“Good Hotel”

Ranked #95 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Big size rooms with out side view, Large size bathroom, Nice indoor pool and nureshing breakfast. Near to various offices, Good malls and resturants. last time conditioning was not functioning but this time it was good. Very near to get Metro train connection which can help to avoid city trafic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
zhongguancun, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for selecting Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun for your most recent stay. We are very honored to learn you are one of our loyalty guests. We try to offer more than just great accommodations and guest experiences; we reward our guests for their loyalty. Earn Priority Club Rewards points during your stay, feel free to redeem them for gifts, free nights or air miles. Please follow us at our websites. Again thank you for your kind comments.

Yours sincerely,

Damir Raab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed four nights in a club room on the top floor on business. Room was very large, a bit dark, comfortable bed, strange sofa/table/desk arrangement. Hallways are bare and carpet a bit bumpy. Exec club is very nicely furnished, but happy hour offerings are minimal. Had breakfast in main dining room, so didn't experience breakfast in the club lounge. One nice touch: room service is included in breakfast options.

Main restaurant is big and dark with a good selection, but not quite great. Service is sometimes slow and sometimes attentive. Lunch was very slow and extremely slow getting the bill. But, in general, the dining room experience was adequate.

Doormen were attentive and smiling, but when we asked for a Western restaurant nearby, the concierge spent a great deal of time searching, printing out a map, and then...finally...got the name of the restaurant translated into English....."Subway"!

The staff and the facility are fine, but they don't have that level of attention to detail that mark true five-star establishments.

Perfectly adequate for a business stay as long as you aren't expecting the Four Seasons.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
zhongguancun, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience on this platform. We are truly sorry for not being able to meet your expectations and the shortcomings in our services. All your captioned issues have been reviewed with my management team, and be ensured we are in the process to rectify them accordingly. For detailed information or future support, please feel free to contact me via Damir.Raab@ihg.com. Sincerely hope we will be able to redeem our reputation with your continuous support.

Happy traveling and kindest regards,

Paris
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very comfortable hotel offering large rooms and bath rooms. Excellent service. Wide range of food at breakfast, from Continental to Chinese. Business rooms are also OK.
Close to Universities and some shopping centers. Correct distance from Forgiven City and Tien an Men.
Next to a metro station.
Not in the center.
1hs30 from airport.

Room Tip: Whatever the room, there is no specific view.
1 Thank PSJJC
zhongguancun, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun! I’m glad to hear your cheerful experience. Presently, Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun is the only international five star hotel within Zhongguancun area. Each of our guest rooms are tailored to exceed your expectations in comfort, as well as meeting your business and leisure needs. Rooms’ size starts form 45sqm, equipped with 37-inch LCD television. Especially the separate bath with 10-inch “Rain Forest” shower, benefits your relaxation. We have taken note on distance and traveling time from / to Tiananmen and Airport, this nowadays all depends on travel time and traffic situation in the city, but is certainly achievable outside rush hours. Please contact concierge for your next visit to recommend you insider tips, which will certainly be very useful to get around bustling Beijing.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 12, 2013

On the pro side a great room, great breakfast and a fantastic indoor pool at the right price.
On the con side there is the air condioning that it only works partially if not at all. In Beijing that is a problem in the summer.

1 Thank Giovannide
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun and taking your time on reviewing. Hotel aims at offering luxury guest rooms, first-class dining venues and a full-range of meetings and events services, ensuring your business obtains total success. Air conditioning is now running 24 hours a day, as the hot summer season has started. We have 4 AC chillers, and are presently operating 2producing temperatures below 20 degrees. (Though the gov’t strongly recommends keeping Public Area temperatures within 26 degrees, we are more concerned about the comfort of our cherished guests). . Look forward to your next visit in the not too distant future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here before and my last review said fantastic.

The service this time was terrible, on my first night I arrived late and ordered room service, it took a while to arrive and it was also cold. Another night I asked for a glass of wine to be sent to the room, that never arrived at all. The cost of the hotel was a lot more than I paid last time and also different from what was quoted to me on the website. The told me the quote was old and didn't count. The charged me 180RMB (about £18) for Breakfast and 120RMB (£12) for internet. I thought the internet cost was very high, especially seeing how it was so slow.

The location for me was good, but I will definitely be staying somewhere else next time I am back there for business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

I am truly sorry for your recent negative experience, while staying with us. We continuously endeavor to offer our guests the best of service, which we obviously did not manage this time. I have discussed this unacceptable matter with my F&B management team and necessary rectifying actions have been taken immediately. Meanwhile, if you wish to contact me directly for further communicates on all relevant details, please feel free to reach me at Damir.Raab@ihg.com. We do offer special breakfast and internet packages, and as Platinum PCR member, you will be able to enjoy all this for free. Once again, my sincere apologies and do hope you will honor us with your visit again, so we may redeem our reputation.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel was opened in 2008 and is located at the Haidian Huang Zhuang Mtr station (5 min walk from station to hotel). The hotel is on a side street and not the Main street of Zhungguanchun (which is on Exit A1). Everything closes by 10 pm at night here and taxi is difficult to find.

The room I had was on the 15/F, faces the front of the hotel and is quite well maintained even after 5 years. Deco is tasteful and the furniture uses mahogany wood. Room is of a decent size with a large wardrobe (6-8 feet long - very rare for a hotel). I was quite pleased with the room when I checked in as they even provide a clothes rack in the room.

Unfortunately, I found that there was no Air Con in the room (only fan) when I came back to the hotel late at night around 10 pm. On investigation, the central Air Con has not been set up because the owner (Sino Steel) or the local government or whoever doesn't allow Air Con to be provided during this time of the season when spring is going into summer and the weather is unstable (i.e. a few cold days and a few hot days). Staff is very friendly and tries very hard to be helpful to alleviate the heat in the room, especially Andrew at Concierge who got me a cool air machine in which they put ice to get some cooling air out. Unfortunately, water was dripping onto the carpet from this machine, and I hate to have the air blowing into my head at night and the noise of a machine close to my ears. Andrew did his best to make me feel comfortable and even suggest opening the window. However, open window will mean noise from the street and I don't want to be waken up by traffic from the road early in the morning. So opening the window is not an option. When exploring to change room to the other side of the building, I was told that the other side faces west and is much hotter than my room.

Anyway, I decided to check out that night and went to another Crowne Plaza Beijing Sun Plaza which had Air Con. I have never imagined that a hotel doesn't provide Air Con and I told the Duty Manager and Andrew that this is not something a guest has to worry about. I have to give compliments to Andrew who helped me with the packing and to call a taxi, and even to save my scarf which I left in the room and return to me the next day.

I have noticed that the taxis and quite a few restaurants (especially small shops) have no Air Con in Beijing, and so I don't blame the hotel or its staff for this issue. If not for the lack of Air Con, I would have given this hotel an excellent rating given the well-maintained room (better than Crowne Plaza Beijing Sun Plaza) and helpful staff.

I will come back to stay if I have business in Zhongguanchun but will definitely ask if they have Air Con or Heating in the room first. I believe whenever there is this weather change from cold to hot or hot to cold, the Air Con or Heating provision will be an issue.

Lastly, I would suggest the hotel to alert the customer upfront of the NO Air Con or no Heating situation when guests are making booking. This will saves all of us a lot of trouble.

Room Tip: If there is no issue with Air Con or Heating provision, ask for a room facing the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on this platform and thank you for staying with us this time. I do believe, we have communicated via e-mail in regards to your recent experience with Air Conditioning, and be ensured this has been settled as of 3rd of May. Hotel is cool and systems are running smooth. Please feel free to reach me via my office phone or e-mail for your next booking, and do look forward to meeting you in person next time when your travel plans bring you to Beijing.

Milton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

As mentioned by other reviewers, the staff are outstanding at this hotel. They all greet you, get to know you and go out of their way for you.
The Chinese food is quite good, but all western dishes (including breakfast) is poor and expensive. I ordered a cheese and cracker tray in the lounge, no crackers or bread. I ordered a pizza room service, and it was doughy. I got to breakfast after 9am and as previously mentioned, there wasn't much food left.
Soft beds, which can be hard to come by in China, quiet, large rooms.
I was disappointed that there is smoking allowed by the elevators.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
zhongguancun, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun. We are more than happy to learn your compliments towards our staff and service, which will certainly serve as a motivator for other colleagues. However, your feedback related to breakfast and poor western food has been noted, and is presently being addressed. We continuously strive to improve our service and product quality, but unfortunately things get out of control occasionally. Look forward to welcoming you back to witness our improved efforts.