“Top Westin at High Standards”

Ranked #33 of 6,448 Hotels in Beijing
London, United Kingdom
“Top Westin at High Standards”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have stayed at the Westin Chaoyang several times in the past few months for business, and have found it to be an excellent 5-star hotel in all categories. The staff at the hotel, from check in/out and general front desk help, have been very professional and positive -- the staff really seem to enjoy their jobs, and it shows in their great service. In particular, the staff in the Executive Lounge are of very high international standards. My rooms have all been excellent, and I especially appreciate the large bathrooms with lots of natural light. On my last visit, I finally was able to use the gym and swimming pool, which for me were also very good (especially the pool). I am returning for business soon for a longer stay, almost two weeks, and (though I intend to kick the tires a bit more, especially the restaurants and room service), I am actually looking forward to it -- a rarity.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Westin_Chaoyang, Manager at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for rewarding us with a full score review, we really appreciate your feedback. It's great to learn that you have enjoyed your previous stays and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

The Westin Beijing Chaoyang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Came here right after staying at the Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, which made for an interesting comparison. While there, service is very attentive and the facilities have quirks, here the facilities are absolutely top-notch, with service being a bit... how shall I say, slow? There were two mornings at breakfast where I was seated and asked if I wanted coffee or tea, but then never got the beverage I requested. That kind of quirky service. One of my local friends summarized it by telling me that the reason no one in China tips for good service is because no one offers good service.

Don't want to mislead the reader and make them think service is bad. That isn't the case. You will just need to be assertive to get your check, etc.It isn't bad, just sporadic

More so than most places I've stayed internationally, language is more of an issue here. A phrase or two will get you far.

.Also, be aware that Internet through the hotel is censored. You will find access to many popular western sites to be limited. This isn't necessarily the hotel's fault, but I found it interesting that I could get to certain sites by mobile phone, but not through the hotel's Internet service.

Overall, nice stay. Don't want to be hard on the place, but I would say a pretty firm "four dots" for me.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and letting us know your feedback. It was glad to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and the issues you have mentioned regarding the breakfast service have been forward to related department. We will certainly look into it and take necessary actions to reinforce our service standard and procedure.

Wish you all the best.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Not a good stay this time, room is very hot, probably due to centrally controlled heating in Beijing.

Worse was power outage in room just as I was about to leave so couldn't do a proper sweep to ensure nothing left behind. Delay in sending maintenance man.

Don't understand why hotels need very fancy light / electric systems. The supposed one touch turn off all lights does not appear to work as was challenged to turn off floor, night light. Why do they need this?

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ShanghaiPandas
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to hear that your recent stay in our hotel did not meet your expectation. The issues that you raised up - room temperature / power outage have been passed to concerned department, and actions have been taken to improve the guest experience. We apologize again and wish you all the best.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Based on my one night stay today, I am moved to comment on the excellent facilities and service offered at this hotel.

The rooms are of a very high standard but the service is of an extraordinary high standard. Genuinely friendly, personal and professional is how I would describe it.

While I have no reason to be critical of any of the staff I have encountered, one member of the team was exceptional today. Elodie, who was managing one of the restaurants this evening, displayed a level of pride and enthusiasm for her work that is sadly lacking in some establishments at this level. I look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed February 2014
Westin_Chaoyang, Manager at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

We're truely humbled to be rewarded with a full score, thank you for your compliment and sharing the feedback with us! Our entire team was inspired and encouraged by your review, and will certainly continue to reach our potential and bring our guests many more real Westin experiences.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

This WESTIN offers a great service - and this is exactly what I expect. It started with smiling staff that carried my bags, a friendly welcome at the reception desk, a welcome cup of tea during check in, ... It is all about the details.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We're very glad to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us, and our personal and instinctive services has exceeded your expectation. At Westin, everything was designed for a better you, please rest assured that we will continue to reach our potential and bring our guests real Westin experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Turin, Italy
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

It was not the first time staying in this hotel, but this time had something special.
Very nice environment, discrete even if luxury.
I would not change this hotel with any other hotel in Beijing.
I've got a great corner room with wonderful view over the city.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Westin again on your trip to Beijing. We appreciate your full score review and are very happy to know that the service and facilities have made your Westin experience a pleasant one. We hope to see you again soon!

STL, MO
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Spacious rooms and large bathrooms with separate tub and shower. Excellent breakfast (western and Asian selections) and good room service as well. Near subway, which is very cheap and easy way to get around. Also near some shopping, including a market on the lower level of the adjacent shopping center which was good for stocking up on drinks. I appreciated the wonderful Christmas tree in the lobby. Staff very helpful. Gym was adequate. Several treadmills, elliptically, weights etc. Big windows with a view of the side of another building.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Westin_Chaoyang, Manager at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your full-score review. It is glad to know that our facilities and services have made your stay in our hotel during the festive season a pleasant experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the new year and wish you a great start into the Year of The Horse!