“Great place to chill and enjoy lunch”
Review of Yul's Restaurant

Yul's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Mombasa
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Spent a lovely Sunday lunc at Yuls, the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The atmosphere was really lovely with good music and a real eclectic mix of people in attendance. Highly recommended

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've reviewed this place several times before and I will continue to do so as whenever I visit Mombasa I always go for a meal.

This time round, since we were staying at the Travellers Hotel ( only 50 metres away by the beach) we went to Yul's 6 times in 10 days!

I simply love their food, service, décor and ambiance. Heike, the manager, does a wonderful job and always ensures we are well taken care of. The food really is very very good. Having lived in Europe for several years and having been to Italy a number of times, I still consider Yul's pizzas some of the best I have ever had. I always have the 'Namenlos' pizza with ham, mushrooms, mozzarella and cream. Make sure you ask for their home made 'bomb' chilli sauce. It is killer hot and goes very well with the food.

This time round, my sister convinced me to try out the burgers. I ordered the BRC burger and it was UNBELIEVEABLE. A really fat juicy burger made with top quality beef, char-grilled and served with all the trimmings. The relish they serve with it is delicious and the burger slightly smoky. It's a big burger so go there hungry.

A pizza or a burger costs around $10 each. Considering the amazing setting right on the beach by the beautiful Indian Ocean with excellent food and service, it is cheap. I doubt anything in Europe can compare to it. If you're a tourist, this is a bargain.

I hope this place continues forever as it is my favourite.

Keep it up Yul & Heike.

p.s. Their ice creams are also the best at the coast. Try'em out, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I would never go back again they are very arrogant.i ordered a penne with spinach and it was just God awful.

1  Thank rozibella
Reviewed February 12, 2013

On the beach so pleasant location if you can get a table on the verandah.
Food is good but slightly pricey compared to similar quality Restaurants.
Have always found the service okay - even when it is busy.
Love the place for the quality and range of ice creams.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

its just unbelievable the wave rider are just wonderful you just forget your problems and enjoy by the time you leave the water you are relaxed you then take the ice cream before winding it up with Dance in the evening. keep it going VJ the music is lovely you just don't believe you are in Kenya I must say we really enjoyed every minute of our visit there.