“A Relaxation Haven”

Grand Millennium Beijing
Ranked #33 of 6,528 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here for a short weekend after returning from a visit to the US, where I'm from. It was a much needed respite after spending 10+ hours on a long-haul flight and preferable to sleeping in my own bed, actually. I stayed on the executive level and everything was of exceptional quality. The free breakfast buffet was outstanding and the staff were pleasant. I'll definitely stay here again after my next long-haul flight from abroad.

Room Tip: The executive club level rooms are worth the upgrade if you like perks and exclusivity.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RheaG
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear RheaG,
…really delighted to hear that you enjoyed a comfy stay after a long-time travel…it is always a pleasure at your service any time you need us to be there…you know what?..our amenities and service of executive levels are exceptionally brilliant than many other hotels of the same kind. Truly appreciate for your great message sharing with all travelers and wish you deeply a very wonderful day…to tell you honestly, we cannot help waiting to see you soonest at Beijing again.

There are newer reviews for Grand Millennium Beijing

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had an exceptional experience staying at Grand Millennium. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. When I arrived in Beijing I discovered my luggage was lost. Air China could not explain to me where this luggage was. This luggage contained all of my clothes, marketing material for my business and some very important heart medication. I was very upset about this situation but the staff handled this problem through to completion in an exceptional manner. Deborah Ma one of the managers at the hotel heard about my problem and introduced herself immediately, giving me her business card. Deborah organised for me to go to the Dr to have my medication replaced - she even sent a staff member with me to make sure that I was ok. Deborah's staff called the airline many times to try and locate my luggage. When it arrived in the middle of the night, the staff even went to get my bag from the airport!! Not having luggage for three days was dreadful but this hotel managed this situation exceptionally. I will never staff anywhere else in Beijing again. The Grand Millennium Beijing has my business for life!

Room Tip: You can't go past the executive floors! They are great - so spend a little more and get VIP trea...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank bamfam1908
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear bamfam1908,

Wow…feel so great to be shared with your memorable experience at Grand Millennium Beijing. Needless to say, your story would definitely be sneaked in top ten sweetest things of the year…at our place, we always feel honorable that we, by your side, reach out much to go through any toughness with you, especially when you are, at most times, out of your comfort zone. That is why we are here to assist you at any possible time to make you feel home away from home. …really appreciate for your recognition of efforts that we made and what Deborah has dedicated to her role. To tell you a secret…your comment has been posted on the accessible sharing board to pass the spirit and love on and on…truly hope everyone is able to absorb the inspiration from what you have told. Sincerely look forward to your return soonest with all the best wishes!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Booked via their website.

Checkin: Standard, all fine
Checkout: All fine

Location: Central, Subway, Taxi.

Room: Nice room, lot of space, quiet, bed was ok. Nice view.
Stayed at the club level, which is ok. But overall it is not needed, spec. because all the other facilities offers always perfect service incl. a personal touch.

Gym: Outstanding gym, perfect for a training.

Overall: Very good value for your money. Hotel delivers what they promise. If you don't travel for "loyalty program points", then this is a very good choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear TMG001,

Wow,wow,wow…really fantastic to hear from you on Tripadvisor to share your note with all other travelers. I was so excited to read through this and could not wait to share with my team members that all of us here in the Grand Millennium Beijing have read your comment with great joy…We want to deeply thank you for your kind message, you know what? It is your feedback letting us go extra miles upon both our services and amenities.

Dear TMG001, we wish you a happy year and hope to see you back soonest.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

As an Australian businessman, I have been traveling to Beijing for over 4 years now, staying for weeks at a time. On my recent trip just prior to CNY my colleague booked the accommodation for our weeks stay, I am glad he did, I have finally found the best hotel in Beijing. Best for many reasons including value for money, and I have stayed at the top 5 Star hotels and the Grand Millennium is Number 1. Spotless and very clean with great rooms and amenities. The Staff are amazing and always helpful and actually value you and truly aim to please and make you feel welcome and endeavor to help in any way possible, from directions to best places to visit, travel and eat out. The breakfast is superb, Roast beef eye fillet for breakfast, I thought I was dreaming, Amazing, Awesome coffee as well. I will not stay anywhere else and recommend this to anyone looking for 5 star accommodation with a very reasonable price. Very close to the CCTV building and all the Embassy's, also close to Silk Street Markets (10 minute walk) Stop in at Tims BBQ for a beer or burger on your way. Grand Millennium, Great People and Great Hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Simon A,

Wow…it is really fantastic! Felt terrific to hear that you stayed with us recently and enjoyed the everything and, in particular, people who cannot be considered more essential at Grand Millennium Beijing….As you may imagine, we treasure every single staff, without whom we had no way to make it this far in every endeavor we tried. We feel you seem to be a part of our chefs in the kitchen, our team of housekeeping, the front desk and concierge, etc… Guess what? just cannot help waiting to share the kind note from which crew members are absolutely inspired for their all-time dedications. Your spirit of goodness and smile and certainly your kind letter of recognition in trip advisor is the fuel we rely on to improve ourselves. We value your every stay so much that you are absolutely welcomed back at any possible time to fill our tanks to run an extra mile.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

It's not too often I say this, but my experience here was absolutely perfect. The service was impeccable, the extremely comfortable bed was large enough for a football match, and taking a bath with a view over the so-called 'boxer shorts' building was quite remarkable. I suggest you do get breakfast, which is a sprawling buffet offering everything the heart desires. The pricing is extremely fair for a hotel of this standard. This will definitely become my hotel of choice in Bejing now.

Sorry if I sound as if I am writing an advertisement for the place, but quality deserves its reward!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank fabmunich
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear fabmunich,

Wow… feel so pleased that you marked your recent stay with us as an absolutely perfect lodging experience. It seems that you are a big fan of our comfy bed and spacious bathroom especially with the view of noteworthy ‘boxer shorts’…We also glad your embrace of the breakfast buffet served under the glorious sunshine of this blessed land called ‘Jin Tai Xi Zhao’. Jin Tai Xi Zhao, as written on the parchment, translates into “Golden Terrace in the Glow of the Settings Sun”. So named as the lingering sun radiates long after it sets – said it bring lasting fortune to all who reside there.

We want to deeply appreciate for your kind note share with all of us because it is you who hand us over the key to unlock further the enthusiasm and inspiration in us to get better as professional hoteliers. Sharing in the culture of Grand Millennium Beijing is truly believed as the essential power which brings people together enlightening hearts and, in particular, passes on the joyfulness and happiness to the world.

In China, we are about to step into Chinese lunar new year—the year of horse. On behalf of our entire hotel crew, we would like to wish you the best in all your endeavors in the Chinese coming New Year from the Far East! We cannot wait to welcome you back soonest and have another perfect stay with us.

Prosperity will fall in your lawn
With blooming flowers of
Happiness and success
Every moment of the next year
Will be a reminder of
This best Chinese New Year ever

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The physical plant of this hotel is terrific, with excellent rooms, large lobby and even a cigar bar. Where they fall back is in their English ability, if that's your language. There are a few designated English speakers who can really get things done, but most staff know only a few phrases, and if you don't use one you're out of luck, and will end up getting bounced around from department to department for even the simplest things. It gets frustrating.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear George817,

Many thanks for your kind note on Tripadvisor shared with other travelers. Please be informed that we value your message so much that we have already delivered this feedback to all crew members. Thank you for your recognition of our physical amenities and we also notice the issue you have brought up. It has been shared with staff training department, we believe you will see our improvements in future. We sincerely wish you a happy new year and look forward to your next stay with us 2014.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

How could you ask for more than treatment like a king. The room was great, the service supreme and the location in the CBD excellent. Take the lift to the 2nd floor and you can dump out into a mall with many food choices. Green Tea was excellent and the Starbucks as you would expect. At check in they offered a special on breakfast and happy hour for 50 bucks. If you are going to do breakfast and be around for Happy hour you might want to give it a go. Starbucks doesn't open until 7:30 and the food at Happy Hour is far better than what you see in the States. Wine is expensive here so if you are a wine drinker it will be worth while. I do not know how the in season rates are but the off season rates were far better than what I see in the US cities. Location in the CBD was great. Walking distance to many malls and of course the Silk Market.

Room Tip: If you are going to do breakfast and be around for Happy hour you might want to give it a go. Starbu...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear MacM54,

Thank you for choosing Grand Millennium Beijing! Many thanks for taking your precious time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay. Your note is considered priceless, which has been shared with entire hotel team. You are warmly welcomed back and have another memorable lodging experience. Kindly do not hesitate to contact us if you have anything that we are of your assistance. Please allow us here to wish you a happy new year!