Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Jiaomei Hotel(Beijing)
1,544 results
All reviewsdouble treethe executive loungesna tourwelcome cookiedepartment storenice hotelthird floorpizza hutthe nearest subway stationchinese restaurantpleasant staylobby areastayed here for nightsupgraded to a suitebeijing trafficshopping mallbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and myself stayed at the Hilton Double Tree Hotel Beijing during our recent visit China. Whilst there we left $2900 in $50 Australian Notes in our room safe. The total amount was taken by someone working at the hotel.

After numerous attempts contact those at the Double Tree Hotel in an effort to locate the money and find out what they have done about this, I have had no response. At the time they were non responsive to our complaint.

We had to travel on to Shanghai and made the Police report with them. I feel that the security at this Hotel is a blight on your industry and a wonderful people and country. It is incidents such as this that can have a negative reaction to all the good work to invite the world to China.

I understand that the money is gone and I have little expectation of its return but to do nothing as if it was ok is wrong and in all the countries that we have visited nothing like this has occurred.

Room Tip: choose another hotel worth the risk.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter S
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Greetings from Doubletree by Hilton Beijing!

Firstly, I am genuinely sorry to hear about your negative experience. As a Doubletree hotel, we have strict staff behavior code of conduct in place which is internally and regularly communicated with hotel Team Members and it applies to any employee working in the company; our daily work is directed by the honesty and care with our goal to create memorable experiences for our guests.

The hotel only became aware of your reported loss through the travel agency after your check out day. Upon becoming aware we took immediate action first an internal investigation carefully reviewing records including surveillance cameras, asking the related hotel Team Members, in addition we have the reported to local Bureau of Public Security. We have at no time tried to hide information. We are sure that the travel agent should have communicated these steps to you.

The room attendant who cleaned your room afterwards has been working with us since May 2010 with the positive reputation on honesty – including returning the Channel earrings, Cartier bracelet, RMB 1,000 cash back to the guests after they checked out.

We have been working closely with the travel agency to update the status of the case on that day and the day after and being honest, we’ve tried every single effort to find the lost money and minimize your loss both financially and mentally.

Again, I feel sorry about the occurrence of this case, should you need any further assistance, please do contact me directly at any of your convenience to my email sandy.murray@hilton.com

Sincerely yours,
sandy.murray@hilton.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hotel update as of 6th November

To Trip Advisor readers,

As General Manager of Doubletree by Hilton Beijing I wish to update all on this original blog, as anyone reading would certainly receive a negative view point on how we treat guest safety; as the original blog has not been updated by the reviewer.

To keep simple:
• Guest checked in Oct 14th for four night stay
• Checked out early morning on Oct 18th
• Guest contacted travel agent, who then contacted the hotel to investigate on Oct 19th
o Item not found – reported to T/A as hotel did not have contact details
• Guest upset as no further contact resulting in posting of blog
• Hotel commenced corresponding with guest as now have contact details

More plausible explanation – yes, the guest left item in the safe, the room attendant more than likely did not properly check if the safe was empty. (Guest admits not sure if locked) the new guest checked in and possibly removed contents. Can I prove? No just a theory.

I have had several contacts with the guest, with the latest being today on the phone where we have stated we will keep a one mind, we can never say the team member did not take.

However, this team member has previously returned items and has an unblemished record, so why would they start now.

If anyone wants more assurance please send me a mail – I am happy to answer as guest safety is my number one priority. This hotel has consistently ranked in top 5 for Hilton in China for customer service.

Sandy

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We travelled as a couple as part of a tour group so we had not chosen the hotel ourself, the tour group had. We were very pleased with the choice. The buffet breakfast was great. So many choices, both western and Chinese. The room was spacious with lots of drawer and closet space. There are places nearby as mentioned in other reviews, that you can easily get to. The room was very clean and quiet. The bed and bedding was really comfortable. I can't comment on location because we were transported each day as part of a tour group. I would definitely recommend

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lida S
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for the opportunity to share and hear about your experiences. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so as to monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

I was delighted to know that you like the breakfast and room. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a rewarding experience to contemporary travelers.

I sincerely look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in the near future; please do not hesitate to contact me on this email address below if I can offer any further assistance.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights, and probably was the worst stay I ever had at a Hilton brand hotel.

So many negatives: service during breakfast was slow, dinner quality was ok at best and expensive, no wifi in the rooms, wifi in lobby excruciatingly slow, drinks at the bar were subpar. Another family traveling with us called to complain about the air conditioning not working and they sent up a fan!!!

Very bizarre for a Hilton

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Hsmx

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

I sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to complete the feedback online. I feel terribly sorry to find out that you were not happy with your overall experience during your stay. Let me begin by sincerely apologizing for any inconvenience and any discpomfort we have caused to you.

First of all, I’ve spoken to related to managers and ensure our team members take the corrective measures to avoid an occurrence in the future. In general we get pleasant comments from our guests about our breakfast, especially variety & quality of food and friendly service.

Additionally, WIFI installation in guestroom is under progress to cover the whole building (not only public areas) so far, and guests will enjoy the WIFI in their room by the end of this year; TRUST this will provide a rewarding experience to contemporary travelers.

Moreover, this period in Beijing is the change of seasons. The hotel air-con system needs to be shut down under the purpose of switching from cold supply model to heat supply model plus an integrated maintenance in order to ensure the system will run smoothly in winter period. This is the normal practice in most of the hotels in Beijing. And in case our guests feel either cold or hot in their rooms, we specially prepared extra heaters and fans to make sure our guests have a comfortable stay with us, it was not broken.

Once again, I do apologize that we were not able to show you our usual DoubleTree caring service. However, only with comments from our guests we are able to improve our services on offer. The team and I hope you will give us another opportunity and experience our hotel that we are able to demonstrate to you our usual service standards. If I can be of any assistance with your reservation please do not hesitate to contact me personally at sandy.murray@hilton.com.

The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distance future.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I only stayed briefly to recover before moving on deeper into China.
Overall very pleased although the bathroom was a little tired, however the hotel are refurbishing these so should be an issue going forward.
Staff were helpful and the meals I had in the restaurant were both excellent.
I didn't have time for a swim but the pool looked good from my sneaky peak.
Close to the railway station if you're headed out that way as I was, only a short taxi ride.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and share your valuable feedback!. We were glad to hear that you were satisfied with the service and restaurants. Additionally, I have shared your comment with Food & Beverage team, they are very happy to know that you love the food at our restaurants.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we are looking forward to servicing you soon.
Should you have any kind of need during your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center by dialing ”0”.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I really liked the location, quality of service, value, and the cleanliness of this DoubleTree in Beijing. It is in few minutes proximity of Starbuck, PapaJohn Pizza, and KFC if you are not used eating Great Chinese cuisine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Soner T
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for the opportunity to share your experiences of your recent stay. Guest feedback is the most important channel for us to monitor and improve both our product and service quality.

It was good to note that you were happy with our location; and that you were equally satisfied with our services. It has and remain our goal to train our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guests worldwide.

Again, thank you for your feedback and it was a real pleasure to have you as our guest. Should you have any special request for your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me on this email address below or our CARE Center by dialing”0”.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in the near future!