“Convenient and well run!”

Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport
Ranked #77 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Singapore, Singapore
“Convenient and well run!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the Beijing Airport and took their shuttle at the 1st F, Exit 5. It was available for anyone booked in the hotel.

Check in was a breeze. Room was well appointed. Wireless is available tho bandwidth was not sufficient for FaceTime. Buffet breakfast was good.

On the day of departure, breakfast was available as early as 6 am which was very useful for someone who needs breakfast to function.

• Stayed August 2013
CPBJIA, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Guest chinaren_10,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Beijing Internarional Airport and taking your precious time to comment us on tripadvisor.

We feel very glad to know that you liked our hotel's service in many respects. We will keep working hard to provide consistent and comfortable staying experience for our honored guests. Look forward to welcoming you back next time visit Beijing.

Marketing Communications Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Baar, Switzerland
Reviewed August 1, 2013

At the end of our China holiday trip, we slept our last night in Beijing at this place because we had a very early flight!
Although we had a very short stay there, I must say that the service was perfect. From registration to shuttle bus transfer to the airport, everything was really great.
Just to mention one small negative point, at registration, they did not tell us that we could reserve a take away breakfast because we were leaving early ...
So, if you are planning to leave before the breakfast buffet is open, just reserve a breakfast to take with you!
Depending on the time of the day, transfer time to terminal 3 is from 20 minutes to whatever the traffic permit...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest Feyroce,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport and take your precious time to commnet us on tripadvisor.

We feel very glad to know that you liked our hotel's sevice in many respects, though regretful for the early take away breakfast issue. We will share your comment with our team members to make sure that we will pay more attention to this. Hope it does not disturb your likeness to our hotel. Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back next time visit Beijing.

Irvine, California
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I tend to think that International Hotels have better customer service, but I don't think this one does.

I guess its really my fault for booking a reservation through Priceline and not directly through IHG, but boy, I don't know if I ever want to stay here after this reservations. I literally asked the in-house reservations team for help on a reservation change and I wanted to talk to a manager but they didnt transfer me. It doesnt help in my case that I don't speak any Chinese. Anyways, in short, I think this hotel tested my brand Loyalty with IHG.

I would love to talk to someone there that can actually just listen to my experience.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Seung R
CPBJIA, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear guest Seung R,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Beijing Internatinal Airport and your comments on tripadvisor although it is disapointed to know that you experienced reservation problem with us.

Your comment will be shared with our management team,and we will ensure further English training will be undertaken by our reservation team. We agree that language barrier is an aspect which has been focusing and our training department has add more English lessons for our team members to enhance their English. We will keep working on this, and hope this problem will not disturb your likeness to our hotel.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to demonstrate our improvements next time you visit Beijing. Please kindly let us know when you stay here and if you are available to talk to our hotel's General Manager. Thank you.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This was a excellent hotel for a short stay while transiting in Beijing. It's close to the airport, newly built and full Western standards for service, cleanliness and food.

Excellent buffet breakfast with made to order eggs but a bit expensive at 170.00 yuan. If you can book a rate that includes breakfast do it.

If your flying out of terminal 1 or 2, plan an extra 1/2 an hour for the shuttle as it goes to terminal 3 first and they are literally on opposite sides of the airfield.

If you have a day to kill between flights and are in good shape, check out great wall hiking as a day trip. They can take you to unrestored sections of the wall with no tourists and followed by local food. Excellent way to battle jet lag!

• Stayed July 2013
CPBJIA, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Boyd_Stowe,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel on tripadvisor. We feel very glad to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and service.

We thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport for your stay at Beijing Airport and look forward welcoming you back soon.

Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Large hotel located about 15 minutes from Terminal 3. Nice comfortable room with very good pillows and bed. The staff was ok just need to brush up on their English as I had a little difficulty getting someone to understand me. The hotel is very busy which I found rather annoying. Avoid the breakfast if you can, it was sheer mayhem from all the people there and the food was subpar.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear montrealer1110,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport and taking your time in writing this review.

We are happy to know that you liked out location and facilities. With regards to the breakfast and English issue, we feel regretful that we were not able to meet your expectation. We will keep training our team members to improve our English speaking abilities. Your comment about our breakfast has been shared with our Food & Beverage team. We will keep improving our service to make every staying experience a most comfortable one.

Thank you again for your comment which will help us to do better. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Minsk
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great hotel! I waited for the shuttle bus 1 hour instead of 30 minutes but it was not so bad. (You better call them when you arrive at the bus stop)
The rest was perfect. This Crowne Plaza is a wonderful hotel with the kind personnel and outstanding service.
My flight to Beijing was canceled and I had to cancel the overnight stay in this hotel although I already guarantied my stay with the credit card. When I called the reservation department next day asking if I could move my reservation to the next day they confirmed it immediately and agreed not to charge me for the canceled night. I appreciate it very much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CPBJIA, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Svetlana A,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza International Airport Beijing. Our team members and I are very pleased to hear your exciting comment for our service. What we keep trying to accomplish is exactly to provide our guests consistent and comfortable staying experience.

At the same time, we find that there is still something disappointing about our shuttle bus service. Thank you for pointing it out and I’m sure our staff will look into this issue and keep improving our shuttle bus service. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future.

Sincerely yours,
Eka Ananta
Amherst, Ohio
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed on the Club level for 2 weeks
I did the "express" check in at the club lounge which took about 45 minutes because the copy machine wasn't working,(chose to check out at the normal check in desk)
Was disappointed when my colleauges and I needed to do some computer work together
on the weekend, we chose to do it in the club lounge.
When we asked the attendants there if we could order room service for lunch their response
was "we don't have a menu here"(We frequently do this at other western hotels in China)
Was not happy the internet was not included in the club room price either.
Breakfast in the club lounge was OK but the same thing got old so we chose to go down to the restaurant after a few days.
It is really convienent being so close to the airport, especially with the shuttle service,(it's a lillte hard to find the stop because the sign was turned and quite small)
I will stay here again when I have to transfer from domestic locations to an International flight.
Price was quite high at this time because of a business conference.
Air conditioning was not working in the first room I checked into so I moved to another.
I've been traveling to China about every 4 weeks for 3 years,(Been traveling to China since 2001) so this isn't my first rodeo.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the east side, the west side gets quite hot in the evenings