“Opening doors”

UnTour Beijing Food Tours
Ranked #2 of 62 Food & Drink in Beijing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our 3-hour culinary tours have been featured in the New York Times, Guardian & more. Come explore Beijing’s tastiest authentic cuisine in local hutong neighborhoods, away from the crowded and touristy night markets. We’ll get you eating shoulder-to-shoulder with other local diners in the best hidden culinary gems.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 23, 2017

This tour unlocks doors and opens up adventures you'd otherwise never hear of. As a visitor this is the way to go if you want to experience local flavors. The guide is knowledgeable and friendly. I've done two tours with UnTour and I'm so glad I've done them. Can greatly recommend booking a tour with them, you won't regret it!

All reviews
"great introduction"
in 11 reviews
"local food scene"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this food tour"
"fantastic food tour"
"awesome guide"
"perfect english"
"language barrier"

Reviewed August 23, 2017

What a great tour! I do a food tour in nearly every place I visit, and I can say that this was easily one of the best, if not THE best, that I've done. Kelly, our guide, did a great job in selecting the places to eat at - these are places, as a tourist, you never would have stumbled across. She provided a ton of insight into local life in the hutongs of Beijing and was extremely knowledgeable on every question that was asked.

Without exception, the food at every stop was amazing! Who would have thought that the best chicken wings I've had would be found in Beijing? And the donkey burger was so good!

This tour was worth twice the price. I couldn't recommend it enough. The length of the tour was perfect and you will leave full! If you are in Beijing, you have to do this tour!

Date of experience: August 2017
UnTourFoodTours, Owner at UnTour Beijing Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words about the tour and your guide, Kelly! She is fantastic, we agree, as are all the food stops. Definitely glad you came hungry, and left full - that's always our goal. Please come eat with us again in Beijing or Shanghai!

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Last night I did a dinner tour with Garth. Went down little streets I would never have walked down and ate food I would never have known about. Garth told us the history of the area and the food. Only a donkey could not enjoy the food.

Date of experience: August 2017

Ha, thank you for your clever review!! The little side streets and back alleys are indeed the best place to find the hidden culinary gems that Beijing has to offer. We're glad you had a great time with Garth, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2017

A food tour is a great way to explore and experience parts of a city that you would not ordinarily stumble over, and Unfood do a great tour of Beijing. We met up with Eric at the appointed meeting place and toured around 4 or 5 interesting restaurants (and one street vendor), eating plenty of food along the way. The tour was interesting, Eric was a terrific host and we'd strongly recommend Unfood. One tip is to do the tour fairly early in your visit so that you can revisit your favourites.