“Warmest welcome by the owner himself. ”

Morel's Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #275 of 13,038 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I had visited this restaurant 10 years ago and started conversing with Renat for a very pleasant dinner. We even joked about his toilet paper being the best in China as one of the comments above.

He recommended the Chateaubriand with 4 different sauces which was beyond exquisite. For starters we ordered the foie gras and the cheese croquette.

The beef comes and the vegetables comes from his own farm in North China.

Everything was served to perfection not to mention the added touch of warmth from our interaction with Monsier Renat Morrel, his wife and his staff.

Mercy mon amie.

1  Thank Felipe M

Reviewed September 3, 2017

Morels is one of those old fashioned western restaurants in Beijing with a comfortable atmosphere and delicious food. As a Belgian restaurant, it has a large menu including steak, seafood, rabbit, poultry and other European dishes. In my opinion, it is so much better than many of the more trendy/popular restaurants that only seem to last a couple of years (particularly in the Sanlitun area). It is also very affordable.

My family and I have dined here twice in the last month, but last night was a particular celebration for us (Australian Father’s Day).

We shared dishes, my wife and I having the Chateaubriand, served medium rare, which was unbelievably good, and the kids sharing a smaller steak. The atmosphere was great and the food was really good. My wife and I shared the beer tasting platter and enjoyed the variety of good quality beers that were included. On a previous occasion, the rabbit stew was also excellent.

For desert the kids enjoyed waffles and I enjoyed the apple pie.

I really enjoy going to these older style western restaurants every now and then (all around the world), and Morel’s is no exception. I would highly recommend Morels for people seeking this style of dining in Beijing.

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

We ate a pepper steak here and it was delicious. There are also a good variety of Belgian beers here: blond, double an triple beers. Really wonderful to have this kind of restaurant in Beijing!

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

The staff was really nice all the time plus the food was very delicious. I totally recommend it to everyone. It's a great place to have dinner.

Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

I know, it's weird to comment on the toilet paper of a restaurant but I was most impressed by the quality of choice of them coz I've never seen better quality of toilet paper anywhere else in China, including Hong Kong! I've been to top hotels in Beijing and nowhere else use the same quality of toilet paper! The owners of the restaurant (One Western one Chinese) are always there, every night of the week and they're so nice! Which explains the quality of service and food of the restaurant, thumbs up!

Been to Morel's Restaurant & Cafe? Share your experiences!