We arrived tired from safari and both I and my mother were ill, too a friendly sympathetic staff, the staff did everything to accommodate my mother who has a long term serious illness.
the food has been great and and the service impeccable, after almost two weeks can only find constructive criticism in a few small areas, nothing at all which we felt the need to complain about, The constant desire of the resort for feedback is encouraging, and a little annoying sometimes, but compensated for by the the feeling that the hotel has a desire to increase the customer experience in any areas that they can, I noticed that some of the things I fed back about had already been implemented, within 48 hr.
For us it wasn't a cheap holiday, as with the best rooms and all inclusive, I feel that a review should be truthful and to the point, iv tried to cover negative and positive,
can they improve, I say that some areas could be fine tuned, but some of my feedbacks due to to the extreme heat might not be practical, or possible.
We were made to feel welcome, pampered, though felt a bit strange to us initially, like our British humour is strange to the Kenyan.
THE CAPTAINS TABLE
If you should get this invite,during your stay, definitely go it was the best dining experience of our stay, u will be plied with the best food, nice wine in a perfect setting, hosted by the Captain (Margaret the customer relations officer) usually a few couples, You will be probed for your honest feedback in a friendly non intrusive way, everybody stayed until late with normal dinner style conversation until the wine took its toll.
Smugglers Cove Restaurant
We decided to try this sheepishly at first, we all ordered lobster you have to pay 50 per cent if on all inclusive, 4 lobsters with all the trimmings for 10 English pounds each we worked out. Amazing well done to the Voyager.....Open a restaurant in Wales
We did find the food quality in the main restaurant where mostly on all inclusive we ate, extremely good, the love the chefs put into cooking things while u wait, a good selection of things to try mostly buffet style meals, with chefs watching lovingly over there dishes while guests serve themselves.
overall we gave 5 stars taking into account any things that we think can be improved on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moored seven kilometres north of Mombasa city centre, Voyager Beach Resort's convenient 'berth' gives guests easy access to a huge variety of historical, sporting and cultural attractions. The vibrant themed resort is famous for hosting some of Africa's finest family entertainments and animation programs, including unique themed journeys across the seven seas, culinary extravaganzas, with very supervised kids' activities and days out with Africa's best-known and most experienced childrens' safari club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Voyager Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Voyager Beach Hotel Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Kenya
- Voyager Beach Resort Mombasa
- Voyager Beach Resort Kenya
- Voyager Beach Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Mombasa