“fantastic”

Ranked #92 of 6,449 Hotels in Beijing
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Was a very nice hotel, the room was very comfortable and the food was amazing. The staff spoke good English and were very helpful.

I had a lovely big bath in the room and could relax there after a hard day at work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
zhongguancun, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun during your recent stay. Very glad to learn, that all went well and truly appreciate your kind feedback. Our large sized day-light bathrooms and bathtubs are quite popular, and offer exactly your described benefits: Relax after a hard day at work.

Thank you again, and hope to welcome you to Beijing soon again.

Best wishes,
Damir Raab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
nh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I have been staying here since Friday and will stay til Saturday. I really want to compliment the hotel on their customer service. Everyone here is very friendly from greeting you to asking if they may help you. This is our first visit to Bejing and we did not know the language. They were very helpful talking to one of my husbands colleaugues to getting me a taxi to my destination.
The hotel is very clean and room service met all our needs. We previously stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Shanghi where smoking was allowed in the entrance area and lounge. This Crowne Plaza does not allow smoking in th lobby area and we were very thankful. Smoking is allowed outside of the hotel, where a picnic style table is set up.
The breakfast in the dining area is superb. There is something for everyone to enjoy. The staff is very attentive and friendly.
I also used the fitness room everyday for an hour and was quite satisfied with the equipment.
I did want to mention all the staff we encountered spoke English which was very helpful. the lounge is a beautiful and tranquil place to sit and get caught up with your mail etc.
I definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on-line. We truly appreciate your kind comments on the facilities, services and little touches, which can make all the difference to our cherished guests. I am pleased that our alternative smoking area was noticeable, as we are aiming to become more environmental friendlier and reduce/ stop smoking in guest rooms and public areas. We truly appreciate your time and efforts in communicating with us on what worked and potential areas for improvements.

Hope to be able to welcome you back very soon again.

Kindest regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for the first time for business. It's close to the office I go (a short ride of taxi for 2-3 USD). For those who travel in public transportation, this hotel is almost next to a subway station. The price is a corporate negotiated price and it's very good with complementary breakfast. Like all the other big chain western hotel in China, the breakfast is very good: both western and traditional Chinese breakfast. The room is roomy and clean. The staff is friendly. There are also lots of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Two subway lines stops near the hotel. One of them goes to downtown. The same line also goes to the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience on this platform, which will certainly help other customers in making their right choice. For business in Haidian (University District) and Zhongguancun (China’s Silicon Valley), hotel is ideally located nearby large IT corporations, several universities and the Summer Palace.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Best regards,
Damir
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I am actually in the hotel now (for 1 night), but I am reviewing my last week's (5 day) stay.

This was my first trip to Beijing. We were visiting customers in the Haidian district. This area is their so-called silicon valley, many IT companies are here (including Intel and AMD are walking distance from this hotel). Also many universities around here. So I just picked this hotel because its proximity to my customers, because Beijing traffic can be horrible. I am so glad I chose this hotel.

First and foremost, people are friendly here. Since this was my first trip, many helped me, explained to me the ways around here. I want to thank concierge Kevin, Andrew, Club Lounge Ester, front desk Justin (I think) and Rachel. These people have been very friendly and helpful, from the moment I checked in.

The hotel is about 45-60 min from airport. There is not too many happening things around the hotel. I have stayed at many hotels in Shanghai, but this Crown Plaza is different in a way that there aren't too many things to do at night. There is a KTV in basement, but they are expensive. There is no other KTV nearby. There is a massage right next to the hotel. I tried it few times and it was OK. The hotel also recommended another massage, but that one requires you take a taxi. I did find another massage close by, was OK. There are no restaurants-galore here. There is a big McDonalds at the major intersection. There is also a pizza hut. There are couple of malls not too far, about a 10-12 min walk. But there is no restaurant immediately across from hotel, and not many restaurant choices to the sides of hotel. I did go to a restaurant called South Beauty, close to where Intel is located. We walked back to hotel in less than 30 minutes.

I joined a tour to Great Wall of China. Hotel sells the tour for 350RMB per person. The tour dropped me off at Bird's Nest. So I went there afterward Great Wall. Then I went to Wangfujing. I took subway back to hotel, Line-1 then transfer to Line-4. Took me about 45 min to get back to hotel. To save money and it was fun too. So yes, there is subway entrance at the big intersection.

Breakfast was good, especially they have wonton. Someone below says they give you an invoice even though its part of the package. This is quite common in many hotels; they want you to sign and write down room number. This shall not be viewed negatively.

Overall, I really enjoyed this hotel, and recommend people for business trips.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChrisW70
zhongguancun, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear guest,

Appreciate taking your precious time to post such detailed comments on this platform. Besides, I am extremely pleased to read your travelling arrangements were overall satisfactory. Certainly our location is an advantage if guests plan business (IT Silicon Valley, Universities) or leisure (Summer Palace), though night life and entertainment may not be the prime attraction in Zhongguancun, there is a bit of everything. Nevertheless, we would love to welcome you again in Beijing very soon.

Save travels.

Your sincerely,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun for seven nights while traveling around China in July 2012. From our arrival to our departure, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and we received outstanding service from every staff member we interacted with.

The lobby was beautiful and spacious, and the front desk staff were helpful and efficient. They quickly checked us in, and the friendly porters accompanied us to our room with our baggage. Our standard room with a king-size bed was comfortable, spacious and immaculately clean. The bathroom was huge, with a large bathtub on one end and a shower stall and small toilet room on the other. Neither of us used the tub, but the shower stall had both a rain shower head on the ceiling and a hand-held shower head on a rail, which was a nice touch. Our bathroom also had a nice full-size hair dryer with multiple speeds and heat settings that I used everyday.

The electrical outlets in the room could accommodate appliances with European-, Australian-, and American-style plugs, but not British. (Make sure to check that your American appliances can handle the higher voltage though.) We were happy to have numerous outlets, so we could charge our phones, camera, and iPad every evening.

The bed in our room was very comfortable, and the hotel offered a decent array of international channels to view on the flat-screen tv. Unfortunately, the hotel charges for wired and wi-fi internet access in the rooms, but there was free wi-fi available in the lobby.

Breakfast was included in our rate, and the breakfast buffet was excellent. They offered a huge spread, with lots of Asian and American/European food to choose from. We sampled a few of the Asian selections, but we generally stuck to the Western-style food, which included boiled and scrambled eggs, pancakes, french toast, waffles, chicken and pork sausage, hash browns, toast, an omelet bar and arrays of fresh fruits, cereals, muffins, juices and coffees.

We took full-day tours on every day of our stay, so we were pretty exhausted each evening, and we ended up eating at the hotel most nights. We tried the Italian and Chinese restaurants, the international cafe (which is what the breakfast area turns into during the rest of the day), the outdoor beer garden and room service. Everything we had was great, and the Italian restaurant was a really pleasant surprise.

The hotel is not located in a touristy area of Beijing, but it was an easy walk to the nearest subway stop, with lines 4 and 10 both stopping there. We took the subway a lot while in Beijing, and it was a great way to get around the city. It's extremely cheap (only about 40¢ per trip), and all the signage and the stop announcements are in Mandarin and English.

Overall, we were extremely happy with our stay at the Crowne, and we'd definitely stay there again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy K
Grenoble, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed in this hotel last week on business.
I had the Club room and could enjoy the lounge with 2 hours of access to the meeting room included.
This was very useful to continue our post-dinner business discussion on Sunday night with our distributor in China.
Service was good.
As for breakfast, although the staff tried to convince me to have breakfast in the restaurant on ground floor becaues they say there is a biger choice of food, I had my breakfast the first day in the club lounge and it was very good, fast and convenient.
The next day I had it in the ground floor restaurant and it was not an enjoyable experience, there was a bigger choice of food but the waiter was hard to find to serve me coffee, and when he showed up he handed me an invoice although breakfast was included in my Club room rate.
In the end I did not have to pay for it but it left me with a not so positive impression.

Room Tip: Club room are a good choice when you are business travelers on a tight schedule. You can enjoy fast...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
zhongguancun, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun.

I was very distraught to hear of your unpleasant experience with our club lounge and Valley Café staff unable to fully satisfy your needs. I will review this matter with the management team and review processes, as the key objective of Club Lounge breakfast is to offer our Club guests a private, comfortable and relaxing area with a continental breakfast with superior services.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this time and we do hope, we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future!

Kindest regards,
Canton of Aargau, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights during my visit to beijing, and all was great as would be expected of a Crowne plaza, its fantastic rooms, a great lobby, and the service is great, front office staff , and all others great.

would definitely stay again when in Beijing.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback on this platform. I am more than happy to learn that everything was great during your recent visit, and that our talents could make a difference in delighting our cherished customers. As we continue to strive for perfection, your valuable input will definitely serves as stimulator for all our hotels in different departments. Looking forward to having you back very soon.

Best,