“Great Hotel near 4th ring- University District”

Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun
Ranked #102 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Very comfortable beds. We were treated well by all employees. Recommend the Club upgrade very useful , safe place to eat and relax, very comfortable setting. Concierge is very helpful and friendly. Hotel manager very calm, pleasant and willing to assist you in any way. Fantastic breakfast buffet Hotel amenities are great ( lovely pool and the club floor ). Hotel has the non asian toilets a big plus!! Air conditioning is hard to work- called hotel staff to help figure out settings. Close proximity to subway stations although taxis very inexpensive and readily available from hotel. Would definitely stay here again. This hotel was recommended to myself and I have recommended it to others. Note: this hotel is not the one located in downtown beijing.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank andrea c
zhongguancun, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, and for kindly offering your feedback on this platform. We truly appreciate your comments on beds and staff friendliness. I have noted the issue with the AC panel, which we are presently addressing with our engineering department. The proximity to universities, nearby subways stations and Summer Palace are certainly some of our hotel’s advantages. Wishing you happy and safe travels, and look forward to be able to welcome you soon again in Beijing.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Was in Beijing for three days this past week. Enjoyed my stay here. Very friendly and good service. Room was nice and comfortable. Executive lounge breakfast was perfect. And reasonably priced for Beijing.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind feedback on your recent trip to Beijing. We are very honored to read that you had a pleasant stay with us, and that our talents were able to fulfill all your needs. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun in the not too distant future.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed in crown plaza last half year for business purpose and bring my parents here again this year. The hotel employee is really sweety and the facility is quite good. The most impressive employee is Ivanka who solved my problem actively and provide me with the upgrading opportunity. really thanks!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with our hotel services, and we truly appreciate your kind recognition on Ivanka. It is reassuring to learn it directly from our guests as we strive for continuous improvements in offering our cherished guests superior services and unforgettable experiences.

Your’s truly,

Reviewed June 13, 2012

$20 per day for internet and $30 per breakfast, which is a total rip-off. What is worse, they did not tell me that those are not included in the room rate! When I confronted their less-than-honest practice, they offered only excused and tried to blame me for not proactively probing for deals when I checked-in. I am so not going to stay there!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Xin Z

Dear Guest,

I was distraught to read your recent rip-off experience with our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an experience deemed our Crowne Plaza Hotel reputation. I have reviewed the procedures with our management team to ensure this unfortunate incident does not re-occur. Alternatively, we do offer our guests a Value for Money buy-up package from Superior to Club Floor at additional RMB 400 which includes free internet, free breakfast, Club Happy Hour, free laundry and so on. Hope to be able to redeem our reputation with your honor to visit us again during your next trip to Beijing.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The great location of the hotel. I went to Beijing for the holiday with friends. It was my first time to stay at crown plaza in Beijing. The concierge is very friendly and helpful. Justin Lu is very nice and warmhearted. He patiently introduced the world heritage sites around Beijing. His good service make our trip more lovely and funny.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun. We truly appreciate your kind comments on your overall service experience with concierge, in particular naming Justin Lu as being a nice and warmhearted concierge. I will personally recognize Justin for his great efforts in offering our guests tips and hints, on how best to explore the Olympic City of Beijing.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Great location the staff are friendly the steak restaurant was excellent and staff helpful and great service

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Marg B

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback and compliments on our Mix’s Italian Teppanyaki experience, I have conveyed your generous notes to our Mix’s team.

Happy traveling…

Damir Raab,

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I chose this hotel because its near my office and it seemed decent. This was my first time staying at crowne plaza as I usually choose other hotels when I'm travelling. Overall, I did feel that the hotel was well-maintained, and easily accessible with decent/friendly staff. I was even considering booking another ICH property for my next trip to SF. But my experience withdrawing money from the ATM located near the lobby soured my entire experience :(

I withdrew 1500CNY using the Bank of China ATM in the lobby the night before and the next day, while returning to the hotel when I tried to pay the taxi driver, I found that some of the notes were fake. I went to the front desk and asked the guy how to identify fakes, mentioning that I withdrew money from the ATM. He looked at the notes and very disparagingly said... its fake, just paper. When I mentioned that I withdrew it from the ATM in the lobby I was told that "I'm coming from outside and could have got it anywhere and I should have got someone at the frontdesk to verify the notes immediately after I withdrew the money."

Its not like I was expecting the hotel staff to pay or replace the money I withdrew but I did expect them to be sympathetic and explain how I could complain or escalate the problem instead of questioning the veracity of my statement.

I do have the withdrawal receipt and I have filed a complaint with the bank assuming that they track all the notes, their numbers and their withdrawal details, though I'm not expecting it to get resolved. Its not about the money, I'm willing to write that off but I object purely on principle.

I'm probably being unfair by giving the hotel a bad rating because its not their ATM & they are not responsible for the money dispensed. Honestly, I wouldn't have given them a bad rating if they would have handled this better. Bottom line, if you withdraw money using the ATM, please do ensure that the money you get is not fake.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank bystander83
zhongguancun, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you recent review following your stay with us at Crowne Plaza Beijing Zhongguancun.

We do hope you have received our private correspondence in an attempt to gain more information about your un-usual ATM machine experience to enable us to do the appropriate follow up with relevant authorities and our management team.

Looking forward to your personal reply via e-mail.

Kindest regards,