Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from UnTour Beijing Food Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience UnTour Beijing Food Tours
from $63.00
More Info
from $70.00
More Info
All reviews breakfast tour hotpot hot pot dumplings biang biang local food scene highly recommend this food tour great introduction beijing street rice wine meeting point great tour local culture real beijing awesome guide perfect english language barrier
Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

Walking through the Hutongs, talking about the history of the Region and tasting 5-6 different kinds of food was great. The group was very small (3 People) and Seben our Guide knew a lot about the Inhabitants, the history of China and also about the food. It was very interessting and we had a lots of fun. I recommend the tour at the beginning of your trip. You will see places you would never enter as a tourist alone- but with the guide you explore bejing apart the typical tourist paths. Try It!

Reviewed May 9, 2017

Garth took us on a tour round old Beijing, for a tasting session of the traditional dishes that we would not have found and therefore missed out on. Great guide full of local knowledge all of which we found very interesting and memorable. The food proved to be well worth seeking out, noodles, and chicken wings being my favourite,all washed down with local beers. Would recommend tour to anyone visiting,it turned out to be one of our highlights.

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

UnTour was a great experience. Garth took us to his favorite local restaurants, places and food that I would never have sought out on my own. He included history of the hutongs and the origins of the food, not to mention general recommendations for things to do in Beijing (Spin ceramics was awesome!). I came away with a detailed list of what and where we ate, he even included a few recipes! Would highly recommend this local experience of Beijing food, preferably at the beginning of your visit! I now have a much better understanding of what real local Beijing food is and some insight into what it's like to live there, thanks for the insight Garth!

Date of experience: May 2017
UnTourFoodTours, Manager at UnTour Beijing Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2017

Thanks so much for your kind review. We are truly honored! Glad to hear you had a great time with Garth, collected recommendations and recipes from him and gained a local perspective towards Beijing food and culture. Looking forward to eating with you again in Shanghai or Beijing.

Reviewed May 4, 2017

My wife and I visited Beijing this spring and had an awesome experience with an UnTour Food Tour, which came highly recommended via a friend of mine that lives in the city.

We ate some of our best meals of the trip on this food tour, and what was really the icing on the cake was it wasn't just about the food, it was about getting to know the cultural heart of the city. Each stop came with excellent story and commentary about the people behind the food.

Special shoutout to our tour guide, Kelly. This night was a major highlight of our trip!

Date of experience: April 2017

Thanks so much for your kind review. We are so happy to hear your friend recommended us and you came on our tour with Kelly. Looking forward to eating with you again in Beijing or Shanghai!

Reviewed May 4, 2017

I joined Zeben for a breakfast tour of the hutongs, and he tried to warn me to pace myself, but I couldn't. This was my second day in China, and I was eager to eat everything. He took us to little hole in the wall joints that I would have been way too intimidated to enter in my newbie state, and we got to sample a greater variety of foods than I ever could have in my short time in Beijing.

Zeben was friendly, knowledgeable, and seemed really tuned in to making the tour a good experience for us. We were lucky to have one of the other guides, Garth, come along for the ride, which made for a lot of great conversation.

There is nothing on this tour that would scare off the average eater (well, the fermented mung bean milk might), but adventurous eaters will still be delighted with the sheer variety of foods. Two (or more) different bing, dumplings, flower tofu, almond tofu, mung bean spread, yogurt drink, and more.

This was definitely a highlight of my time in Beijing. I hear the dinner tour is fantastic too, but I was glad to have feasted during breakfast, so I could have the rest of the day to walk it off at the Summer Palace.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank kwpapers

So glad to hear you stepped into the hidden corners and discovered great local eats with Zeben. We love to accommodate adventurous foodies like you! Sounds like you had an amazing day. Come and eat with us again in Shanghai or Beijing