DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing
$152
$120
Hotels.com
1,544 results
All reviewsdouble treethe executive loungesna tourwelcome cookiedepartment storenice hotelthird floorpizza hutthe nearest subway stationchinese restaurantpleasant staylobby areastayed here for nightsupgraded to a suitebeijing trafficshopping mallbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Apart from the decor and the amazing concierge staff I found my trip thoroughly disappointing.

Firstly my room was located next to the lifts so i had to put up with the constant noise of children running past my room and the conversation of others. The walls are paper thin, so you can also hear snoring from other rooms.

The worst thing however had to be the smell of raw sewage from the bathroom. I was only staying one night, so i really didn't have the energy to complain, even if i did im sure the check in staff who spoke little English, would'nt have understood.

The toilets near the bar and restaurant where also disgusting as the local Chinese seemed to gather there for a cigarettes and a chat. I was in their for less than 5 minutes and my clothes smelled of stale smoke for the rest of my journey home.

On a positive note the concierge staff are extremely helpful, have a great level of English and go out of their way to ensure your happiness. Shame the rest of the staff cant follow suit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JCornforth
DoubletreeHilton, Director of Operation at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear JCornforth,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our Concierge services on offer. For the smelly raw sewage from the bathroom, we have communicated with related department head, and will solve it as soon as possible. Only with your valuable feedback positive or negative we are able to improve our services on offer.

The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in our hotel or any other DoubleTree by Hilton or Hilton Hotel in the world.

Vincent Zhou
Director of Operation

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed in DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in early August for 6 nights. Being a Diamond Member of HHonor, my reservation has been upgraded to a King Deluxe Room with Lounge Access.

Pros:
1. I appreciate a Staff (I am sorry that I forget to ask for her name) who helped me moved my room from 15/F to 19/F on the second day of my stay. She called me on the second night and checked if I am satisfied with the hotel and the room so far. Once she knew that I am a light-sleeper while my neighboring rooms are occupied by a few families whose conversation I could hear easily, she immediately assigned a higher-floor room to me and asked a Staff to deliver the new room keys to me. I really appreciate her to make me feel at home in this hotel.

2. Though the fitness center is relatively small, it still has sufficient equipments to enjoy a large workout. One major suggestion is to extend the opening hour 'cause it is currently closed at 10pm everyday.

3. Though the hotel is not located adjacent to any train or railway station, there is a large shopping mail next to the hotel in which one would shop. There is also a large supermarket and food court in the basement of the shopping mall.

4. The breakfast in the Lounge at 21/F is very good. There are lots of choices and varieties.

5. The house attendants are very nice and polite, and did their room-keeping works professionally.

6. The wire internet connectivity is good. Though there is no Wi-Fi inside the room, I have no complaint at all.

Cons:
1. During check-in in the lounge, there are two other guests coming to the check-in desk and wait for assistance. It would be fine but they just looked at my check-in process, including that I sign the form, input the password of the credit card, and the like. Shouldn't the Staff ask them to take a seat and wait for assistance? It made me feel very uncomfortable.

2. There is a large room for improvement during the evening cocktail in the lounge. I am not talking about the food 'cause it is good. I am actually talking about the process. In short, there are always not enough cups/glasses for drinks while there are significantly more soup cups than needed. I would suggest during the evening cocktail hour, these soup coups should be replaced by cups/glasses, or otherwise, I observed that the Staff in the Lounge were just kept busy to satisfy customers' requests in asking for cups/glasses. Similar holds for the hot dishes. I see that the Staff were just kept busy in replacing the hot dishes very frequently. It would be better to use larger trays for hot dishes to reduce the Staff's heavy workload during these busy hours.

Room Tip: Higher-floor rooms have a better city view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
DoubletreeHilton, Director of Operation at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Edward-A A,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the trip and were satisfied with our services on offer. We are currently in the final process to start with the WIFI internet installation and it should be completed by end of this year. Besides, we are pleased to consider your suggestion, because only with your valuable feedback positive or negative we are able to improve our services on offer.
Vincent Zhou
Director of Operation

Reviewed July 17, 2013

As mentioned already that the first priority for satisfy us is services...beside the price of course. The location is also the most priority which is near to any favorite places i.e.: Offices, Shopping center, Transportation facilities, etc

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Rito P
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Rito P,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! Thank you for taking your time to share your experience of your last stay with us on Tripadvisor. The team and I are delighted to know that you liked our hotel and to hear that you had a fantastic stay and our staffs made it a memorable one. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distant future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel several times a few years ago and had received suite upgrade every time with Hilton Gold. This time we booked two rooms at 5,000 points each (a steal, even with current 10,000 point per night), but received no suite upgrade with Hilton Diamond. In my option, the Lounge and breakfast for the entire family is worth more than 5,000 point. The 280 yuan fare to the train station is a bit high (taxi costs about 25 yuan) and the car itself doesn't looks like from the Hotel neither (some kid of side deal?). Overall, it's a good short stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ahu98

Dear ahu98,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the trip in our hotel. Only with your valuable feedback positive or negative we are able to improve our services on offer.
The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in our hotel or any other DoubleTree by Hilton.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very good service, although the carpet could use an update. A quick tip for all: if you have Gold or above HHonors membership, you could check in or out at 21st floor, no need to waiting in line down in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rztravel
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear rztravel,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your trip and were satisfied with our services on offer. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distant future.
Kind regards