“Ideal Hotel for Business”

Doubletree by Hilton Beijing
Ranked #44 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Ideal Hotel for Business”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Hotel is extremely clean! Unique and spacious room. Comfortable bed! Employees spoke English. Tranquility garden was beautiful. Spa and gym on site. swimming pool was under construction. Very relaxing and quiet. Nice walk to local restaurants and outdoor shops. Park about half mile away to witness locals gathering for dancing at night.

1 Thank mynflboyz
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, May 28, 2014

Warm greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online. It’s always great to read that our guests experienced so much of the local Beijing culture such as the dancing in the park – of course, the best part for me was to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, especially the room facilities and warm welcome, which is always our goal!

I am also glad that you have explored the hotel surrounding area as interacting with the locals is an experience even with the language challenge.

Should you have any kind of need during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Doubletree Beijing!

"where the little things mean everything!”

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Hotel looks new, Room was good and comfortable with modern design, friendly staff and good breakfast which you can have both western breakfast and Asian breakfast. There is a 24hours McDonald just right opposite the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed several days at this hotel. The room, the food and the treatment were definitely excellent. Tourist assistance, instead, was not so excellent.

1. ABOUT THE HOTEL. I stayed in an “executive” room. The room was spacious, modern and well appointed, just as one expects from an executive room. External noise was minimal, although the hotel is facing an avenue with heavy traffic. Housekeeping was very accurate, and plenty of drinking water was supplied. Two newspapers in English were provided each day: one from China (in the early morning) and one from the US (in the afternoon); this compensated the fact that the TV has an extremely limited choice of foreign news channels. The bathroom had all due amenities, a pleasant extra-large shower, bathrobes and slippers for two, but no-tub. Following an extravagant interior-design trend, the bathroom is separated from the sleeping room by a transparent glass wall; of course a blind can be lowered, but it only partially shadows the person doing his personal chores inside the bathroom: an improper and discomforting situation. The executive lounge is pleasant; during the evening happy hour (5:30 to 7:30 p.m.) plenty of Chinese food was available; it was varied and definitely excellent. In the lounge there is a computer with printer, but getting connection to Internet was at times very difficult. The buffet breakfast was very good, with both Chinese and western fare; the cooks were solicitous in giving advice, so that I could select and taste the best of the local cuisine. The staff of the hotel was absolutely wonderful, going a long way in pleasing the guests. I can definitely recommend this hotel.

2. MOVING AROUND. The hotel is on the Guang An Men Avenue, about 6 kilometres south-west of Tien An Men Square. Beijing is an immense city, therefore such a location can be considered quite “central”.
The hotel can be easily reached from the airport with the airport bus # 7 which stops, on request, just in front of the hotel; the cost is 24 ¥ and the travel time is about 1 hour and a half. If you are unable to ask the driver to stop at the hotel, you can continue until the terminal (West Railway Station), from where it is possible to reach the hotel with a very short taxi ride (less than 20 ¥) or with the trolley-bus # 109 (1 ¥, 2 stops).
More than a dozen of bus lines pass and stop in front of the hotel; they can bring you to a lot of places for the modest price of 1 ¥. In particular, bus 57 and trolley-bus 109 go to the station “Cai Shi Kou” of subway # 4 (only three stops from the hotel); the trolley-bus 109 (in the opposite direction) goes to subway # 9 at the West Railway Station (2 stops from the hotel).
Travelling with the bus and the subway is safe, practical and simple. In the subway, all directions are posted in English; in the subway and in the bus announcements are given in a clear English; the staff and the other passengers are helpful beyond any expectation, and many people nowadays are able to communicate in English to a certain extent, at least in central Beijing. The web site www.chinatravelguide.com describes in detail (and in English) the routes of all the 14 subway lines and all the 800 bus lines of Beijing, stop by stop; a sophisticated search tool allows to find the best transportation strategy between any two given points in town.
Taxi is cheap. However, according to my personal experience, travelling by taxi may not be the best solution for those who are not familiar with the Chinese language. In fact I didn’t find any driver capable of understanding a single word in a foreign language, and the only way of communicating with them was a sheet of paper with the address written in Chinese characters; some of them did not sufficiently know the town and needed some help to find the destination (from passers-by or by telephone); worst of all, many of them dropped me where it was most convenient for them, irrespective of my complaints, and sometimes I was left more than one kilometre away from my destination.

3. BEING A TOURIST, I expected to receive from the hotel appropriate advice and support for my tourist activities, but it was not so.
To begin with, the information desk went a long way in discouraging me from using public transportation (which is absolutely excellent, instead). The most various pretexts were used: security; no bus or subway going to the desired destination; unspecified complications; alleged ineptitude of all tourists to move on their own (!); and other equally odd and questionable excuses. Whenever I asked for directions I invariably got the elusive answer “take a taxi”. So, I was finally compelled to search information through Internet or by asking the passers-by in the street (!).
Another disheartening experience was the procurement of transportation to more distant destinations (e.g. to the airport or to the Great Wall); interminable time was spent in unfruitful discussions and negotiations before I finally receive some meaningful proposals.
I think that customer relations with tourists should be refocused, to better take into account their needs and demands.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marco_Polo499
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Warm greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your detailed experiences and while I was delighted to read that you were generally happy with your overall experience from location, room spaciousness to service, I did note some issues namely:.

TV channels for foreign news, infact, we have broad range for foreigner guests English BBC, Bloomberg, CNN,CCTV, Stat sport, HBO,CINE MAX. Other nationalities catered include French, Japanese, Korean and Russian channels. As for providing information via our concierge I will discuss with our operation team about providing a additional tourist information and to pay more attention. Mostly, our concierges and guest relationship team are happy to provide the tourist information to the guest like how to go to their destinations like interesting place, restaurants, shopping mall and so on… As you highlighted Beijing is an “Mega city”, (21 million) I am not sure what happened in your instance but we always make an effort to help our guests to navigate using the bus, subway or taxi systems. Most Trip Advisor comments speak highly of this area of our service – but rest assured I will look into and correct!

Once again, thank you for your precious comments online. Only with comments from our guests we are able to improve our services on offer. If I can be of any assistance when next time you come to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at sandy.murray@hilton.com.

The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distance future.

Sierra Madre, California
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed one night in a king bed executive suite. The room was very spacious, but was somewhat dark at night and the bathroom could have used a few more lights. As a gold member I was taken to the lounge for check-in which was very quick. I ordered room service for breakfast by using the menu you hang on the door. It should have been brought at 6:30am for my early departure, but it never came. I ended up having a very quick breakfast in the lounge. I received no apology from the hotel when I called to see where my food was. After emailing management I was given an apology, but no compensation for the inconvenience. I would still recommend this hotel even with the problem I encountered.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Warm greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!
Firstly, I know we have separately corresponded on not delivering your room service breakfast – there is no excuse we made a mistake with our internal communication. I again, sincerely apologizing for any inconvenience we have caused to you during your stay.

The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distance future and thank you for saying you will give us another chance!.

Gladstone QLD, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We had 5 nights at the Double Tree by Hilton Beijing and can recommend it to all. The staff was friendly, helpful and most spoke some English. The air con in the room was not as cold as we like it, but I don't think the Chinese feel the heat like we Aussies do.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, May 24, 2014

Warm greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.

I am very happy to hear that your time in our hotel was good, and you like the services we provided. Thank you for recommended our hotel. We take pride in delivering the best service possible to every guest stay in our hotel, and our focus is to deliver our CAREing service to guests from around the world.

However, I am sorry that our air condition could not make you uncomfortable. I will be sure check with our engineer and take necessary action

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in the near future!

Belton, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The room were clean and beds comfortable. The service was acceptable (a bit slow in the bar). Check-in/check-out was quicker than I expected. The internet service was slow and unreliable. Food in the Bar was good although drinks were a little pricey.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, May 21, 2014

Warm greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online. I am very happy to hear that your time in our hotel was good, and you really enjoyed the room, as well as all your interaction with Front Desk. Sorry about the internet speed – I will review as not sure why this is the case as we have recently upgraded.

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Well, first suprize was internet that I should pay for that 100 RMB, not good at all. Another aspect - deposit, quit common in China, but only in this hotel they refuse to take euros for deposit, propose me that they will convert to RMB and then next day, when check out convert them again to Euro - quit challenge to understand logic, remind - only in this hotel, was staying in Hilton Capital airport Beijing - works fine! Breakfast - really poor choice, really. Quality of room was perfect, cleanless - perfect. Morning time, at 8:00 am try to exchange money from euro to RMB - receptionist refuse to do that due to lack of money. Promise to get for free basket with fruits - as new custiomer of HH, nothing was provided, sad!

Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Firstly, I sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to complete the feedback online. I was sorry to find out that you were not happy with your overall experience. Let me begin by sincerely apologizing for any inconvenience and embarrassment we have caused to you during your stay.

Reviewing your feedback, it is obvious you were not happy with the deposit, which I want to explain to you - The deposit must be local currency according to financial policy, and hotel is not in the position to convert local currency to any other foreign currencies except bank, or at the airport. I do hope your understanding for this point…

Regarding the breakfast and lack of money issue, I had a lengthy meeting with the concerned department heads in how we can avoid issues like these and we have placed measures in place to avoid a similar situation in the future. However, in general we get pleasant comments from our guests about our breakfast, especially variety & quality of food and friendly service.

Once again, I do apologize that we were not able to show you our usual DoubleTree caring service. However, only with comments from our guests we are able to improve our services on offer. The team and I hope you will give us another opportunity and experience our hotel that we are able to demonstrate to you our usual service standards. If I can be of any assistance with your reservation please do not hesitate to contact me personally at sandy.murray@hilton.com.