“Most amazing stay”

Ranked #19 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Beijing, China
“Most amazing stay”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed there with my wife. We had wonderful time. The conierges were helping us very kindly with every issue. Ray was outstanding by beeing there and spending time on explaining us where is the most suitable location to shop. He also manage to arrange great trip for us.
We enjoyed the Intercontinental Club benefits. I strongly recommend you to visit the club lounge. Its totally worth the money. Staff there is amazing. Veronika the new western manager makes all guests feel at home even away from home. She is fully with interesting stories and we spend amazing time getting to know her. She knows how to motivate her staff and makes them smile all the time.

Dont hesitate to visit Intercontinental Beichen!!! the best hotel in beijing!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalBC, Hotel Management at InterContinental Beijing Beichen, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share wonderful experience during your stay. We are delighted to have provided you with convenient and comfortable service. Thank you again for your great compliment to our staff whom we are proud of. Looking forward to your next visit in Beijing.
Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Beijing, China
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

The most amazing staff and location to have a club. Club lounge staff did wonderful job and went beyond my expectations. The new manager Veronika and the supervisor Monica were helping me find wonderful present for my daughter. The buffet at the club lounge offers great variety of food and beverages. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Faris A
InterContinentalBC, Hotel Management at InterContinental Beijing Beichen, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing wonderful experience. We are delighted to know that our club staff and service make your stay here authentic and memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Heythuysen, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel was the most fantastic I ever visited! Staff is very helpful, professional and friendly. Due to computer problems I couldn't check in upon arrival. Later, when the problems were solved, I was upgraded to a marvelous suite and I got free breakfast during my complete stay. The food and service in all the three restaurants is fantastic. I would recommend the buffet however. Great choice in fish, meat, vegetables, deserts and drinks, everything fresh, very helpful staff. I always stay in 4 or 5 star hotels. This one was the best I ever stayed in.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
InterContinentalBC, Hotel Management at InterContinental Beijing Beichen, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share wonderful experience during your stay. We are delighted to have provided you with great service. We look forward to your next visit in Beijing.
hangzhou
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I commend the staff manning the club lounge for their professionalism and warm hospitality. I am a frequent traveller and the folks at the lounge make me feel welcome and at home whenever I am at the hotel.
A big "thank you" to Angelia, Winnie and the other good staff at the club lounge!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank hoonmeng
InterContinentalBC, Hotel Management at InterContinental Beijing Beichen, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Your helpful review is greatly appreciated. It is a pleasure of our Club Lounge team to delivere a comfortable experience during your stay. Looking forward to serving you next time in Beijing.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I travel weekly, and am knowledgeable about quality. The difference between a great hotel and an excellent hotel is subtle, but meaningful. The difference in essence is: anticipation rather than reaction to guest needs. A puzzled look brought helpful assistance. Questions on directions brought advice and tips. The doorman confirming that the taxi driver understands where we wanted to go, rather than just opening the door. English is not their first or second language, but desire to please overcomes this small difficulty. Even staff who only spoke a few words of English were very helpful. This was not just once or twice, it was EVERYDAY.

The rewards club member private breakfast area was outstanding, A chef prepared your breakfast your way. Veronika handled any translation difficulties, the staff remembered our preferences. She was very friendly and took care of any difficulties personally when the staff did not understand what we wanted. I'm going to miss this breakfast.

I am self sufficient, but this time I need concierge help, Adam and Tony set the standard for service and support. If Adam did not know, he knew someone who did and called them. This can make or break a trip in a foreign country. In this case they became trusted friends, knowing where to go and the best way to get there. Adam printed out maps to give to the taxi, including instructions on returning. He gave advice when asked about different aspects of shopping or historical locations. This along with the front door staff gave a level of comfort, peace of mind if you will, to our travels. Tony called ahead to make a reservation for a finer restaurant. In no case did I have to ask, it was something they offered on their own.

There is no central location to see and buy things, Beijing is simply too big. The shops, the tourist locations are all scattered. Find the nicest place to stay and make your trips by taxi or by car. In my opinion that best place would be here at the Intercontinental.

The bed covert is a duvet, with silk filler, It was so comfortable we bought one at the silk factory store. Great sleep, wake up to a great bathroom, have a great breakfast.at the club lounge. It was a great start every day.

No, I do not own stock or know anyone before we came. We are planning on returning next year.
The smog did not bother either of us, so we did not wear a mask.
I don't want to go home!

Richard & Jayne Oertle
Richard_oertle@hotmail.com

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view of the Olympic park area.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to share wonderful experience. It is our aim to deliver convenient and comfortable services to guests. Thank you again for your great compliment to our staff, which means a lot to them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Chonburi, Thailand
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in late February, but will be returning in 2 weeks time.

Positives:
-Temperature was well regulated and controlled by the thermostat
-Bed was wonderful
-Bathtub and water temperature was perfect
-View of the birds nest was great

Issues:
-Internet was very very slow the first 2 nights (ping packet loss to my servers in america at 60-70%) and the hotel did NOTHING to resolve it other than suggest I use the wired in-room internet (except my computer and most newer slim profile computers no longer have wired ethernet ports). However internet was fine the last night (0% packet loss)
-On check-in I had requested a room with a view of the birds nest, but was given room 502, which I was told had a view. We ended up moving to room 702 (which has a little better view) but it took 2-hours worth of communicating with the front desk.

I'm used to more VIP service as a IHG Platinum member, and I feel this hotel has a little ways to go. Hopefully next time a high floor room of the birds nest will be reserved/waiting for me upon arrival.

The hotel is 500m from a nice modern shopping mall with food court and is on one of the outer ring roads so transportation to the great wall and the airport is efficient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad that some of our facilities meet your satisfaction. The issues has been shared with related departments and we are sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused. Hope we will deliver better experience during your next stay here.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was the first time staying at this hotel with my husband and son. We had excellent service from everyone in the hotel! The staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs. The restaurant manager was very helpful every morning as my husband is celiac and he helped make special breakfast for him. All the girls in the club lounge were always friendly, helpful and willing to assist us, Grace went above and beyond for service in the club lounge. Special thanks to Dexter and Winnie for all their service. We have stayed at many properties in Beijing but so for this has been the best hotel we stayed at. This will be our first choice to stay in Beijing, good location, great staff,awesome service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
We are delighted to recieve your specific feedback. It is our pleasure to make sure your stay here is comfortable and satisfying. Thank you for making us your first choice to stay in Beijing. We look forward to serving you at your next visit in Beijing.