“Would love to give it 5 stars”
Review of Chuang Ba

Cuisines: Bar
Neighborhood: Houhai
Neighborhood: Houhai
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Heard so much about the place that I needed to take a look at this bar. I like the name and how provocative it can actually sound. The place is nothing like that, of course.

To begin with, the place is hard to find. Not many taxi drivers know this place. You can call the bar to ask for directions. Usually the taxi driver will drop you on the main road then you walk about 1 min or 103 steps to the bar.

It's a dark place. When I arrived, an old lady (obviously a misfit) took us to the table in the front. She didn't bother to tell us that there were more seating places at the back. When I asked if there's food, she curtly said no.  Why is she in the service industry in the first place?

It will be so much more enjoyable if she had been more friendly.

To be honest, I was disappointed to see the front bar is only such a small place. Fortunately, I ventured to the back on my own accord and realised what an interesting concept this place has.

Bottomline: we need good service staff.  By the way, the staff answers queries on the location of the place at least twice a night.

PS: when we left, she was sitting at the bar, shaking the legs (literally).

I am embarrassed by her behavior because I strongly recommended this bar to my friend. This is also the bar that is mentioned in many articles.

Date of visit: October 2012

Been to Chuang Ba? Share your experiences!