We recently stayed for 4 nights at this hotel as part of a tour group. We were very unhappy with everything about this hotel. The first room we were allocated was a front corner room with 2 windows. Both the windows had been left wide open and we managed to close one but the one facing the main road could not be closed. We wanted to close it to block out the traffic noise. Every surface in the room was covered in a very thick layer of dust and grit because the windows were left open. There were also lots of things missing from this room - fridge was empty, side table missing are a couple of things. We called our tour guide and asked to ask for a room change. He called reception and requested this for us but we had to wait for one of the cleaning staff to come and look (she did not understand us) then one of the repair staff arrived to have a look. He managed to close the window but we did not want to stay in such a filthy room. We called our poor tour guide again and he managed to get the message through that we wanted to move. Eventually we were called to move rooms. The second room was much better (the window had been sealed shut with silicone) and was free of dust at least, but the bathroom was not very clean.
The next problem was at breakfast the next morning. We had an early start so were in the breakfast room by 7.30 and were not impressed that there were no tables available. We had to sit in the bar area. It was extremely busy in the restaurant and we had great difficulty finding something to eat - there was a long queue at the egg station and there was no bread in the toast making area, no pastries, no fruit, no fruit juice, no pancakes. Managed to find a bowl of cereal but that was it. Nobody was serving tea or coffee - we had to go to where the tea and coffee pots were and help ourselves. Also had to help ourselves to cutlery for the table and there were no serviettes. This situation was repeated on the second morning and when I asked a man in a suit who seemed to be in charge, was there any bread for toast, his reply to me was 'we have 700 people to feed'! He then walked off! I was amazed at his lack of care and attitude. Don't book so many people into the hotel if you can't feed them.
After we all complained about the lack of breakfast to our tour guide he spoke to someone on the reception desk and suggested that they increase the amount of food provided at the times when the times when the tour groups are all in the restaurant - the hotel knew what time we would all be there because we all received wake up calls. What did they think we were all going to eat?
I must admit that breakfast on the third morning was better - the message must have finally got through.
There was no wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby and there was not enough seating for all the people on their computers to sit comfortably.
Would certainly not recommend this hotel and will certainly never go there again. I hope the 'man in the suit' improves his attitude to the hotel guests also.
The airconditioning was also not efficient - don't think the filters had ever been cleaned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Beijing is the very first upscale property in Asia under this new Hilton family brand, which opened in June 2008. This 26-storey hotel is located in the south-west part of the capital city, just 38 kilometers away from the Beijing Capital International Airport, and only 85 meters away from Da Guan Ying station of Subway Line No.7. The contemporary 5 star hotel is the perfect retreat for leisure or business travel, with all guest rooms covered by wireless networks and FREE Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Splitty, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Double Tree By Hilton Hotel Beijing
- Hilton International Beijing
- Beijing Hilton International