“Comfortable but a liitle far from attractions”

DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing
Ranked #49 of 6,599 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed October 30, 2012

we stayed a week in Double Tree, It's a little far from attractions and we used bus to reach metro station(3 st.),and after that we arrenged for visiting beijings attractions like Botanical Garden,World Park ,... and used bus to visiting Beihai Park,Hutong,Wangfujing...
-the rooms are spacious,clean and quite
-Bath clean,with a big glass wall to room
-Breakfast serves compeletly (fruits,pastry,soup,veg,egg,sausages,juice,milk,tea...)
-pool is in garden calm,nice and clean
-staff not really friendly but helpful and polite.
-limited daily newspaper , just in lobby.
-Bank,KFC,MC Donald are near hotel
-Very helpful super market just behinde the hotel(big market ,with all u need)
It 's a good 4* hotel , have fun there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,514)

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My son and I stayed here during our Beijing tour just recently, and we found the hotel to be everything we needed it to be. Our room was a good size and had all the amenities we required. I was quite impressed, as I have stayed at many hotels and this one compared most favourably with anything in my price range in Europe and the UK. I would not hesitate to stay here again should I return to Beijing in the future. It was also most conveniently located to a supermarket and McDonalds as well as to a Post Office. My son and I felt totally safe in the hotel and the surrounding area even at night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Shaliqua
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Shaliqua,
Greeting from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! Thank you for your kind comments on this website. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and our staff make your stay memorable and enjoyable, it is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.
My team and I are looking forward to welcome you all back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing very soon.

Stefan Schmid,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The beds where very comfortable and the also had the silk comfortable. This hotel had room service and we where able to get as much ice as we wanted. The hotel bar has a nice happy hour. You are in walking distance to a grocery store. The most employees speak very good English only draw back the breakfast you had to wait to be seated since it was very crowded.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janice W
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Welzien,
Greeting from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! Thank you for taking the time and sharing with us your experience during your last stay in our hotel. I have shared your feedback with the team and they are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our accommodation, and the services they provided to you. We do apologize that we did not meet your expectation during breakfast. We are looking how we can reduce the waiting time during high occupancy. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not distant future.
Stefan Schmid,

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was my first hotel stop in China. Not unexpected given the Hilton name it was a good standard, room good quality and staff well trained and friendly. Location felt a bit remote - although in Beijing you are always a long way from something given its scale. Local area was quiet, seemed go be a residential area rather than Cbd as advertised, so there was not a lot of local activity.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank gipsona1

Dear gipsona1,
Greeting from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! We are happy to know that you were satisfied with our facilities, service and team. Soon we will have a better public transportation connection, and the Beijing municipality is investing in the public transport and extending the metro network, including a line with a station in front of our hotel, which should be completed by next year.

My team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in not far distance future.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I booked into this hotel for a post-cruise stay after the Diamond Princess sailed from Alaska to Asia. Obviously, the hotel was busy, not only due to our two bus-loads, but other travelers, too. Nevertheless, we were greeted by the quintessential warm chocolate chip cookies and a choice of refreshing drinks. Even though we arrived around noon, our rooms were ready and waiting. The rooms were large and well appointed. The glass-enclosed very large shower had the state-of-the-art hand-dispensed adjustable shower head. Quite unique was the motorized shade which could be lowered (or raised) to block the view of the glass-walled bathroom from the bedroom. Nightlights were installed under this window treatment. The restaurant had a wide selection of food for dinner and was a very relaxing place to dine. The (gratis) breakfast buffet was absolutely bountiful in its incredibly wide selection of various kinds of foods. Even though English obviously wasn't the home language of the hotel staff, they tried very hard to understand the guests, and I felt very welcome and at home because of their pleasant attitudes. I would have stayed longer if I'd had any idea how much fun it was to be at this hotel. A wonderful experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Smokey2000

Dear Smokey2000,
Warmest greeting from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments on tripadvisor with regards to your recent stay. We at the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing take pleasure in creating moments of magic for our guests. I am pleased that we were able to do so for you.
My team and I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed on a family holiday, it took a long time in the taxi from the airport but I think that's more to do with the traffic in Beijing. The rooms were clean and spacious. But the reception desk was always busy as was the room service, there always seemed to be a wait. The breakfast had a good choice of food. And there is a McDonald's cafe across the road so you can get proper western tea and coffee (which is difficult to find in china) we were in china in April And it can be very cold, the foyer was very cold and breakfast was cold, take a jumper.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Abigail H
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Abigail H,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! It’s my honour to hear from you that you and your family have a wonderful trip to Beijing and in our hotel. I have shared your comment about the cold foyer as well as the breakfast with the concerned department heads to improve our services on offer. We are aware of the challenges with the taxi and shared them with the various authorities in Beijing and do hope that their service will improve.
Best regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here for four nights starting September 30th. The hotel is close to the center of Beijing, but you need to take taxis to and from. There were many local restaurants that we ventured out to that were great and very cheap. Language was not a problem as they had pictures on most menus. The hotel staff was very friendly, the rooms were modern and the bathrooms were great. One of the best showers I have ever had at any hotel. The resturant in the hotel was also great, as was the happy hour from 6 to 8 in the Lin Lounge. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ciao33

Dear Ciao33,
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing and thank you for choosing us for your trip – we’re happy to hear you were satisfied with the facilities and restaurants! It is very graceful of you to taking time to share your experience with us. Your comments will be very important to my team to improve further.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind Regards