“The soup dumplings are a must.”

Din Tai Fung (Yuyang)
Ranked #44 of 13,216 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Reviewed May 14, 2019

On a previous Asian trip my wife and I enjoyed dumplings in Taipei at this well known Taiwanese chain. The branch in Beijing was within walking distance of our hotel. The business model seems to be to locate the restaurants in shopping malls, and like the Taipei branch, the Beijing restaurant appeared very popular with locals. The menu is quite large, with many dumpling offerings, including a new chocolate dumpling (which we did not try). We filled ourselves with pork, chicken, and vegetable dumplings and came away quite satisfied. Soup dumplings are filled with a savory broth, which leak from the dumping when punctured with a chop stick. They helpfully provided English language menus with instructions on how to do this. I would recommend Din Tai Fung as an accessible and fun dining experience for Western travelers who might like to try something different. If you can't go to China or Taiwan there are branches in the U.S. now.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

Delicious dumplings. They have such a large selection. The pork and mozzarella dumplings were our favourites. A must try when in Beijing!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Excellent dimsums in a nice restaurant. 2 storey reataurant very popular among locals. Our best order was the ones with porc and soup inside.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 8, 2019

This is to die for dumpling restaurant. I never has such great dim sum in my life. Great food and great value. I could not believe my eyes how inexpensive it was for such great food. This restaurant was also considered top 10 world restauranrts in 1993 and had michelin star.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Very good indeed. Six is us went with a Chinese colleague who made ordering very easy. Superb food. The beer was somewhat pricey.

Date of visit: February 2019

Been to Din Tai Fung (Yuyang)? Share your experiences!