“Avoid!”

FX Hotel Beijing Airport
Ranked #2,806 of 6,528 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The worst place we've ever stayed at by far. We arrived at the airport and called them to arrange to be picked up by their shuttle, but the receptionist who answered couldn't speak English. We managed to make out that a shuttle will pick us up in 10 minutes on the 2nd floor of Terminal 2. We waited for 30 minutes then left to find a taxi. When we checked in, there were 3 receptionists behind the desk and neither one of them could understand or communicate in English properly. Having already spent 2 weeks in China up to this point, this was the first hotel we encountered where the staff didn't speak good English. The room was in a terrible state. Cigarette burns in the curtains, broken tiles on the floor, big crack in the mirror. And we found it extremely odd that as soon as we got into our room, there was a knock on the door - a cleaning lady came in and took all the drinks from the room... Why, we have no idea, but it felt a bit rude. It also didn't bother her that there was a layer of dust under & around the cans & bottles after she removed them. The walls in the toilet area was extremely dirty. We were told that the last shuttle bus to the airport leaves at 6 am, so we made sure we got on it, because the taxi had severely over-charged us the previous night. Halfway down the road, my husband noticed that the shuttle bus driver didn't close the luggage doors after everyone got on, so we stopped him and had to shut it ourselves. Luckily, nothing fell out along the way. This is just a terrible place, avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quazilogic
There are newer reviews for FX Hotel Beijing Airport

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This hotel did the trick when we needed a place to crash before taking the plane very early the next morning. The room is a little dark, but it's ok, beds are comfortable and it's clean overall.
They also have a shuttle bus to pick you up at the airport and to drop you there. It's a free service, but you need to book it. When I called there to ask someone to pick me up at the airport I needed a Chinese speaking person, because the staff does not speak English at all... When I got there, I also booked my shuttle bus to go back to the airport, and even for basic stuff like this, it was difficult to communicate. Aside from that, it's a good option.

Room Tip: Book shuttle bus in advance and make sure they understood...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

.....and are too exhausted to care. Hotels in China as a rule are not the cleanest, but this was substandard even for China. The carpets in the corridors were disgustingly filthy. The room was very small and while not horribly dirty, was in poor repair. The bed linens were clean albeit thin and the beds were shoe horned between the outside wall and the bathroom with about 14" between them. The large glass shower door was falling off the hinges and had to be opened and closed carefully. The shower stall itself was glass on 3 sides and was not in a separate bathroom, it felt like showering in an aquarium!

The service was efficient but not friendly. They did pick us up at the airport at 1:30AM but only after a few calls. My travel partner was Chinese and could communicate with them otherwise I am not confident that I would have been successful getting there with my lack of Chinese skills. The hotel, while convenient to the airport, has zero amenities around it and we hiked quite a distance to catch a bus into downtown Beijing. Other reviewers comments about taxi cabs is quite accurate and many cab drivers know little about how to get somewhere that is not outside their immediate area.

If you have the luxury of time...head into Beijing and find better accommodations as there are many to be had for the same or smaller prices. Getting around is much easier in the city than it is in the suburbs as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rpccc43
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had the unfortunate luck in having my colleague book 1 night at this FX hotel and it was the dirtiest, awful hotel I have every stayed at. The price is really cheap and that must be why. Even my Chinese colleague agreed it was pretty bad.
I slept on my suitcase in my clothes leaning against the wall...DIRTY does not fully describe this hotel!!

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone...

They did have shuttle we took us to the airport at 6 am, not sure if there are other times, but it said FX hotel on the side of the bus so I assume it would have a full schedule. The airport is close so a taxi could do OK too.

There was a restaurant that had reasonable food for hungry travelers, and cold beer which was good because it was sealed in bottles which gave the perception of being clean.

Again, I would look elsewhere as this place is a dump...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel!!! It's in an area next to the airport, but It's a bad area!! Everyone tries to cheat you out of money. The hotel made me pay an extra 80 yuan, but couldn't explain why. Taxi drivers all charge at least 4x what it actually costs to get to the hotel. It's far from the subway too. The staff seemed nice at first. They said they'd call a taxi to take us to the subway, but instead, they called a friend of theirs to take us whom price gauged us! He said it would cost 300 yuan to go to the subway. I refused and he dropped the price. I still refused and he went down to 50 yuan. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get a taxi because the hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so I agreed. But 50 is 3x the normal price for the short distance the subway was. Then he proceeded to lie to us constantly in a effort to get us to pay more. He told us that our destination was very far from the subway so we'd have to walk for an hour; so, he could drive us there for 150 yuan and bring back for a total of 300 yuan. It was a complete lie because our destination was connected to the subway!!!!!!!! We knew that, so we refused, but I could definitely see that he and the hotel staff had a relationship. They probably split any extra money he made gauging people. Also, no spoke English on the staff but I thought the ad said they were multilingual. Maybe I'm wrong about that. I had such a bad experience with them that I asked for a refund for the 2nd night that I was supposed to stay, and then changed hotels. The only good people in this area are the ones from Crowne Plaza, because they were kind enough to get us a taxi that ran on a meter to get us back to FX. It wasn't even my hotel and they did more to help me!!! I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Andrew2611
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed in this hotel due to we arrived Beijing at 130am. We stated in booking form that we need a hotel pick-up during our arrival at midnight. To ensure the hotel arrange the pick up, we called from our home country before departure. But the hotel required us to call them only after we collected the luggage... Is that means the hotel staff prefer we wait for them instead they wait for us? The hotel staffs were not polite and not helpful at all. They pretend no listen when we ask questions, and never said a word of 'thank you' even after you make your payment. We didnt see any smile of hotel staffs from our check-in till check-out. Hotel concierge stand in front of our room and ask for tipping as we forgot to give him tipping. (Other hotel concierge that we stayed in Beijing refuse to take the tipping even we want to give them). Hotel room is small, not really good maintained. But we didnt expect more as we only stayed for 1 night and checked out very early in the next morning to move to hotel in Beijing city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C0Y_18
Reviewed September 21, 2012

There was no booking at the Fx hotel for me even though a call was made to confirm it. The ref number never helped. The place was awful so I left and asked the driver to go around to some other hotels. They did not have room and it was getting late so I came back to this place. Booked a room and paid with my credit card. The place is horrible, never thought I would ever have to stay in a hotel like this again in my life. What was worst was that I needed to eat and the restaurant is sick! I am looking through the leaflet here to order something in my room but it does not look appetizing. BTW no english.

Room Tip: Only book with established brand hotels
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo