“A bit tacky, not the best location”

Bohao Radegast Hotel Beijing
Ranked #184 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Ended up only staying one night at Radegast and moving to another hotel closer to my client's office. I found Radegast to be a bit tacky and not conveniently located. I did not feel comfortable walking near the hotel at night, and there is not much in the immediate area for dinning. I am an experienced traveller to China, and speak some Mandarin, but even I had issues with communicating with the staff and finding something to eat around the hotel. For their credit the staff did seem to try to help out, just think there is a bit a of training issue here.

My room was clean and everything worked well. The room had everything you would need to rest easily, and it was comfortable enough for a nights sleep, but I would not want to stay here several nights.

If you are trying to watch your budget then Radegast is not a bad choice, but from my perspective spending a bit more, maybe 200-300RMB, will get you a better value and a better location with more dinning options and what felt like to me to be a safer area of town.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rtlmsff
There are newer reviews for Bohao Radegast Hotel Beijing

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I only stay at this hotel as the location is 400m to our Beijing office. Rooms on level 23 are good and clean. Breakfast is ok and mixed. Most staff are very good and polite. Only complaint is the front desk staff. They need to help with international guest for mon speaking visitors.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel is located in the area nearby CBD in Beijing. There was no problem to find the hotel from the airport by taxi. The hotel room was spacious and well equiped. Beddings were all good and the bathroom was nice too. The only problem was the lack of English of the hotel staffs. My flight back was pretty early in the morning, so I wanted to make a reservation a taxi if possible, but the door man was not able to understand what I was saying, the communication was very hard. I had my Chinese friends to help me out with those communication problems, so it was ok for me. As it was almost nothing around the hotel, but if you don't mind to take a taxi, the hotel itself is pretty ok. If you are looking for a hotel in CBD area, this hotel can be an option for you.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Hotel failed to respond in advance of stay to requests for address in Chinese (essential for non Chinese speakers). Hence stressful taxi journey from airport. Accommodation OK but flanked by building site on one side and bus garage on other. Awakened by bell 2 am one night, spyhole revealed unknown bloke - told him to go away. Departure characterised by inaccurate billing, unhelpful deposit practice with unnecessary exchange service which I did not choose in spite of the bill saying so. I await repayment of deposit with some trepidation, Not a good hotel I did not feel safe. I do not recommend this hotel - there are plenty of alternatives.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ecosse_kiwi
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I'm a single women from the Uk and although this hotel was nice noone spoke english well which made it difficult when I got in trouble. On my last evening there was a knock at my door, thinking it was the hotel staff, I opened the door and a man who turned out to be staying in the room next room. Pushed into my room and attempted to strangle me and etc. I screamed for half and hour and eventualyl escaped from my room. It took me ages to get any help and when my family and the british embassy phoned the hotel to try and speak to me they denied I was staying there. They diidn't want to call the police and I had to insist. I felt unsupported , unsafe and I just would not stay there by myself again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
12  Thank Leigh M
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stay in this Hotel from 22.10.2012-27.10.2012. This Hotel have wonderful Rooms, good Restaurants, perfect Foodmassage and a perfekt Spa. 5 Minutes you need to the Subway, with Taxi to the Silkmarket or to good Restaurants. The China Wall can be reached in 1 1/2 Hour by train or taxi. Train cost € 1,00 - Taxi cost € 50,00

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2012

From the check-in to the room service, this hotel is top-notch. The staff is reasonably bilingual. The restaurant serves a wonderful breakfast and dinner. The room has all the amenities a business traveler is looking for, and the Radegast is a great choice as a base for doing business in Beijing.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business