All reviewsbusiness tripconference hotelsubway stationnice hoteldecent breakfastrooms are spaciousvery comfortable staycomfy bedthe executive loungehotel managementclose to the airportf bchinese foodmin walkupgraded to a suitestayed for nightsgreat room
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I was not able to explore the entire hotel due to long hours on a tour, but the accomodations were lavish.

• Stayed: October 2010
virginia_cui, Quality Officer at Crowne Plaza Beijing Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Sun Palace Beijing and for the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments and look forward to welcome you back.

Best regards,

Anna Stackler

Reviewed September 9, 2010

Overall a good stay in this hotel. Good location for the International exhibition centre (10 mins by taxi or 20 mins walk), fabulous room (I was upgraded to a suite on the club floor) , very clean and helpful staff. The club lounge is a real benefit with a great relaxing breakfast, helpful staff (Yolanda was particularly cheerful and efficient) and drinks and snacks available on a compimentary basis throughout the day.
Given the location of the hotel, it does rely on its own restaurants as there is nothing close by (this may change when the Parkson mall opens soon). I ate in the Rainbow restaurnat on one evening which was fine, however on the last evening I ate at the Red orange restaurant which was disappointing - poor service and poor quality food and this clearly needs to be improved to keep hotel customers happy - also the Portofino restaurant was closed during my stay so the in-house dining was restricted to 2 Chinese and the self service Red orange which is rather bland and unwelcoming.

On a positive note, taxis are very cheap so it is easy to get around the city and the subway station is only a short walk away. I would suggest that the hotel makes more of an effort to have a number of taxis ready in the morning as we had to wait 10 - 15 min on some mornings to get a taxi.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
virginia_cui, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Sun Palace and for the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to the Room and Club Lounge and will make sure to share with Yolanda your positive interaction. We are very sorry for the service you have received in Red Orange and I have taken this as an opportunity to work with the team to ensure the service and food quality is improving.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your constructive comments. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Crowne Plaza Sun Palace Beijing and I hope I get a chance meeting you.
For your information the Parkson shopping mall is open already.

Best regards

Anna Stackler

Reviewed August 28, 2010

I just completed a 7 night stay at the Beijing Crowne Plaza - Sun Palace and was more or less completely satisfied.

FIrst up, let it be very clear - the location of this hotel is not good for tourists. Its a fair diastance from the center, the sites and the shops. There is a subway station within a few minutes walk (which I didn't use). Taxis in Beijing are very cheap (the most I paid for any ride was about 4 Euros) but you WILL sit in traffic jams for long periods since the traffic in Beijing is pretty horrendous. I was attending an exhibition at the old Beijing exhibition center which was walking distance, so for me the location was excellent. BUT the hotel is very isolated from pretty much anything else. They are currently building a shopping mall right next door, which will improve it somewhat, but other than a handful of restaurants in the adjacent area, there is nothing. Worse still, it sits on the crossroads of one of Beijing's ring roads, and another major arterial, so cabs need to sometimes make huge diversions to cross from one side of the freeway to another.

Ok, thats most of the bad, the rest is pretty damn good. The hotel was opened only 2 years ago for the Olympics and its still pristine. The lobby is beautiful and impressive. Its a very attractive and impressive hotel to have someone come and pick you up. Check in was very smooth and the hotel staff in general are very courteous and try very hard to please.

The rooms are wonderful. Large and very tastefully furnished. They have those bathrooms with the window and the Venetian blinds that the ICH group seems to be so fond of lately, with the large rain shower, but also a separate tub. The desk area is very large and well equipped with all the office supplies you might have left at home. Internet connection was complimentary and very decent, although you should be forewarned that in China many websites are blocked, including Twitter, Youtube and Facebook . I had a 42" Plasma TV and there is a Bose clock radio, so bring a cable to plug in your iPod. The bed was among the most comfortable I have slept in. I took a room on the executive level, but I think the only difference is the access to the lounge, not the room itself.

The Executive lounge is fairly standard stuff - surprisingly large and surprisingly empty, but its was very quiet and they had some nice hors d'ouvres in the afternoon. (they also have a Zumex Orange Juicer which was my favorite).

I took breakfast a few times in the lounge and a few times downstairs in the buffet. The selection was better downstairs, but the executive lounge selection was adequate and it was a bit more quire and more pleasant there. I didn't eat in any of the other restaurants in the hotel, but in general the food quality in the buffet was ok, but nothing fantastic. The bar in the middle of the lobby was also very pleasant and a good place to meet.business colleagues and guests.

There are is a very nice indoor pool (25m), jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and small but well equipped gym. There is also a full spa, but I didn't use it.

You can get a room in this hotel for about $100 per night, which I consider to be extremely good value considering the quality of the property. I would thoroughly recommend it for a business trip, but would recommend the Crowne Plaza on Wangfujing (which I have reviewed previously) instead if you are a tourist.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Jonathan R
Reviewed July 29, 2010

A very amazing hotel. We arrived with our tour group and was quickly assigned rooms. Our bags were brought up within 10 min. after. The rooms are very spacious with nice amenities. The bathroom is very spacious with a bath tub and a seperate rain shower. However, the shower was leaking water onto the bathroom floor. We told the front desk the next morning and they politely apologized and said that maintenance would fix it be fixed by the time we come back. We came back and surely plastic was applied to the sides of the glass doors, but it still leaked. We were quickly assigned a new room. The breakfast buffet is something to die for. It is comparable, if not better, than the best ones in Las Vegas (ie Wynn and Bellagio). The location isn't the best, but there is a subway station a couple blocks away. A taxi ride in Beijing is very cheap. The staff was very polite and professional. We hired a cab one night, and the taxi captain recorded our room number, the taxi cab number, and the driver's license number. What professional staff this hotel has!

• Stayed: August 2009
cpsppr, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Sun Palace Beijing. It's great to learn that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel.
we are looking forward to welcome you again in Beijing.

With best regards,

Jennifer Ma
Marketing Communication Manager

Reviewed June 4, 2010

I recently stayed here with a somewhat small group as part of a tour. And the hotel was just lovely. It was very luxurious with a very helpful staff. The rooms were spacious, well equipped, and had good amenities.

• Stayed: May 2010