“Plesant Stay”

Ranked #42 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
Sydney, Australia
“Plesant Stay”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our stay at the Doubletree by Hilton in Beijing was for 3 stay as part of the tour group but was outstanding. Our room was beautifully modern, clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was excellent and were always willing to help us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeHilton, Director of Operation at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Params,

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distant future.

Kind Regards
Director of Operation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
maryland
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Beijing Doubletree is located outside the city center and is surrounded by local neighborhood apartment buildings. It's about a 45 minute ride from the airport even at midnight given the intense traffic jams in Beijing.This hotel has been offering an excellent rate of 10, 000 points per night. And while the hotel offers good deals, you will have to take taxis to most of the city attractions (the saving grace is taxis are fairly cheap here).
Doubletree hotels are really nice hotels overseas, more like a stateside Hilton. The executive floor rooms are very well kitted out with quality linens and bath products. The bathroom is all marble with a dynamo rain shower. The hosts and hostesses in the executive lounge could not have been more helpful. The breakfast served in the lounge was average; the lobby restaraunt puts out a better spread.
There is a nice indoor pool to unwind in after a day of sightseeing, as well as a nice fitness center. The pool has plenty of chlorine, so bring your swimming goggles. They also require everyone to wear a swimming cap (they have loaners available if you forget them, and they also have goggles and swim caps for sale).
Wi-fi is not available in the rooms, only cable access. You have to go to the lobby or the executive lounge to receive wi-fi. For this reason the lobby is usually full of people hooking up.
There are some small restaurants in the surrounding neighborhoods, or for those craving a burger there is a 24 hour McDonald's right next door.
This hotel is a good deal for a quality product. You can expect a nice room and great service.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mitchunleashed
DoubletreeHilton, Director of Operation at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear mitchunleashed,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your trip and were satisfied with our services on offer. We are currently in the final process to start with the WIFI internet installation and it should be completed by end of this year.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distant future.

Kind Regards,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Apart from the decor and the amazing concierge staff I found my trip thoroughly disappointing.

Firstly my room was located next to the lifts so i had to put up with the constant noise of children running past my room and the conversation of others. The walls are paper thin, so you can also hear snoring from other rooms.

The worst thing however had to be the smell of raw sewage from the bathroom. I was only staying one night, so i really didn't have the energy to complain, even if i did im sure the check in staff who spoke little English, would'nt have understood.

The toilets near the bar and restaurant where also disgusting as the local Chinese seemed to gather there for a cigarettes and a chat. I was in their for less than 5 minutes and my clothes smelled of stale smoke for the rest of my journey home.

On a positive note the concierge staff are extremely helpful, have a great level of English and go out of their way to ensure your happiness. Shame the rest of the staff cant follow suit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JCornforth
Dear JCornforth,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our Concierge services on offer. For the smelly raw sewage from the bathroom, we have communicated with related department head, and will solve it as soon as possible. Only with your valuable feedback positive or negative we are able to improve our services on offer.

The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in our hotel or any other DoubleTree by Hilton or Hilton Hotel in the world.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed in DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in early August for 6 nights. Being a Diamond Member of HHonor, my reservation has been upgraded to a King Deluxe Room with Lounge Access.

Pros:
1. I appreciate a Staff (I am sorry that I forget to ask for her name) who helped me moved my room from 15/F to 19/F on the second day of my stay. She called me on the second night and checked if I am satisfied with the hotel and the room so far. Once she knew that I am a light-sleeper while my neighboring rooms are occupied by a few families whose conversation I could hear easily, she immediately assigned a higher-floor room to me and asked a Staff to deliver the new room keys to me. I really appreciate her to make me feel at home in this hotel.

2. Though the fitness center is relatively small, it still has sufficient equipments to enjoy a large workout. One major suggestion is to extend the opening hour 'cause it is currently closed at 10pm everyday.

3. Though the hotel is not located adjacent to any train or railway station, there is a large shopping mail next to the hotel in which one would shop. There is also a large supermarket and food court in the basement of the shopping mall.

4. The breakfast in the Lounge at 21/F is very good. There are lots of choices and varieties.

5. The house attendants are very nice and polite, and did their room-keeping works professionally.

6. The wire internet connectivity is good. Though there is no Wi-Fi inside the room, I have no complaint at all.

Cons:
1. During check-in in the lounge, there are two other guests coming to the check-in desk and wait for assistance. It would be fine but they just looked at my check-in process, including that I sign the form, input the password of the credit card, and the like. Shouldn't the Staff ask them to take a seat and wait for assistance? It made me feel very uncomfortable.

2. There is a large room for improvement during the evening cocktail in the lounge. I am not talking about the food 'cause it is good. I am actually talking about the process. In short, there are always not enough cups/glasses for drinks while there are significantly more soup cups than needed. I would suggest during the evening cocktail hour, these soup coups should be replaced by cups/glasses, or otherwise, I observed that the Staff in the Lounge were just kept busy to satisfy customers' requests in asking for cups/glasses. Similar holds for the hot dishes. I see that the Staff were just kept busy in replacing the hot dishes very frequently. It would be better to use larger trays for hot dishes to reduce the Staff's heavy workload during these busy hours.

Room Tip: Higher-floor rooms have a better city view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
DoubletreeHilton, Director of Operation at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Edward-A A,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the trip and were satisfied with our services on offer. We are currently in the final process to start with the WIFI internet installation and it should be completed by end of this year. Besides, we are pleased to consider your suggestion, because only with your valuable feedback positive or negative we are able to improve our services on offer.
Bekasi, Indonesia
Reviewed July 17, 2013

As mentioned already that the first priority for satisfy us is services...beside the price of course. The location is also the most priority which is near to any favorite places i.e.: Offices, Shopping center, Transportation facilities, etc

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Rito P
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Rito P,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! Thank you for taking your time to share your experience of your last stay with us on Tripadvisor. The team and I are delighted to know that you liked our hotel and to hear that you had a fantastic stay and our staffs made it a memorable one. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distant future.
Kind Regards
Virginia
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel several times a few years ago and had received suite upgrade every time with Hilton Gold. This time we booked two rooms at 5,000 points each (a steal, even with current 10,000 point per night), but received no suite upgrade with Hilton Diamond. In my option, the Lounge and breakfast for the entire family is worth more than 5,000 point. The 280 yuan fare to the train station is a bit high (taxi costs about 25 yuan) and the car itself doesn't looks like from the Hotel neither (some kid of side deal?). Overall, it's a good short stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ahu98
Dear ahu98,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the trip in our hotel. Only with your valuable feedback positive or negative we are able to improve our services on offer.
The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in our hotel or any other DoubleTree by Hilton.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very good service, although the carpet could use an update. A quick tip for all: if you have Gold or above HHonors membership, you could check in or out at 21st floor, no need to waiting in line down in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rztravel
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear rztravel,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your trip and were satisfied with our services on offer. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distant future.
Kind regards