Stayed here just now for a birthday treat, even we live in Beijing! The place is well known by us, as we have been here multiple times for business and work releated reasons, but never actually stayed.
We asked and were given a free upgrade to a South West Corner room. These rooms number XX05, and the higher you go, the better the view obviously. The room has plenty, I mean really plenty of natural daylight, so much so, that you might like to close the electric blinds during the daytime, as it will get quite hot inside otherwise (and its -5 C at night at present).
The room is very large, with foot massage machine, a lounger by the window, office desk single seater sofa and a large bathroom with separate shower and bath. The bath also has a small TV, so if watching movies in the bath is your thing, you in the right place.
Service was great, if not always super speedy, but we were there to relax, not in a rush. Ice delivery took about 10min, plates and knifes were brought faster. We had ordered a cake from the cake shop on the 2nd floor. It was lush and tasty. They also gave us some candles for it, nice. We also run out of drinking water and four more bottles were brought without a fuss.
The spa is undergoing some refurbishment, and maybe its good. You can still use it, but its in need of some work there. The Swimming pool is great, and not busy!
If there was room for improvement, it was the small things:
- water pressure in the bathroom is not fantastic, but sufficient.
- the windows dont open, although I imagine you could ask for a key and have them opened. In case you want to take some pictures without the glass in the way
- the showers in the spa are fitted with some bizarre electronic control system, beware! Please change these during your refurbishment there! whats wrong with a normal tap?
We asked for a late checkout as our flight was not until 18:00 and were allowed to stay until 16:00. Thanks very much, great service, nice hotel, and lucky with the room I guess (but ask for 05 room, if you want a decent south west view!
In the end we missed the breakfast, and went for the lunch buffet. You better be hungry!! It starts at 11:00 I think and we got there at 11:30 and everything was freshly done, with almost nobody else there at that point. You will not be able to taste all the different foods, as there is too much variety (unless u stay 3 hrs!)
The only disappointment there was the background music being a bit annoying, but they understood and turned it down a bit. The pasta salad at the beginning of the buffet was also tasteless, but everything else was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Beijing Chaoyang is ideally located in the heart of Beijing and only a 25-minute journey from Beijing Capital International Airport. Commercial and shopping centres are also nearby. Hotel features 550 guest rooms and suites, Westin Executive Club facilities, offers 8 entertainment and dining options, 11 meeting rooms for events of various sizes and the signature Heavenly Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Beijing Chaoyang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beijing Chaoyang Hotel Beijing
- Westin Beijing Chaoyang
- Beijing Westin