Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from UnTour Beijing Food Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience UnTour Beijing Food Tours
from $63.00
More Info
from $70.00
More Info
All reviews breakfast tour hotpot hot pot dumplings biang biang local food scene highly recommend this food tour great introduction beijing street rice wine meeting point great tour local culture real beijing awesome guide perfect english language barrier
Reviewed April 21, 2017

A 6-time veteran of the Shanghai UnTours, I was delighted to see that Beijing is now a destination for this excellent tour company. Meeting Garth, our guide, it was instantly clear that the dynamic duo behind UnTours (Kyle Long and Jamie Barys) had found a fellow food-drink-language-culture-travel polymath to lead their Beijing group. Garth was an engaging host who skillfully navigated the back streets of the hutong while fielding a wide-ranging set of questions from a diverse group of food-focused travelers. He was sensitive to the group interactions and interests. From a practical standpoint, although we were somewhat tired out from air travel that day, the tour included enough seated stops that we could regroup and push on. Also, bathroom stops were available. We learned a lot and came away feeling that we had seen a bit of the "real China" or, at least, the real Beijing. Garth generously stayed with us, working hard to hail a cab and explain directions to our out-of-the-way hotel to the driver. Also, the additional written information he provided - a feature of all Untours - was very helpful to use in the rest of our tour.. He even sent a follow-up email with a recipe we requested. Well done!!

Date of experience: April 2017
UnTourFoodTours, Manager at UnTour Beijing Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Many thanks for your revisits and kind reviews. Great to hear you enjoyed the authentic food and the stories behind it with Garth. Experience and food culture sharing is always a big part of our tours, to put all guests in touch with the authentic Chinese food culture and history within 3 hours. Come and eat with us again in Shanghai or Beijing!

Reviewed April 20, 2017

I did the hutong breakfast tour last month with MCK and it was amazing! I went home and booked another tour with Unfood for Shanghai that night.

Firstly, MCK was a great guide, and he seemed very passionate about the food and the place, which gave the whole tour a great energy. I was travelling solo, and MCK made me feel really welcome in the group, and we had some good conversations. Secondly the food was amazing, there were so many things I didn't know existed and they were all amazing. I really felt like we got off the beaten path to find some delicious local specialties.

I can't speak for the other Beijing tours, but the breakfast one was amazing and I highly recommend it. It's a great way to see the place and to experience Beijing like a local.

Date of experience: March 2017

Wow! Thanks so much for your support. So happy to hear you had a great time with MCK exploring the city and food. It is our goal to make everyone feel welcomed and comfortable on every tour. Have a great time with your Shanghai tour.

Reviewed April 19, 2017

My husband, two teenage daughters and I took part in the Old Beijing Dinner tour and thought it was great! Katie was our guide and she led us to some out of the way places in the hutongs of Beijing where we tried some delicious food! We had a lot of fun walking around the hutongs, listening to Katie talk about life there and her own experiences living in Beijing. I would highly recommend this tour, as you go to places and try foods that you may not do if you were on your own. Everything was deilcious, especially the jianbing crepes! We also took part in the Shanghai food tour and it was quite different but just as good, so I would recommend doing both.
Katie very kindly found us a taxi at the end of the night to get us back to the hotel and we met some great people from around the world.

Reviewed April 19, 2017

i went back for the old beijing dinner tour when i had a guest in town. we both enjoyed the walk around the hutongs with Garth, who just knows so much about beijing and the food! i was also pleasantly surprised that it was slightly different from my tour in october so it was not a complete repeat. i would send my future visitors here, and i definitely have to come back for the breakfast tour.

Date of experience: April 2017

Thank you very much for your kind reviews! Glad to hear you enjoyed your tour with Garth and found something new this time. We are constantly optimizing and enriching our tours, so return guests like you will also find them fun. Hope to eat with you again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

Kelly was awesome and the food was incredible!What a lovely experience:-) I would recommend it to anyone wanting to see the real Beijing!