“So happy to find this place!”
Review of Xuxiangzhai Vegan Restaurant - CLOSED

Xuxiangzhai Vegan Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Reviewed April 20, 2014

You must go for the all you can eat buffet lunch...get there early. What amazing value! Would go here everyday if i could. great selection of fake meat dishes especially and the hot pots rock! :)

1  Thank natalie L
There are newer reviews for Xuxiangzhai Vegan Restaurant

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

The place is quite nice but the buffet was almost empty as of 18:10 and they did not re-filled it. Most of the dishes were not warm anymore.

1  Thank NJes
Reviewed March 5, 2014

After a freezing Feb. day of touristing, we were very happy to visit this delicious vegetarian restaurant. The menus come w/ pictures and english translations which was very helpful. We way over-ordered but loved every bite!

1  Thank 1NYCMom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Huge buffet and big restaurant which still manages to maintain a cozy atmosphere. Great selection of tasty dishes like your personal hot pot, sushi, ice cream etc. Cheap and right around the corner from the Lama Temple.

1  Thank Christina L
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I'm now a total carnivore, but I was a vegetarian for 4 years. And I'm quite a good cook. I know good food, trust me. And the bottom line is that this restaurant served me one of the greatest meals I've ever had, ever, vegetarian or otherwise. If I lived near this place, I would eat here every single day. I have never given a review like this about any restaurant. Trust me, if you have the opportunity YOU MUST EAT HERE. It really doesn't matter if your vegetarian or not, the food will be enjoyed by all. The flavors are very authentic and nothing like anything I've had in the U.S. Ingredients are top quality. If you like spicy, you can get dishes with peppers that you've never seen outside of Asia, which will literally leave you with a capcacium high.

They have a buffet so you can taste a bunch of stuff if you like. And it costs about $11 USD. I actually ordered off the menu since the buffet was about to close when I got there. Food came out super fast and beautifully. Soup, entree, and tea came to about $12 USD. You just can't beat that. Service was great (even compared to the really fancy places in town that I've been to) and they speak enough English for tourists to get by. Plus the local vegans eat there, so you know that it's authentic and excellent.

The place is also super easy to find, which is great for the first-time tourist. Just go to the Confucius Temple. The restaurant is across the street and maybe 100 yards away with a big sign that says "Vegan Restaurant" in English.

2  Thank doublediamond11