towel exchange, kindly be advised our environment protection policy & sign on the amenity counter advises guests to place towels into our bath tap or vanity counter, if towels are requested to be exchanged. Otherwise our Room Attendant will replace them only every three days.

Thank you once again, your valuable comment certainly contributes to our goal in creating a home away from home. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,
Damir Raab

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The service from the staff is excellent. The general ambiance of the hotel is nice. The food quality, I would say in this price range is poor. However the cleanliness of the bathroom and toilet etc leaves a lot to be desired. The need to learn how to use a mop and bucket. The water quality in this hotel is not what you expect in this price range. You can only use bottled or filtered water - so be careful even when brushing your teeth.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank denevans
zhongguancun, Resident Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Denevans,

Thank you for your recent stay and sharing a review about Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun.

We are building our hotel’s reputation by paying attention to the needs of our guests and we always value our guests’ comments and feedback. We are indeed concerned about our falling short of the expectations of our guests, we are truly sorry for that. Your valuable feedback was already shared with hotel management, who has already taken actions to investigate and resolve what is necessary. W e have launched a Food & Beverage promotion named “Your age is your discount”. Detailed info, you could approach our Valley Café.

We are striving to provide excellent experience for our guests, as it is crucial to aim at a “Great Hotel Guests Love”. I can assure you that your valuable opinion has been shared among our team, and I apologized for what has happened.

We would deeply appreciate a chance to connect with to restore your confidence in our hotel. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The only reason for staying at this Hotel is if you are on a business trip, and have dealings with the Universities or MNC Offices located in the vicinity. Given Beijing's vast spread, and congested roads; this is a most inconvenient place to stay in. There are shopping malls and cinemas nearby, but they are at least 15 minutes walk away without proper pedestrian walkways.
The rooms are well appointed, and the bathrooms spacious. Housekeeping was below par, as for example the ironing board was not stowed away after my use.The lobby is cold, and its lounge compares poorly to other international chain hos. The food in the ADD was below average, and quality of waitering staff not the best.
Not Recommended

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sodeas,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review regarding Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun. Although we sincerely appreciate your kind praises about the rooms, bathrooms, we felt sorry to know lobby lounge and housekeeping fell short of your expectation. Your feedback has been shared with hotel management, surly coming with following actions. I am sorry for the inconveniences you have experienced. I hope we may be able to present the choices to you on a future occasion and redeem our reputation. Look forward to your revisit and witness our efforts.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have traveled to Beijing for the last 10 years. In the Haidian District I have tried JingYi and Jade Palace. They are okay Chinese style hotels, but I would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza. Upon my last stay I had a small issue with my room as the safe wasn't working correctly. Ann Xu and her team worked quickly to fix the issue but the safe would not cooperate. Ann moved me to another room just a few doors down, got all my things moved and assured the temperature and accommodations of the room were acceptable. She took a genuine personal interest to assure I was satisfied and comfortable. Ann and her team sets the benchmark for quality service.

Room Tip: I have stayed on all sides, higher room better, but overall pretty quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jmac-sanjose,

I am delightful to see your highly recommendation of Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun! It is truly an asset for us that you contribute your sharing once you met problems within my hotel. It is not only a rare opportunity for us to redeem the reputation, but also a great chance to accumulating experiences on problem resolution. Fortunately, I believe we briefly met your satisfaction.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice during my trip, and if I hadn't pre-booked I wouldnt have stayed the second time.

The check in is like a mechanized process, do not ask a question outside of the ordinary because you cant get a satisfactory answer, I have stayed in many Crown Plaza hotels throughout Asia over the years, this one I will not return back to even if it is free, the service is so poor and there is no words to describe it, it is also very clear that training is lacking because the personnel in the restaurant as well as the lounge are not service minded at all.

In addition I had problem with my email I could only receive but not send, I asked reception and the answer was you only paid for 1 hour not an acceptable answer.

Dinner was another dissatisfaction and overpriced, tasteless low quality and another ignorance of the restuarant staff almost non existing service, if it hadnt been for the cashier they could put a padlook on the door as far as I'm concerned, I didn't try the breakfast because I had already to many disappointments.

If I compare this hotel to Crown Paza Wangfujing it is like night and day, I can happily recommend Wangfujing, because this hotel is not a 5 star more likely 3-4 star.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear GaryEAsia,

Warm greeting from Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun!

First and foremost, I would like to thank you as your online posting. We aim at building a “Greatest Hotel Guest Love”. It seems on this occasion we failed.

Hence, I was extremely disappointed to learn about the challenges you experienced within your stay. I have addressed all the points in your review with our hotel management team in order to prevent similar events from reoccurrence.

Once again, thank you very much for staying with us and your report; we truly hope being able to welcome you back to witness the efforts.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I ran into the hotel manager on duty Ann Xu in the elevator. When she asked me how I like my stay, I mentioned that the room looks crowded. She immediately took action, and gave me some options and advices to choose. Her attitude makes me feel at home.
This is exceptional service quality. Thank Ann Xu!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear WayneXiao,

On behalf of the entire team at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, we would like to express our sincere appreciation for you staying with us.

It is always a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks such as yours. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us, as well as felt at home.

We will certainly share your compliments with all our colleagues especially with Ann, who you mentioned contributed tremendously to the enjoyment of your stay. And, we are convinced that accolades such as yours will entice us to further service improvement.