“Hard if you don't speak Chinese”

Holiday Inn Express Beijing Wangjing
Ranked #174 of 6,462 Hotels in Beijing
Tokyo, Japan
“Hard if you don't speak Chinese”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Stayed here for a night while on layover in Beijing before heading out the next day to Ulaanbaatar with my brother. It took quite a while to get their from the airport as the taxi driver didn't have any idea where the hotel was. He called the hotel and gave the cell phone to me but I could barely understand what the women on the other end was saying. After getting lost for a little while we arrived at the check in and the lady at the checkin desk said that the maps provided on the Holiday Inn website which I had used to help the driver find the hotel were wrong. It confounds me why they would have maps on their website that incorrectly place the hotel. Even worse about a month before hand I had sent an email to the hotel asking them to provide directions in Chinese to the hotel from the airport that I could supply a taxi driver with, yet I only recieved a response in September saying that they were sorry that they couldn't respond to the email on time.

Other than the poor service the hotel is actually quite new with flat screen tvs and decent beds. The shower is a little wierd however and I couldn't find a way for the water to not leak out. There was a breakfast buffet included in the rate and it was adequate.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to Chinese speakers, but if you can't speak Chinese it can be quite hard communicating with the driver and you are probably better off paying a little more for a well known hotel or a hotel with an airport shuttle when having an extended layover in Beijing

• Stayed June 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Phuket
Reviewed June 19, 2010

It’s just 10 mins to 3rd ring road and CBD area. Be careful the traffic can be terrible at rush hours. We took it just for a relaxing stop before transfer, and it met the expectation perfectly.
We had a superior room close to elevator – strange – but actually not so noisy.

Positive: 1) Typical business hotel, fast check-out, mainly because internet is free and there’s no fridge in the room. 2) Restaurant, fast food, 7-11, cinema, hair cut, shopping, etc. on the same street. You may find everything you need since it’s connected with residential area.

Negative: Noise. Hotel crosses with a major street which has busy traffic. Another small street on the side is over loaded with car-parking, which causes a lot of horns beeping all the time. Luckily, there was quiet time 11pm to 7am. Our room is on 9th floor - I hope higher floor would be better. But to me, it was the cheap window and glass.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Stayed here for our last night in Beijing after just getting back from Inner Mongolia, so we wanted a place where we could just hang out. Great service and room that was extremely clean and comfy. One recommendation though, do not eat dinner at the hotel. We were so tired from traveling back from the northern provinces that we didn't want to venture outside - in hindsight, I wish we did though!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
seoul, south korea
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Staff is very kindly and room charge very cheap.
I want to express satisfaction with this hotel facilities, service and charge.
When I go to look at the hotel room, a hotel manager very kindly guide me.
The hotel manager give me orange juice and give me infomation hotel, look at room.
I'd like to go there one again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Calgary, AB
Reviewed April 7, 2010

This hotel is very close to the airport - and since it is close to the Airport Expressway, it gives you quick access to get around - whether you rent a car or use taxis. We wouldn't dare to rent a car - driving in Beijing is definetly out of my element. This is my second time in Beijing, and i would highly reccomend this hotel. The rooms were quite small - but sufficed our needs. Very comfortable bedding and pillows. You even have the option of choose to sleep on soft or firm pillows (specified with ribbons and tag in the room).
Complimentary breakfast was nice as well. A little variation here and other.
Complimentary wi-fi was also included in each room - plus if you do not have your own laptop/computer. The hotel has 4 computers that you may use (2 in the lobby and 2 in the dining room on the 5th floor).
The price for this hotel and its amenities were a great value!

Overall, i was very satisfied with this hotel, and would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2010
2 Thank Nicolinna
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We stayed at this establishment from March 23 -29 before heading to Sanya; we chose this place because its close proximity to our relatives residein the Wangjing area. Although we arrived early (11 AM), the check in was smooth and quick; the room was nice and clean as expected. The hotel cater mostly to the business travelers, the location is situated in the middle of a tech zone. Plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance; the hotel also offers free breakfast on the fifth flloor from 6:30-10 AM. Micky D and KFC is across the street, if you prefer some western style fastfood. The hotel has a small laundry facility; cost $30 RMB for per washer/dryer, $4.25 USD. The hotel does not have a gym facility; I joined the gym (HOKAY GYM) across the street; 3 months membership for $400.00 RMB (50 USD); I did utilize 6 times which was well worth the price. Seven-Eleven is also located near by (1 minute by foot). We like the hotel, after the short trip to Sanya, we decided to stay at the same hotel for another 4 nights (April 1-April 5) before heading back to the States. Plenty of cabs outside the hotel and cheap, a short cab ride from the hotel to our relatives' residence cost $10.00 RMB ($1.50 USD); if we had walked there would take us approximately 25 mnutes. We enjoyed our stay at this location, the hotel does offer decent service and a fair price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple