“Worst experiance ever !!!”

FX Hotel Beijing Airport
Ranked #2,839 of 6,564 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I missed my connecting flight and was forced to stay one night in Beijing. The lady of the hotel reservation at the airport advised me this hotel, I had a short look at the pictures and decided to take it because it looked conveniant. I had to wait for half an hour before a bus brought me to the hotel. It was very cold in the hotel, so the ladies of the reception received me in their winter jackets. My room was dirty, cold and very small. There was no dinner available but because the neighbourhood was not very attractive I decided to order room service. I received a Pizza Hawai in a carton box, without knive or a fork. The bottle of beer was still closed. I managerd to sleep during the night despite of the fact that the hotel was very noisy. There was no European breakfast available, and we had to walk outside to get to the breakfastroom. I did not expect this and had to run outside without a jacket. I decided to leave the hotel as soon as possible without breakfast. When i wanted to check out my papers were missing. It is still not clear to me what the problem was, so I just gave them the key and took the first bus to the airport without a invoice.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 27, 2010

We got delayed on our flight out of China. The tourism desk at the airport recommended this hotel. "3 stars". 3 Stars?!? Maybe when it first opened. The photographs I've seen on the website may show what the hotel looked like 10 years ago, but in November of 2010, the place was shabby and dirty. The girl who checked us in didn't speak English, the first room she put us in was still dirty from the last tennant! When I went down to the front desk to get a different room, she at first tried to tell us "the waitress will be right up". We finally got another room. The plumbing needed repair, several lights were out, we were missing a top sheet on the beds. The hallways are wall-papered in this weird black and white Hollywood memories paper. They must have been trying to save on electricity because a lot of the lights were out. And the cocktail bar? Did they call the place we had to pay $2 for a coke and $4 for chips off of the shelf, the cocktail bar? The person who checked us out the next day was just as surly. The only good thing about this place was that it was connected to a restaurant that had really good food. I would never stay at this place again, and don't recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank SantaCruzTraveler09
Reviewed October 6, 2010

First, if you're looking for an airport hotel I'm not sure this qualifies. It is on the street with a few other hotels -- Aulympic, StayOne, Eastern are all here -- but these are all located in the airport residential community and not so much the airport itself. The Sino Swiss is a block away. It is about a 10-minute drive to T3 and slightly less to T1-T2. There is a shuttle which is good because without it it might be difficult to find and more difficult to get to, since taxis will generally not go to this area from the airport. Around the hotel there isn't much for visitors. During my stay the street seemed to be undergoing construction and was dusty and sandy. Most shops cater to the local community. There's a big Jinkelong supermarket a few blocks away in the middle of the residential area. There's a western-style bar (complete with western-style pricing) on the street across from the Sino-Swiss.

The hotel itself is modern, with funky vegasy-lit room numbers. Room is small, basic. There is a decent restaurant downstairs with Hong Kong-style food. Internet is free. Receptionist tried to push FX membership packages on me, but the minimal discounts didn't justify the cost and I probably would choose another hotel if I had to stay overnight again in the airport area.

Think of it as a more modern version of Super 8, in a not-so-great location.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2010

After a long D.C.-Beijing flight, I arrived at the FX Hotel. The desk people were reasonably pleasant and spoke English. The room was very small--barely enough room to walk past the bed. There was maybe a 2 foot clearance at the bottom of the bed, a 1 foot clearance on the left side and the right side was flush with the wall. The carpeted floor and bathroom were dirty--not just stained but with obvious presence of previous guests. I was too tired to deal with it. Cost for one night was about $100 booked through Agoda. It took five tries to find out if they had airport pickup. It's hard to know what you're getting when you book on the internet. I suggest that travelers to Beijing look elsewhere. I'll never book this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Athena222
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Stayed at the FX several times, Rooms funky and comfortable. Relatively quite area and so close to the airport. Main issue is the breakfast...forget it ! Use the FX for that night before flying and get over to Burger King in T3 for coffee and breakfast straight after checkout from the FX. Other option is to walk 200m up the road to the Sino-Swiss Hotel and eat there. Other little niggle is that the rooms are cold in winter. Overall, a rather Chinese Hotel, but we keep going back as the location and rooms are great. Internet is free and the staff are friendly. Just forget the breakfast, seriously!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed December 20, 2009

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed December 14, 2009

FX is less than 1 km from the Beijing Capital Airport in one of the many faceless residential neighborhoods that have sprung up nearby. It serves it's purpose well, with a generous helping of modern Chinese flair and some of the best customer service I have seen at Chinese-branded hotels. My king room is small yet functional; the bed is huge so that leaves little floor space for much else. Help with my bags arrived before I set foot out of the taxi; check-in was smooth and friendly; staff English was sufficient to get me settled quickly. The right-of-way in front of the hotel looks like a perpetual construction zone; I intend to walk the neighborhood tonight, but I wouldn't recommend strolling the dimly-lit streets to unadventurous travelers. I was promised a 4:30 AM wake-up call and a 5:00 AM shuttle to the airport. Now off to bed - I will update and add hotel details if relevant.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business