“Absolutely Fantastic”

Ranked #31 of 6,516 Hotels in Beijing
Chengdu, China
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a fantastic stay for 5 days - couldn't have been better. The staff, from housekeeping to doorman were all fully attentive and professional.

Breakfast was awesome - very good range and selection and service in the restaurant was sublime.

I rate as this one of the best hotels I have stayed in China and the level of training is very obvious from the service we received.

I do not have a single negative comment to make for this hotel - we were made to feel really welcome and all of the interaction we had with the staff was fully positive.

The decor matches the level of service - it is modern, classy and very interesting.

Location - right next to the subway - right across from a wonderful restaurant area - couldn't be better.

5 Stars well deserved.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at Grand Millenium Beijing in April 2013 on a business trip to Beijing. Professional managed business hotel in CBD. spacious rooms, tastefully furnished, well kept and spotless clean. Attentive and friendly staff. Restaurant (chinese cuisine) and bar on ground floor are excellent. Spa is not located inside hotel but in adjacent mall. No big deal but be aware that you have to cross a public corridor in the mall to get there.

Singapore
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This property is smack in the Central Business District and has an underground/subway station next door so you can move quickly during rush hours if needed. I stayed at a Club Room which was worth the CNY 300 surcharge per day. The Lounge at the 27th floor was never busy and the breakfast buffet was ample. The snacks offered later in the day were rather limited but acceptable. The Club Room also comes with a late check-out at 4pm.
The room was spotless and well maintained. The entire hotel has free wifi which was also fast. Service was also polite and the concierge was helpful to get me a taxi fast late at night.
I'll definitely stay at this hotel again when in Peking next time.

Room Tip: Go for a Club Room, it's worth the money.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on two trips. One trip involved a stay of 11 days at the Club Floor Room in 2010 and the other at the Deluxe Room this year for two nights.

During the first stay, I had my family with me and we enjoyed the stay and we found the staff particularly at the Executive Club Lounge to be extremely helpful. When we got to the hotel in at 8 am in the morning, they ushered us to the Executive Club Lounge and offered us breakfast there even though we could only check in at 9.30 am (which itself was probably bending backwards for us and I guessed having the MCL Gold Card at that time helped too). We had a very memorable family stay there.

Room wise, in my opinion say average. Much of the room area was taken up by the washroom area reducing the available space for the bedroom space. I still prefer the rooms at the Millennium Hongqiao Hotel in Shanghai that has a better balance in space and layout even though it is not a "Grand" level of standard. Overall, it still has a warm and comfortable feeling.

On the decorations and colour scheme, I liked the hotel for giving a warm feeling and in general the staff in most instances helpful. Cleanliness of the property was very clear to guests. I noticed the property still maintain its newness despite 3 years have lapsed since my last visit.

The second visit was April this year. I was always being trying to stay at Grand Millennium in Beijing in my last 4 visits to Beijing but for some reasons or others, I had to stay in Grand Hyatt.

This time I stayed at the Deluxe Room and requested upgrades are not so easily avail even to a Gold or Diamond Card holder (as I just decided to try "my luck" to see what the MCL Loyalty Status as Gold or Diamond can can get you). Generally, this loyalty program has a set of 4 free upgrade vouchers for Diamond Card holders and if you used it up due to staying at the chain frequently and without the vouchers, it will be finally up to your relationship with the individual properties to see where your DIamond or Gold status gets you. With me staying almost exclusively at their properties in Xiamen, Wuxi and Shanghai for my numerous and regular visits to China, my 4 upgrade vouchers ran out very fast and it definitely not very incentivising.

During my second stay, they were gracious enough to extend my check out to 4 pm, which was very helpful as my flight back home was at 1 am the following day.

I have two billing issues that I need some clarifications from the hotel after receiving my credit card statements, which I was trying to sort out with the hotel and I found it strange after 3 emails, i still have not gotten any respond. Perhaps it is the 1st May Holidays in China that held back the respond from the relevant staff or manager.

Pricing wise, I must say their internet pricing of both my stays have been very reasonable as compared to other hotels in Beijing (although not true all the time depending on occupany) even with corporate rates. But do avoid trying to obtain a pay upgrade at the check-in counter and have it changed at the website. The additional cost quote for the upgrade was CNY 300 versus less than half over the internet.

Breakfast wise, it has some interesting dishes liked roti prata that meets the taste of Southeast Asian liked me.

Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is at its best when you walk into the lobby…. huge elegant entrance. Nice bar and coffee area. Once you head upstairs or into its restaurant, it looses its 5-star luster.

With its name, you would expect it to be a 5 star hotel. As you walk in, you think that it is. But the rooms and the restaurant pull it back.

The food in the restaurant is only ok. The staff works hard, but the quality of the food holds it back. Other hotels in Beijing bring much more quality a the same price point.

The rooms are small and not impressive as other hotels at this price level

Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This sumptuous hotel never fails to impress...I have stayed here twice now: once on business and once for a mini leisure break. It is ideally situated for both, being in the CBD and close by the subway. The rooms are fabulously appointed, very comfortable and well maintained and there's always a member of staff on hand with a welcoming smile. The magnificent swimming pool and gym are well worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Chengdu,
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I used to stay in Marriot or Intercontinental in Beijng for personal business, but this time, I stayed in there for it is a company contracted one.

At first, I was worried about it's facility and service for its low charge (830 rmb per night), it is hard to believe you can find a 5 star hotel in Beijing for that price.

But after my arrival, all worries had gone. The facility is quite new in good taste of design, very Samilar with the Puli in shanghai, modern and comfortable.

The location is good, 'coz there are shopping malls around the distrct, more over, it is located in a commercial zone but in a quite corner, so you don't have to worry about the noises from the street.

For a business traveling targeted hotel, the room are not that spaceful but enough, the only problem is the staffs are not that warm for service, especially in timing of breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business