“Always satisfied when I go there” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Beijing

Park Hyatt Beijing
Ranked #25 of 5,940 Hotels in Beijing
Tokyo, Japan
“Always satisfied when I go there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went there for the 3rd time, this time with my wife and daughter. We were very happy with the quality of the facilities (spacious and beautiful room, great swimming pool and hot bath at the 59th floor) and the service of the hotel. My daughter was offered a nice panda peluche, which made it back home with us. Xiu, the hotel bar, was nice for an early drink but obviously not suitable for children later in the evening. The price of the room was quite reasonable for a Hyatt as we went through online booking some time in advance.

We took the hotel car from and to the airport - it is expensive but a real plus when you arrive at the hotel. I feel less benefits on the way back (VIP service is less useful as the airport staff drops you at check in) and could have used a taxi (100RMB vs 780 RMB).

Only bad notes would be that i) our room was a bit noisy in the evening and we could distinctly hear music, which i guess was coming from Xiu, the hotel bar and ii) my ipad covered "disapeared" from the room and I am still waiting from the call back from reception... I bought a new one....

Room Tip: Ask for the side facing the China World trade center which I found to be quiet and with a slightly b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am an avid business traveler and have the fortune of staying in luxury hotels around the world.
I have been a longtime fan of Park Hyatt brand - particularly in Tokyo and in Seoul - I stay there several times per year for extended stays. Unfortunately my experience at the Beijing location (my first of what I planned to be many as my business has increased in that city) was appalling. To start, they took my luggage from the car I arrived in and, as would be expected, they promised to deliver to my room. An hour later I hadn't received and called down as I was needing to be at a meeting in the restaurant shortly and needed my belongings to change and prepare. I went in circles between the front desk, bell hop, guest services etc - finally determining that my luggage was delivered to another guest's room although no one I spoke to considered that any great concern. Another hour passed and now I was going to have no choice but to attend my meeting without my materials and in clothes straight from a 15 hour flight and I called still following up. Again, I was passed around with a slight promise the bags would eventually be delivered. After a third phone call (3 hours past the time I checked in), they finally told me the room # of the guest they thought had my bag but they would send someone to pick up "soon." I finally had to call that other room and go to their floor / knock on their door and retrieve it myself. This experience was only the foreshadowing on a litany of other instances that were well-below my normal Park Hyatt experience (including key cards that barely worked, incomplete room service orders - everytime, a front desk who couldn't hold packages for a colleague who was picking up) and ended with the biz center not understanding my very simple request to Fed Ex a package home (using a Fed Ex # of my own that I provided as well) - it took 4 phone calls there to finally speak with someone who could help in this. Lastly, when I checked out, the front desk asked me if I would pay for other guests (staying at the hotel for the same event) and handed me their bill - I would never want my bill shared and that was never part of the plan - it was embarrassing for the hotel to say the least. I'm shocked and greatly disappointed - its a shame as the location is ideal but with this service, it is impossible to recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank steftravels_12
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed in 66th floor suite which has a extraordinary view of beijing. Like Great Wall it's great hotel of beijing fitted with wonderful room facilities. Interiors reflects your mood and it's recommended for romantic weekenders.

Room Tip: Higher floor stay for view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Metro/Subway right under the Hotel so easy way to get around the city. Everything about this hotel was very good as it should be given it's price/hotel class. Gym and swimming pool was located near the very top (60 something floor I think) .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great gym, food and accommodations..location great and walk across the street to the mall to south beauty for a great meal. Walking distance to the silk market for some great deals on shirts, coats, jewelry, etc..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I admit, I was skeptical when my husband booked a hotel that features rooms starting on floor 40, but I overcame my fear of heights from the moment I stepped out of the lift on the 63rd floor. You can’t help but be impressed with this hotel. Stunning views, sleek and tasteful décor, friendly staff, fantastic dining options. Contrary to what other reviewers wrote, we found the breakfast buffet sumptuous, with service being extremely efficient and friendly. We also enjoyed sundowners at China Bar, followed by dinner at China Grill. The only minor drawback was the arrogant and unprofessional staff at the overhyped XIU.
As for rooms: our suite was spacious, there was fresh fruit in the living room every day, and the bathroom featured the biggest bathtub we’d ever seen. PH is not located right in the centre, but a taxi will get you to the major sights in 10-15 minutes. All in all, a hotel definitely worth revisiting!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was on a business trip and stayed at this hotel for two nights. The deisgn very well embodies a modern architecture with without compromising some of its traditional Chinese decorations.

The room is spaceous and efficiently desgined/spaced to maximize all functions of a hotel room. You feel immediately relaxed as soon as you walk into the room. It was a very pleasant stay to say the least. And, the bath tub definitely is an excellent relaxant after a long day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business