“The service is out of your expections”

The Westin Beijing Chaoyang
Ranked #29 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Guangzhou
“The service is out of your expections”
Reviewed December 21, 2009

-You're warmly welcomed by receptionist at the moment of walking in the lobby.
- They have been keeping smile when handling your check-in and out.
- The modern design and warm atmosphere of room give you deep impression, in particular,the automatic curtain makes you a little bit surprise.
- The comfortable bed gets you sleep well after a whole-day hard working
- I like their attitude to serve customers, always with passion and transfer their self-confidence to whoever lives there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
westin_BJ_chaoyang, management at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this review, December 21, 2009
Dear guest, thank you for letting us know how we did during your recent stay in our hotel and we are happy that you rated us so highly. The team and I look forward to your next visit and look forward in providing future renewing stays for you. Be Well, Be Westin!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Washington DC
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for five nights with my husband, 4 yr. old and 6 month old baby. We stayed in a suite, which was very nice -- seperate sleeping area, an awesome massage chair, and a huge bathroom. We paid extra for a roll-away bed which was very comfortable, and the baby crib was good too. We ate in every restaurant in the hotel and they were all great. The location of the hotel is pretty good, right on top of a subway stop and on 3rd Ring Road. But the best thing about the hotel was the service. Every member of the staff was very pleasant and helpful. We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Hamburg
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Stayed at the Westin Beijing Chaoyang for three nights and found the location is pretty convenient for all the main modern and chic places in Beijing, for example San Li Tun, Liang Ma Qiao, 798 and so on. Despite some reviews here, I found service quite good, it was excellent without being too obtrusive. Staff were all quite friendly, smiling to you made you feel like at home.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Excellent services as expected of a Westin. I was given an upgrade to a corner suit on account of my Platinum status with the Starwood Hotel group and found everything in perfect order. Although we opted to check-in at the lobby instead of the executive club but service was without fault. Mr. Kobe Li from the executive club responded to my request the very weekend after I checked out while on my way back from Harbin. Superb!

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I had a great time staying at Westin Chao yang in Beijing and felt very lucky that it snowed on my last day. Had a deluxe room for a pretty good price and the room is quite spacious. Met very professional and accommodating staff, my special request was executed very well and I pretty much liked the whole atmosphere of the public areas. In general is a worth visiting hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
westin_BJ_chaoyang, management at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this review, December 23, 2009
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Stayed here whilst on a Far East Tour. Fantastic Hotel... At the danger of repeating what has already been said I have to agree with the review written just before mine ! I agree with all the comments especially those regarding the room! No complaints at all... and I struggle to understand how people found faults ?... Perhaps I was just lucky...but I dont think so.. ! Definately would stay again... Well done !

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank TheGeez
Brussels
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I've been travelling to and even occasionally living in Beijing for over 25 years; this is the best business hotel I've stayed in there in several years. Beijing is huge so you need to make sure it's the right area for you, but if you want or need to be in Chaoyang this is an excellent location, convenient for a wide variety of transport and speedy access to/from airport (about 55 RMB for a cab).

Best thing about the place is the lighting in the rooms -- very bright reading lights inset in the ceiling, but adjustable in their brightness, plus variety of subtle lighting in bath and rest of room. I find almost all business hotels do not give me the right amount of light to read, work, and relax, but this one did, plus it has floor to ceiling windows for additional natural light when the smog doesn't make that irrelevant. Good sized desk and wifi working about as well as it does anywhere in BJ. 12 euros gets you use of it for a day in your room.

Bathrooms very nice with pale marble and 'wet room' style shower; nice (non-branded but v acceptable) body wash, soaps, etc.

Staff personable, friendly, try very hard to be helpful.

Breakfast buffet one of largest and best I've ever seen, ample choices of Japanese, Chinese, Western, Korean, Indian, etc. Only minus: no cranberry juice - but they do have mango!;-)

Only weird points were that there's no printed info in room on restuarant hours and other hotel services -- it's all in various screens on the TV, but navigating around that is a pain and v slow. A few pieces of paper would have been welcome! Other shortcoming was that gorgeous appearing spa and beauty salon only offer bizarre elaborate rituals and nothing 'normal' like pedicure and manicure (tip to the wise traveller: on 4/F of Yaxiu Market, about 15 mins away by cab, you can get an excellent manicure for 60 EMB -- so never mind the expensive spa!) No idea who the spa is marketed at, it seems a bit new agey and over the top for business visitors. Pool area is gorgeous in design, wished had brought my swimsuit even though BJ doesn't normally inspire thoughts of swimming

Skip cofffee or drinks in the lobby, the prices are ridiculous (7 euros for coffee?!?!).

Beds some of comfiest have found in China: firm enough but not impossibly so; nice duvets with high thread count and hugely light and fluffy.

I could do without the endless exhortations to 'be renewed' (how kitschy) but the overall feeling was certainly excellent.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
westin_BJ_chaoyang, management at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this review, November 1, 2009
Dear guest, thank you for letting us know how we did during your recent stay in our hotel and we are happy that you rated us so highly. The team and I look forward to your next visit here in our beautiful city

Be Well, Be Westin!