3,706 results
All reviews fun pool smugglers cove lookout bar infinity pool animation team beach boys italian restaurant captains table jt safaris superior sea view cruise ship day safari snack bar main restaurant all inclusive package lobster kids club
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My family recently stayed at Voyager Beach Resort (21 - 25 May 2014) and I must stay I was a bit skeptical and didn't expect much (my husband booked without telling me :-( but well, it turned out the total opposite. The hotel is beautiful, I loved the grounds. Food was a.m.a.z.i.n.g, great variety especially at dinner, the staff were very friendly and helpful all the time. We had a 20 month old with us so there was this adventure place, some sort of kids playing center - I didn't like it at all. It wasn't clean, and the toys were old and broken. The rooms are okay but can do with some refurbishment. Entertainment was excellent. The hotel seems to source their providers very carefully. Mombasa roots had great singing on Thursday and their acrobats did not pull the usual acrobatic stunts.The hotel staff also entertained the guests on one of the nights, very professionally I must say. They even brought real Maasai dancers from Amboseli! Overall, I highly recommend the hotel and I would definitely consider returning there.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Maureen M
Manager_VBR, Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Guest.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen Voyager Beach resort as your preferred hotel during your recent holiday and having spared time to share your memorable experience in this forum.

We have taken note that you had a fantastic experience and the entire team is excited to have been part of this experience. We have taken note of the areas that we need to work on to enhance our guest experience.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed at Voyager between 20 - 27 of may and it was absolutely fantastic. The people were extremely friendly and kind to us, allways willing to help and to make us feel excellent. The food was great (different specific every evening) and the drinks were allways cold and tasty. The rooms were very clean and well prepared by the crew. The resort has 3 big pools were the Animation teams will make you feel in shape.
We got a superior room with ocean view although our reservation was for a standard one (because we were in our honeymoon). We felt very safe and secure not only in the resort but also during the trips that we took (Mamba Village, Haller Park and 1 day safari in Shimba HIlls). We had a great time there and hopefully we will return soon.
Thank you to Voyager Team for making us feel like spoiled children.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest.

We have taken note that you had a fantastic honeymoon experience and the entire team is excited to have been part of this experience.

Your reviews are very important to us and we do appreciate your support.

We look forward to hosting you during your anniversary together.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Francis, thank you for the awesome package. Couldn’t get it better.

We enjoyed the dockings in Mumbai, Shanghai, and Beirut and on the High Seas, thanks to the Chef-in-charge.

We wish to commend, Jacquie at reception…congratulations also!! Officer of the Cruise Philip Said for the good hospitality and explanation of cruise-culture, Paul the barman for the Lovely Rum Cocktail as recommended by Officer Philip. And John at the dining for always bring the fresh tea. We would also wish to commend your Animation team for keeping us all entertained…. We did not need to go anywhere else for entertainment.

The cruise rooms were clean and gardens green. Lovely pools and bars.

See you next Cruise

Tom C. Yegon

Room tip: many sea facing room. Ask for them early... Lovely views...
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Guest.

We have taken note that you had a fantastic experience and the entire team and colleagues you have mentioned are excited to have been part of this experience.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

So lets start with the positives- great weather in Mombasa. very freindly staff, reception staff met and greeted us offered us a lovley drink and took bags to our room as we boarded the ship. Decor round the hotel is good. Food was satisfactory, they could have been more local food on offer, the Chef will go out of his way to meet any special requests so do ask to speak to him and he is ever so frienndly. Please do tip the staff they work relaly long hours and minimum wage there is nothing compared to here. entertainment team are fantastic wow they made our week there. They worked really hard the extravaganza, bollywood night, etc was amazing, live bands was brilliant. The atmosphere was lovely for familys and couples. The kids club was good too kids really enjoed and well looked after. Varied activities like football on beach, craf work, they escorted kids all day to breakfast lunch and dinner too, swimming etc. Adult sports good too, again hats off animation team!!
But please donot compare the hotel to 5 star hotels you have stayed in abroad. The hotel was going through refurbishment when we were there but we were not inconvinienced however we had to change our rooms twice. The manager on duty a lovley lady i forget her name now was happy to personally choose our room and she did good- we got the garden facing superior rooms with balcony and nets in the rooms, tv, tea facililties, laundry, shower, (no baths), tastefully decorated to represent local atmosphere, swahili furniture, mineral water for brushing teeth and clean fresh towels and robes.
Ok so what about the pools? there are 3 pools- one adult one that was heaven on earth really it was level with the sea, bliss, clean and looked after. The sports pool by the bar was good too, more popular as drinks were served nearby. No bar by the adult pool bit of a shame, only one waiter taking orders and took while for drinks to arrive at adult pool. Fun pool is where all teh activities are so noisy but nice view and fun for kids. A bit run down in terms of paint work under the bridge but they were sorting out as we left hotel in april. This pool is open till late at night so was awesome. pools not heated obviously but the sun was os warm that the pool was heaven to swim in. Service at the sports pool was awesome. The staff in green overal around the grounds will even climb up palm trees and get you madafu (coconuts) so you can drink the refreshing madafu juice. Overall we had a great time. It is a good hotel maybe not the best but still we had a great time with family and little ones. We swam for hours adn as it was ll inlcusive we ate for hours too lol. I hope you find this useful- go with an open mind- request the garden rooms with adjoining door and balcony the view is stunning and the rooms huge and have airconditioning and fans. Ask for your cleaning staff to put nets on and spray room and voila no mosquitoes! Take insect repellent though just in case. Lots of suncream, a hat and sun glasses- my kids loved shirley temple - sprite with grenadine lol and enjoy Kenya!
Ask for Daisy at reception she is very friendly an dhelpful- also all staff speak English so easy to communicate. Tipping is part of the culture but no staff demanded you tip them they were happy to help always smiling. I still left a small gift for the cleaner, the receptionist and teh porter and animation team as they worked super hard!

Room tip: Garden suites- on the side of the restaurant, adjoining rooms, spacious with balconies, we were on first floor was lovely.
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank FarinHabib H

Dear Guest.

We have taken note that you had a fantastic experience and the entire team is excited to have been part of this experience. We have appreciated the areas where we need to improve on and for sure we will work on this areas.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently stayed at the Voyager Beach Resort and as usual, I was not disappointed. I loved the stay as the weather was perfect, the sports activities were on point, the trip to the marine park was out of this world, the food was great, the staff friendly and I generally had an excellent experience. The garden view was awesome, the sea view was magnificent....I hope i get a room there the next time I am there...this is in a weeks time. I would most certainly recommend this place to any one. Was there with my brothers and we loved it.

Room tip: Sea side rooms have excellent view of the ocean.....you will definitely love this.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends