“HILTON BEIJING”

Ranked #45 of 6,473 Hotels in Beijing
Miami, Florida
“HILTON BEIJING”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

You get what you see online (good choice). I stayed with a friend for 2 nights and everything was excellent, the customer service, the room, the location, the breakfast buffet. The food at the restaurant is good but pricy $$$ considering that is a lot cheaper in local restaurants near the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Julygarcia,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

We are glad to hear that you and your friend had a fantastic stay and our staffs made it a memorable one.

I have shared your comments with the entire team to continue to refine the level of service we offer to our guests.

Should you have any assistance during your stay with us, please don’t hesitate to contact with me or our Care Center by dialing ”0”.

sandy.murray@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, rooms and restaurants. Ate in the Chinese restaurant: great choices, food and sservices.
Breakfast buffet was high quality and many choices. I also contracted for ride from airport and to train station for group.. All went smoothly.

• Stayed October 2013
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear onthemove777,

Greeting from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

The team and I are delighted to know that the food and service met your expectations…
Thank you for taking your precious time to providing us with your valuable feedback. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so as to monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

My first visit to this hotel was in 2008 soon after it had opened. It showed great potential but was let down by inexperience of its staff. I expected these difficulties to have been resolved for my three night stay in August 2013, but they still remain. Rooms are good enough, indeed I was upgraded to a suite that was very nice. However it is let down by (1) buffet restaurant on the ground floor, there is a poor selection of poorly prepared food, even the chocolate fountain was made from a watery solution. (2) the Club lounge. Nice room on a high floor, but none of the staff spoke more than a spattering of English, the 'happy hour' snack offering was totally inadequate, (3) the rooftop garden is like a desert. No thought has been put into its care. I was disappointed that what was originally an outdoor swimming pool had been put under a roof. This would have been so nice especially as the air temperature was 35 degrees. Next time I'm in the capital, I'll choose another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear MaxPallas,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. Firstly, glad you enjoyed the cookie although I would like to apologize for not being able to meet all your expectations.

I noted your frustration regarding English levels of Team Members. Normally, we have a good reputation – clearly this was not the case on this occasion, rest assured, I will be following up with concerned dept heads & training managers to ensure we improve or risk further service dissatisfaction something that as a GM I want to avoid.

Regarding the garden area unfortunately due to it being late autumn we are past the blossoming period, resulting in the garden not being as colorful as normal. The rooftop garden is a key part of hotel environment receiving many favorable comments, but appreciate your comments of feeling lack of color! The pool covering decision was made many years ago to increase the year round usability sure you will understand when in middle of Beijing winter.

Through comments from our guests, we are able to implement change and improve on our services. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity and experience DoubleTree CARE service is all about.

If I can be of any assistance with your future reservation please contact me personally at sandy.murray@hilton.com.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have used this hotel several times for stays in Beijing and have been very impressed. It is (normally) the lowest priced Hilton property in the city but is brand new with great rooms, facilities and service. Exec lounge and food / drink offering is very good if you choose that or are entitled. As others say, it is not in the center but not far by taxi, or bus if you can work them out. They also have free morning shuttles running 10 minutes to "finance street" and the subway station. For a one or two night stay it might be more convenient to pay a bit more for a central location, but certainly for a longer stay the lower price and great rooms make up for the location!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with 'mountain view' for great sunset views over the western hills
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear TravellingJ2013,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

We sincerely appreciate your trust to stay with us and thank you providing your feedback online. Guest feedback is the most important channel for us to monitor and improve our products and quality of services. I have shared your comments with the relevant departments to continue to refine the level of service we offer to our guests.

I was delighted to know that you were satisfied with our rooms, facilities and services on offer. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide. I was also happy to learn that this is not the first time you stay with us. It was especially an honor for us to welcome our loyalty guest back and provide a rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. And I sincerely apologize that the transportation issue make you feel inconvenience. Kindly be informed that Beijing municipality is investing and extending the metro network, including a line with a station in front of our hotel. The construction work should be completed within the next 6 to 9 months.

Again, thank you for your feedback and it was a real pleasure to have you as our loyalty guest. Should you have any kind of need during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center by dialing ”0”. We will make sure to deliver the best we have to offer to achieve your satisfaction. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in the near future!

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Was there for a night in early September. Front desk is very nice and offered a glass of ice tea while I was checking in, The hotel itself is like other double trees, business like, but the food selection and staff at the executive level are excellent. Its not far away from Tian An Men and other places of attraction as it's centrally located, however Beijing is a BIG city...

The only complaint I have is that there's no wifi in the hotel rooms (although they do have wifi in the lobby). At least they could've provided a router in the room that can convert a fixed line to wifi

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear xlz74,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

I was delighted to know that you loved the hotel. Thank you for recognizing the work of our team members both for Front Desk and Executive Floor. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. And I sincerely apologize that there is no wifi in the hotel rooms, however, we are currently in the final process to start with the WIFI internet installation and it should be completed by end of this year.

Your feedback therefore is the driving force that pushes us to go above and beyond. It was a real pleasure to have as our guest and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in the near future!

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and found it a great hotel!
Yes, it's a bit further away from the main touristy area, but that's no bad thing! There are also plenty of shops and restaurants nearby and we felt totally safe.
Really nice, modern and reasonably large room, big comfy bed, great bathroom and shower, spotlessly clean, friendly and helpful staff - what more could you ask for!
Breakfast was always busy, but you always got a table and the buffet had something for everyone - excellent!
Found the Cafe a little soulless for dinner, and the menu wasn't great choice-wise, but the staff were so friendly and willing they made up for things!
The lounge bar was really great - lovely atmosphere and very friendly and professional girls with excellent English - and we stopped by every night of our stay!
No complaints whatsoever and would certainly stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John D
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear xlz74,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

I sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing. Thank you for taking the time to providing us with your valuable feedback. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so as to monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

I was delighted to know that you enjoyed our services. Thank you for recognizing the work of our team members. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to concerned departments to continue to refine the level of service we offer to our guests. I was also happy to read the provided positive feedback on our hotel facilities & outlets.

However, I noted your comments on the Cafe menu being limited or “soulless”. I have discussed with the F&B manager & kitchen, luckily we are currently prearing a new menu and I will try to introduce more variery on the menu for our contemporary travelers.

Your feedback therefore is the driving force that pushes us to go above and beyond. It was a real pleasure to have you as our loyalty guest. I truly appreciate your comments and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is great, nice and new. The location is a little away from the main attractions in the city but they are easily accessible by bus (no. 7 goes right to Tiananmen).

The executive level and staff are fantastic, very friendly, very accommodating and very efficient.

Our stay was great, with just a couple of little things that detracted slightly. Air con could've been a bit better, and they had a go at charging us for a broken umbrella. However, we still left very happy and would happily return for another stay.

• Stayed September 2013
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

I was glad to know that you basically enjoyed your overall stay. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our team members. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to concerned departments. I was also happy to know you liked the hotel facilities and the convenience of transportation. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers.

It has caught my attention however, you experienced some difficulty during your stay ie. the air-conditioning and the charge for a broken umbrella. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. I have notified concerned department to look into your stay and find out where the problem was. Should there be anything we could have done differently to make your stay easier, I will keep you further updated on our findings and solutions. Should you have any need or inquires during your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center. We will make sure to deliver the best we have to offer to achieve your satisfaction.

It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest. I truly appreciate your comments and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to DoubleTree Beijing “where the little things mean everything”!