“One of the highlights of our trip ”

UnTour Beijing Food Tours
Ranked #3 of 62 Food & Drink in Beijing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our 3-hour culinary tours have been featured in the New York Times, Guardian & more. Come explore Beijing’s tastiest authentic cuisine in local hutong neighborhoods, away from the crowded and touristy night markets. We’ll get you eating shoulder-to-shoulder with other local diners in the best hidden culinary gems.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

This food tour was amazing and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
We originally planned to do the shanghai tour but this fell through and Jamie was really helpful in accommodating us so we could do it in Beijing. We did the tour a few hours before our flight home and it did not disappoint. By far the nicest food I had in China.
Our guide Kelly had an unbelievable knowledge of the city and took us to places you would never find on your own. She was the biz.

Date of experience: July 2017
UnTourFoodTours, Manager at UnTour Beijing Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2017

Hi Claire - We're so glad we were able to reschedule your tour to Beijing when you guys couldn't make your original booking in Shanghai - and so pleased to hear it was the best food you had in China. If you ever make it back to Shanghai, please let us know. We'd love to host you in both cities!

All reviews
"biang biang"
in 7 reviews
"local food scene"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this food tour"
"great introduction"
"awesome guide"
"perfect english"
"language barrier"

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

I booked this tour last minute and I'm so glad I did. It was my favorite thing that I did in Beijing. Not only is the food authentic and delicious, Chang, our tour guide was amazing. She gave us the history behind the dishes and many of the restaurants. This made the experience so much richer. I will definitely be making a return trip to Beijing and this tour is at the top of my list of things to do!

Date of experience: July 2017

Wow - thanks Bridget! We're so happy to hear that this was your fav thing in Beijing! We look forward to eating with you again the next time you're in Beijing.

Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were so happy we decided to book the untour food tour! Not only was our guide fun, enagaging and thoughtful. But all the food we tried was exceptional, and the atmosphere was awesome (so good in fact, that the torrential rain didn't hinder the experience)! If you're in Beijing, you should definitely do it!

Date of experience: July 2017

Hi Bita - Thank you SO much for taking the time to share your experience. We're super glad to hear you enjoyed your food tour despite the rain. Really appreciate you recommending us. Come back and eat with us soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2017

I took the Old Beijing Dinner tour and had an amazing time eating, wandering through Beijing's historic hutong district and learning more about Chinese history, food and culture. We sampled a huge variety of Chinese foods, some of which i (as a Chinese-American was not familiar with). Many of these places felt like hidden gems - off the beaten path and far away from your typical tourist experience. The best part of the tour was easily our tour guide, Chang, who was really fun, charismatic, and, most importantly, knowledgable of the area and the food. Highly recommend this food tour for anyone with a sense of adventure and an appetite.

Date of experience: June 2017

Hi Shaun - Yay! Love hearing that we were still able to surprise you with a few dishes and that you enjoyed the ones you were already familiar with. We've worked hard to find great guides and uncover hidden gems buried in the hutongs, so we're happy that you enjoyed your tour with Chang and all the off-the-beaten-path stops. Come eat with us again soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

This review is for CHANG who is fantastic and made our Beijing food tour the highlight of our stay (ya...it's up there with seeing the Great Wall)!

This review is about our experience with Untour food tours. We had been in Beijing for a few days and I was looking for some good Beijing street food. Our hotel (which was quite central) warned us about venturing off and eating just anything off the street as we have all heard about the reuse of oil, sanitation, etc issues with SOME places in China. But Chinese food is one of my favorites so after a lot of research one tour group kept coming up...UNTOUR. So we booked it and let me tell you, we had been booking tours to see various things and the service was not the same. I immediately got responses form Untour and Chang (our food guide). Versus the other tours where they took days to weeks sometimes to answer. Communication is very important to me and Untour hit a home run. Emails, confirmations and texts even when we were running 2 min late.

Anyway, I won't tell you what we ate because I don't want to spoil it. But I'll tell you the best part of the tour was CHANG, our guide. She is very knowledgeable about the history of China and Chinese food. She took us to various Hutongs (I hope I spelled that right) and always checked on us as we were walking to make sure we were comfortable and whether we needed to use a restroom. Every place we went to was amazing and Chang always asked us what we wanted and was sensitive to people who may have allergies (none of us did in the group). I can't say enough about it. In fact, we are traveling to Shanghai and we will be trying to fit about food tour in over there!

Sorry for the huge review but food and service is very important to me and I think it's important that we recognize when someone does it right!

Thank you!

Hi Rohinton,

Wow - so proud to hear we rank up there with the Great Wall on your trip to China! We really appreciate your kind words about our service leading up to the tour and your experience with Chang along the route. Hope you get to join us in Shanghai as well!